Author Topic: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs  (Read 152494 times)

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
Re: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2007, 08:26:20 AM »
This is actually great idea! I've often wondered what actually has been released... It would be great to have similar list of CDs and Cassettes too. To help collectors. For CDs I know there's a lot of versions out there...

Offline KISSWacks

• Possessed
  • MF/KD F.A.Q.
    • The MF/KD F.A.Q.
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2007, 12:31:53 PM »
It would be great to have similar list of CDs and Cassettes too. To help collectors. For CDs I know there's a lot of versions out there...

I'm actually working on that... Keep your eyes open...

/KISSWacks

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2007, 09:18:56 PM »
I'm actually working on that... Keep your eyes open...

/KISSWacks

Great to hear. As said, I know there are several versions of many CDs, so it would be nice to know what's official and what's not. If someone also has info about what records have been made as cassettes, I would be very happy. I'm collecting just about anything, even cassettes, but they're hard to find, and I have no idea of what has been released. I've seen only "Them" and "Abigail" so far, but I'm sure there are others too...

Offline Wizzbang11

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • .....fuck TK?
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »
What is the "censored" conspiracy?
SAVE A TREE, EAT A BEAVER

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
Oh, and just realized. On the list I didn't see the latest versions of Melissa, Don't Break The Oath, Abigail and Them. I just bought them all. They're all vinyl versions of the remastered CDs released few years back. Different back cover (the same as on CDs) and same bonus tracks as on the remastered CDs. Abigail is 2-LP.

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2007, 09:37:49 PM »
What is the "censored" conspiracy?

Korean version. I'm quessing King's face was too much for them, so the front cover has only bands logo inside the frames...

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2007, 12:36:40 AM »
Oh, and just realized. On the list I didn't see the latest versions of Melissa, Don't Break The Oath, Abigail and Them. I just bought them all. They're all vinyl versions of the remastered CDs released few years back. Different back cover (the same as on CDs) and same bonus tracks as on the remastered CDs. Abigail is 2-LP.

are the 180 G LPs the remastered CDs on vinyl or were they actually taken from the master tapes???

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2007, 02:36:19 PM »
updated with the new Into the Unknown sunset version.

will add the new Melissa, DBTO, Abigail and Them as soon as CMdistro is back on-line. I want the right catalog numbers!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline hailtoking

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
Could this topic to be  a sticky..??

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2008, 03:56:11 PM »
Could this topic to be  a sticky..??

Thanks!  :cool:
This section of the boards is rather slow, and this thread gets bumped every now and then, so it's almost a sticky!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Tredz

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2008, 06:30:08 AM »
here is the info for the last lps
LP   33      MELISSA   2007   RRCAR 8770-1   Roadrunner Records   Cargo Records - Classics deluxe vinyl 180g wax
LP   33      DON'T BREAK THE OATH   2007   RRCAR 8769-1   Roadrunner Records   Cargo Records - Classics deluxe vinyl 180g wax
DLP   33      ABIGAIL   2007   RRCAR 8788-1   Roadrunner Records   Cargo Records - Classics deluxe vinyl 180g wax
LP   33      THEM   2007   RRCAR 8785-1   Roadrunner Records   Cargo Records - Classics deluxe vinyl 180g wax

Offline The collector

• Unclean Spirit
  • Worst death ever!!!
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2008, 01:14:07 PM »
I just discovered this topic today :-[. I have been thinking of , how to make some sort of collectors companion for some years now.
Imo it was a mistake to remove the testpressings from the list , sure they are rare , but not impossible to get.
The two rarest TP i have in my collection is: Return of the vampire and halloween(the pic. disk) if anyone here who knows how many copy´s there was made of those two , please let me know.
And that Melissa pic. disk nr. 0001 is no longer heavymetalmuseum´s it is mine :cool:

Offline valle

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2008, 07:34:40 PM »
i dont want to open another topic for my question, so i'll ask here  :cool:. does anyone have pictures of the "live in hilversum" and the "on a night of fullmoon" lps? i'm curious how they look like, i've never seen them i think. i know some brasil LP (red cover and vinyl) of "live in hilversum" but i bet that ain't the one the "die hard" collectors are looking for?? thanks in adv.! :)

Offline KDMF

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2008, 10:38:13 PM »
i dont want to open another topic for my question, so i'll ask here  :cool:. does anyone have pictures of the "live in hilversum" and the "on a night of fullmoon" lps? i'm curious how they look like, i've never seen them i think. i know some brasil LP (red cover and vinyl) of "live in hilversum" but i bet that ain't the one the "die hard" collectors are looking for?? thanks in adv.! :)

On this site you can see a bad picture of the LP On a night of a full moon. The artwork of the LP is between Live in Copenhagen´82 and Die schwarze maske.
http://www.geocities.com/mercyfulfate66/MFBootlegs.html

The old rare Live in hilversum has the same artwork as the Brazilian copy but the vinyl is black.
Check it out here:
http://www.buoy.com/~bonfire/mfdisc.htm

On a night of a full moon i´m still searching for. I have never seen a copy for sale anywhere yet.

