Author Topic: Remastered Voodoo and House of God  (Read 52082 times)

Offline ...To the Morgue.

• Lurker From The Dark
    • https://www.facebook.com/dooms666day
Re: Remastered Voodoo and House of God
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 03:14:28 pm »
Maybe a couple of live tracks...

Hell no!  I think add songs anything else than B-sides or anything recorded during the same session have nothing to do on a album.  I really think it destroy the feeling of the album.   You can add live tracks or demo etc.. but don't put this along the original recording...add them on another Cd instead...

This is why I don't like the remastered of KD & MF from Roadrunner.  They add random stuff that don't fit the actual production.  I'm glad to get the version with only the B-sides as bonus tracks which fit well...

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 09:15:09 pm »
Hell no!  I think add songs anything else than B-sides or anything recorded during the same session have nothing to do on a album.  I really think it destroy the feeling of the album.   You can add live tracks or demo etc.. but don't put this along the original recording...add them on another Cd instead...

This is why I don't like the remastered of KD & MF from Roadrunner.  They add random stuff that don't fit the actual production.  I'm glad to get the version with only the B-sides as bonus tracks which fit well...

I just push the stop button.

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 02:07:40 pm »
Who the fuck is dumb enough to base thier opinion on whether or not to buy an album or not, just because the album artwork isnt up to thier standards?  That has to be the fucken stupidest thing ive ever heard.  As was mention on this thread multiple times already, how many albums would we have NOT bought if we went off the cover alone.  Nobody would even know who Black Sabboth is!   Yeah the artwork is kinda cheesy.  Atfirst the spider thing is way cheesy.  But when i went to buy them i didnt go and grab them  and go "woah!!  Should i buy this or not...the art work looks kinda cheesy"  no.  I was like...hey dude wheres the new KD?  oh right on...found them and* Snag! with a big fucken grin on my face.  I was excited to hear the new sounds and tunes....not for the fucken cover that looks like a cd you buy that has the haunted house sounds you play on All Hallows Eve.

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 02:46:48 pm »

Of course, there's always the original releases, like most of us should already have. I don't mind having raw tracks, live tracks or remixes from the same release. KD's  extra tracks aren't just random songs. I find it very interesting to listen to the extra tracks on Abigail, "THEM", Conspiracy or Melissa. They're bonus tracks from that era or from that specific release...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 07:00:09 pm »
Of course, there's always the original releases, like most of us should already have. I don't mind having raw tracks, live tracks or remixes from the same release. KD's  extra tracks aren't just random songs. I find it very interesting to listen to the extra tracks on Abigail, "THEM", Conspiracy or Melissa. They're bonus tracks from that era or from that specific release...
That's exactly what was I was talking about. I'm sure there's some quality material they can add as bonus tracks. And look, bands do it quite often for Japanese releases, so it shouldn't be a big problem adding a little extra to an existing album.

To me some bonus material is a MUST for re-releases. It's a matter of having something extra, given that I already own the originals.

Ok, I'm very loyal to KD and MF and I will purchase the two remaining remasters anyway, but I bet more causal fans will appreciate a couple of bonus tracks even more than I do. And frankly, I cannot really understand how some people wouldn't like to have more for their money. Who doesn't want here a couple of extra live/demo tracks on CD from the time of those releases? C'mon! >:D

Also, there's this disappointing story about the videos. The videos were going to be "that little extra", right? But finally the videos didn't make it, probably because of budgetary reasons. We can understand that, of course; but if I was managing that project I would have pushed then for a couple of bonus tracks in order to keep the offer attractive.

Thus, to me, one bonus track per CD is the perfect way of compensating for the loss of the videos. Adding one more track to the masters is not a big deal, as it won't raise the costs of printing the CD, while consumers (we all, that is) will be happier.

This leads me to the equation "good value to the consumer" / "low effort" = GREAT ROI

Is anyone in Metal Blade who understands that, for Satan's sake? >:D

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 09:53:13 pm »
Ok, I'm very loyal to KD and MF and I will purchase the two remaining remasters anyway, but I bet more causal fans will appreciate a couple of bonus tracks even more than I do. And frankly, I cannot really understand how some people wouldn't like to have more for their money. Who doesn't want here a couple of extra live/demo tracks on CD from the time of those releases? C'mon! >:D

Agreed! But I just do not understand why people have such a problem with bonus tracks even if they think the additional songs "ruin the flow". For me, bonus songs are a real plus, at least for the first few listens of an album. But if I just want to hear the album and SOLELY THAT ALBUM...then I just stop the CD before the rest of the songs kick in.

Seriously, is it really that much effort to push the fucking stop button? It's not like they added the songs in between the others. Take Abigail as an example; I usually just listen up to Shrine, I don't really care too much for the rough mixes, despite them being a plus. So I stop the CD. It's really not that hard...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:54:38 pm by Satan's Portrait »

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:40 am »

:)

AMEN!!! Live tracks as a bonus is just stupid in my mind. LIVE ALBUMS are for that. If they can't come up with anything else, just leave it! The re-mastering and better mixing is enough. One or two livetracks from some long forgotten show is NOT going to make it any better. Often worse.

