Author Topic: Remastered Voodoo and House of God  (Read 52081 times)

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
  • Even In The Night I See The Light
Re: Remastered Voodoo and House of God
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 07:58:23 pm »
i really think that the original house of god cover is the best art work, i mean not thinking on its relation to the album but thinking only in art, i think its the best  :D

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 08:03:37 pm »
I'm thinking the altar with the black devil on it :king:

Offline Phobos IX

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 08:18:49 pm »
Bellwitch how RUDE of you to disagree with ME  :fingers: You're so rude I'm gonna go back to my queensryche forums where everyone agrees with me and they're HELPFUL and NOT RUDE   :'(

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 10:15:41 pm »
Ok, #1 there's no need to go back to Queensryche yet. Personally, the Maiden one is rougher than this. 2) I agree with you that Graveyard looks like a 90s game, I was thinking along the mines of the back artwork photos from AVP or Diablo. 3) Drop Kings face, and it works. Only thing I see is that it's not as colorful, and the Graveyard is relatively the same. All they did too that was enlarge the logo, add a shadow, reshape the cross, and throw in some trees and lightning . Throw another color on the spider, maybe a brown like the old one. That was pretty sad though. Could have done better. Really, I wouldn't change Voodoo, HOG starting to grow on me. You know, this isnlike the Maiden remasters. The album art for the debut was cleaned and altered. Eddies got straight hair, red eyes like in the stage set where smoke came out, and where's the blue around the lights that's in the original too. I can't listen to it sometimes because those drastic changes piss me off, you know I'm forced to look at it. All we needed was the new stuff and remastering, not remixing or artwork! Leave it the same! Hats he way we like it, Dammit! Okay,  I'm done now. What do you think?

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 10:19:22 pm »
Wow lots of spelling errors. Oh well, I was rushing it. That's what I get

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2009, 10:28:33 pm »
Ok, #1 there's no need to go back to Queensryche yet. Personally, the Maiden one is rougher than this. 2) I agree with you that Graveyard looks like a 90s game, I was thinking along the mines of the back artwork photos from AVP or Diablo. 3) Drop Kings face, and it works. Only thing I see is that it's not as colorful, and the Graveyard is relatively the same. All they did too that was enlarge the logo, add a shadow, reshape the cross, and throw in some trees and lightning . Throw another color on the spider, maybe a brown like the old one. That was pretty sad though. Could have done better. Really, I wouldn't change Voodoo, HOG starting to grow on me. You know, this isnlike the Maiden remasters. The album art for the debut was cleaned and altered. Eddies got straight hair, red eyes like in the stage set where smoke came out, and where's the blue around the lights that's in the original too. I can't listen to it sometimes because those drastic changes piss me off, you know I'm forced to look at it. All we needed was the new stuff and remastering, not remixing or artwork! Leave it the same! Hats he way we like it, Dammit! Okay,  I'm done now. What do you think?

I'm going to use a classic example here;
If I can listen to Metal Church's Hanging In The Balance while looking at its art work, I'm sure you can get over the minor (yes, I said minor) changes in Maiden's remastered debut.

Also, the albums are in fact remastered, I don't remember anything mentioned about remixing (correct me if I'm wrong). I mean, if King felt that further adjustments needed to be made to his past works, so be it. Andy stated (in an interview I think) that certain significant elements to the music will be brought out that were never heard before. Personally, I think that's a real treat. As for the art work, I too don't care for the change, even if I do think that The Graveyard looks fucking cool. I'm more for the original Spiders cover, though.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 06:59:48 am »
I'm thinking the altar with the black devil on it
hell yeah :king:
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:12 pm »
I'm getting better with the Maiden, wouldve pulled it out, but tomorrows a KISS album, so hat may take up a few days in the player. Haven't had the chance to listen to Amazon. Umm some remixes/remasters work better. I know the Sabbath albums were remastered ages ago, the Black Box seems good, but I haven't heard the new deluxe editions of the first three. Helloween, and Gamma Ray sound great, as does King. I guess we'll know next week how it came.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 01:35:28 pm »

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 03:23:39 pm »
@ Satans Portrait: You have a great point. Hanging In The Balance has the STUPIDEST looking cover art for any album ever. I had a tough time liking much of their non-David Wayne releases (besides Blessing in Disguise) but that cover was just horrible, and made me kind of pissed, like it cheapened the value of their entire catalog. The new King covers don't come anywhere nearly as bad as that. Yuck!

I hope that these new remasters have some good bonuses, rough cuts, etc. like that keyboard-only version of Cremation on Conspiracy. That's great.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 06:24:24 pm »
What about Between the Eyes by Rainbow, or Born Again from Sabbath? Those are a bit odd too. That first one's a bit funny too

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 06:40:09 pm »
What about Between the Eyes by Rainbow, or Born Again from Sabbath? Those are a bit odd too. That first one's a bit funny too

And speaking of Sabbath; Sabotage is corny as fuck, when you (especially) look at Geezer Butler  :D
Like, whatever.

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 02:13:45 am »

The baby on Born Again rules! Come on! Who agrees?

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 10:25:48 am »
The baby on Born Again rules! Come on! Who agrees?

Agreed. But speaking of Sabbath; Technical Ecstacy, now that's an odd album cover!

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 11:42:16 am »
Those are all good examples, but they don't even come close to this:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:42:54 am by Lucifers Mirror »
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 02:23:33 pm »
Agreed. But speaking of Sabbath; Technical Ecstacy, now that's an odd album cover!

Yuck! Never Say Die is even worse!

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:47 pm »
Aahhhh! Take it away, It burns.. The power of Christ....Haha. Never Say Die isn't the worst, neither is technical Ecstacy. what about Flotsom and Jetson, gotta be something strange there. Otherwise, I think the Metal Church wins.

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 10:48:32 pm »
Bellwitch how RUDE of you to disagree with ME  :fingers: You're so rude I'm gonna go back to my queensryche forums where everyone agrees with me and they're HELPFUL and NOT RUDE   :'(
LOL good job trying to make fun of me,a year ago i would of let YOU have it,but i do love my QR forum i have made some REAL life long friends there,all friendly and respectful there,but nice try trying to get me going but its not gonna work this time :cool:

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 08:00:21 am »
im totally with this.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 04:52:50 am »
Just hope they still have time to add at least one bonus track per CD. Given that the videos will be for download only, bonus tracks (live stuff or demos) on the CD are a must, IMHO.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 07:09:27 am »
I agree
digital files blow.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 11:34:08 am »
Ok, loud and clear once again then --and slightly edited:

King, Ole, Metal Blade or whoever is reading this and has the ability to do something about it... can you please add at least one bonus track per CD to the "Voodoo" and "House Of God" re-releases? We the fans will really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 11:48:35 am »
Maybe a couple of live tracks...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 01:15:57 pm »