Offline valle

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2008, 09:25:29 AM »
thanks for the information!

On this site you can see a bad picture of the LP On a night of a full moon. The artwork of the LP is between Live in Copenhagen´82 and Die schwarze maske.
http://www.geocities.com/mercyfulfate66/MFBootlegs.html

so it has the cd cover artwork? never seen it ...

btw. how many different editions of live in copenhagen / schwarze maske do exist? i've heard about 4 different editions at least?

The old rare Live in hilversum has the same artwork as the Brazilian copy but the vinyl is black.
Check it out here:
http://www.buoy.com/~bonfire/mfdisc.htm
On a night of a full moon i´m still searching for. I have never seen a copy for sale anywhere yet.

well i've heard that the orig. press was on red vinyl either and even on this site it states red vinyl? any differences to the actual brazil press? labels mabye? the brazilian one has blank red labels.

Offline KDMF

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
thanks for the information!

so it has the cd cover artwork? never seen it ...

btw. how many different editions of live in copenhagen / schwarze maske do exist? i've heard about 4 different editions at least?

well i've heard that the orig. press was on red vinyl either and even on this site it states red vinyl? any differences to the actual brazil press? labels mabye? the brazilian one has blank red labels.

Yes, On a night of a full moon LP has the same artwork as the CD. That´s what i have heard but i´m not sure because i have never seen it myself.

There are totally 5 different editions of the same record. Die schwarze maske with 2 different artworks. Live in Copenhagen´82, On a night of a full moon, Live tour (Live in the UK). They are all the same record but the artwork is not the same.

No, that is not correct. The original of Live in Hilversum is on black vinyl with white label and there is no old version of it on red vinyl. The original black vinyl is hand numbered with a red pen on the back of the cover and the Brazilian copy the number is stamped. If you have the red vinyl there is the new Brazilian copy for sure.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:09:16 AM by KDMF »

Offline valle

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2008, 04:31:32 PM »
thanks alot again! ...i need to get my hands on the live in hilversum lp!

thanks for the maske lp pic either. i have both lps on the right side of the pic. i have never seen the one on the upper left. the one on the bottom left was always the same for me ..the same like the stamped "adv. copy" (which i have) ...so never anything special for me i mean. but now i see there are some differences.  :)

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2008, 05:34:31 AM »
MERCYFUL FATE

MERCYFUL FATE (Often referred as NUNS HAVE NO FUN) -1st mini-LP-

* first pressing w/ WHITE BORDER, w/ lyrics sheet, 200 copies, RMLP-002, $ 95
* second pressing w/ BLACK BORDER, w/promo presskit (photo & a biography written by J. Kibble) & w/ lyricssheet, RMLP-002, $ 70
* third pressing w/ BLACK BORDER, distributed by BERTUS HOLLAND, RMLP-002, $ 50
* picture disc, Bootleg
* coloured vinyl (red, green, yellow, etc...) All Bootlegs 
I bought Rave-On RMLP-002 with black border, what's that then?

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
wuhuuuu im actually happy now!
just realized how much i have earned of money on my vinyls have the original Return Of The Vampire in perfect shape and Puppet Master Pic Disc and Deadly Lullabies damn im happy now :P

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
I bought Rave-On RMLP-002 with black border, what's that then?

second or third pressing......or a bootleg!  :fingers:

Offline KDMF

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2008, 01:27:10 AM »
Time is now released on splatter vinyl (Night of the vinyl dead) with sticker on cover and insert.
Limited to 500 copies. NIGHT 031.

Tredz

« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2008, 05:22:16 AM »
BRATS
* PAERE PUNK, Danish, LP comp, w/ 3 exclusive BRATS tracks (Dreams, I do what I wanna do, Magazine) just found a bootleg version of this lp no label on the disck, same cover but green cover.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »
Time is now released on splatter vinyl (Night of the vinyl dead) with sticker on cover and insert.
Limited to 500 copies. NIGHT 031.
what will a fair price for it be?

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »
what will a fair price for it be?
As it seems, somewhere between 20 and 25 euro (plus shipping). I think the best thing is to get in touch with the label since I belive you can get it cheaper from them.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »
As it seems, somewhere between 20 and 25 euro (plus shipping). I think the best thing is to get in touch with the label since I belive you can get it cheaper from them.

so i will have to get in touch with Metal Blade or Massacre?