Offline Kris_dobo

• Black Horseman
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 09:12:26 am »
AMEN!!! Live tracks as a bonus is just stupid in my mind. LIVE ALBUMS are for that. If they can't come up with anything else, just leave it! The re-mastering and better mixing is enough. One or two livetracks from some long forgotten show is NOT going to make it any better. Often worse.
Ok but the two remaster that are coming out soon are Voodoo and House of God. Deadly Lullabyes doesn't have any tracks from them two albums so i wouldn't mind if the remasters had live tracks from Voodoo and House of God. Would be nice to hear live versions.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 12:59:49 pm »
I don't think that live tracks or other somewhat connected material detracts from the package; I think it can add a great deal of value. On the other hand, if they added material that was from a different era or storyline wouldn't make sense (ie. adding a live version of "abigail" on a re-packaged edition of The Eye) That wouldn't work.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 09:55:11 pm »
When i bought TPM it came with a DVD.  The DVD was King telling the story of TPM.  It was awesome.  I watch it alot.  I would love it if King did the same thing on these two remasters.  That would be an AWESOME bonus in my opinion.

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 11:21:56 pm »
^ That would be amazing, but don't hold your breath.

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2009, 12:03:41 pm »
Info about Vodoo and House of god appeared on massacre records
http://www.massacre-records.com/comingsoon_e.asp

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2009, 12:04:33 pm »
Info about Vodoo and House of God appereared on Massacre records

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2009, 12:05:25 pm »
Info about Vodoo and House of God appeared on Massacre records

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2009, 12:06:35 pm »
Info about Vodoo and house of god appeared on massacre records

Offline raasnio

• Catacomb Crawler
    • The Generation Why Podcast
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2009, 01:01:44 pm »
No one is really talking about how these remastered albums sound.

I have yet to get the actual CDs, though I will definitely be buying them. I did buy each album from iTunes but only because I had a gift card to use. I have always thought that tracks from iTunes sounded 'weak'. Especially when it comes to the low end.

Still, I can at least say from listening to The Spider's Lullabye that it has been much improved over the original. I have yet to hear the Graveyard remaster. My recommendation is to buy the CDs. I will be and am confident in saying that it will be worth it.

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2009, 01:49:49 pm »
no i definately will not be holding my breath.  But I can wish.  But i gotta ask. WTF was the point in posting 5 times with the same thing. 

But, when i first bought SL, my kids and wife were in the van so i couldnt turn it up very loud.  It sounded pretty cool....but last night i was driving by myself so i cranked that fucker as loud as it could go....sounded fucken Godly.  I loved it. 

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2009, 02:08:20 pm »
Yeah Spider's definitely has a fuller sound and is a lot more fun to listen to, to me. Poltergeist especially, I can hear background vocals that I never picked out before.I'll admit that my least favorite track on that record, Six Feet Under, is still my least favorite song.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2009, 05:06:18 pm »
The sound of both albums is waaay better than the older versions --crispier, fuller, tighter and everything. But why using those adjectives here? Just go purchase them. It is worth every penny... minus the fact there's no bonus track! :P :fingers:

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
  • King Diamond & Hell, best two metal acts ever.
    • Hellman-666 Forum
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2009, 08:06:24 am »
When i go to the www.massacre-records.com/thespiderslullabye & www.massacre-records.com/thegraveyard websites, I can't see where I can view the bonus KD videos, when I go to media or videos, all I see if the GMYSP video...anyone else having issues wth this?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:09:32 am by Jack Glass »

Offline ...To the Morgue.

• Lurker From The Dark
    • https://www.facebook.com/dooms666day
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 06:12:02 pm »
This is something I found a bit odd to call this "bonus" for a Cd when everybody can have access to the files...I was expecting somekind of codes or proof or purchase available for one download...Anyway I'm still happy to hear this fresh sound from both releases but I've just found this weird that it's "not so exclusive" for peoples who paid to get the album...

Offline raasnio

• Catacomb Crawler
    • The Generation Why Podcast
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2009, 11:30:48 pm »
When i go to the www.massacre-records.com/thespiderslullabye & www.massacre-records.com/thegraveyard websites, I can't see where I can view the bonus KD videos, when I go to media or videos, all I see if the GMYSP video...anyone else having issues wth this?

No videos, but I did find a cool page:

http://massacre-records.com/promo/Default.aspx?ID=&Band=King%20Diamond

Images are up for all 4 remastered albums.

Offline Wilmar

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2009, 02:22:40 am »
Why should I buy a remaster of an album that I didn't like to begin with? The songwriting on The Spiders Lullabye sucked bigtime. On The Graveyard there were a few nice songs, but not enough for me to buy the remaster. Voodoo was a great album, which I might consider buying again. House of God was a real weak album (only the intro was cool). I would love to see the first four KD albums to be remastered and re-released! With bonus tracks!

And a remaster can be a good thing: the remaster of 'Don't Break The Oath' was superior over the vinylmastering which they used for the first cd pressing. Reason enough to buy the remaster! But then we are talking a classic here, compared to those four albums that are being remastered right now, they are not as impressive as King's eighties material.

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2009, 03:01:36 am »
I would love to see the first four KD albums to be remastered and re-released! With bonus tracks!

What?

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2009, 06:29:49 am »
I think King knows better than to redo those masterpieces(Abigail.THEM and Conspiracy)
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/