Author Topic: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs  (Read 175610 times)

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
Re: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2008, 06:18:28 pm »
so i will have to get in touch with Metal Blade or Massacre?
No, you should get in touch with Night of the vinyl dead since they're the ones who released it. Link: http://www.nightofthevinyldead.com/index.htm

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2008, 04:27:59 am »
No, you should get in touch with Night of the vinyl dead since they're the ones who released it. Link: http://www.nightofthevinyldead.com/index.htm
Thanks alot Dude! :king:

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2008, 03:41:21 am »
second or third pressing......or a bootleg!  :fingers:
Well it was only 18€ so I don't care, at least I have it now. :fingers:

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2008, 06:53:14 am »
BRATS
* PAERE PUNK, Danish, LP comp, w/ 3 exclusive BRATS tracks (Dreams, I do what I wanna do, Magazine) just found a bootleg version of this lp no label on the disck, same cover but green cover.

Time is now released on splatter vinyl (Night of the vinyl dead) with sticker on cover and insert.
Limited to 500 copies. NIGHT 031.

added!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Tredz

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2008, 05:13:18 am »
a new V/A Lp with a Kng Diamond track
LP HOL HEAVY HAMMER HITS II/90 KD"Welcome Home" 1990 cat# LP 66 351 8 Roadrunner Records

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2008, 08:02:43 am »
I'm clearing out once again....putting items on E-Bay.
Let's hope I'm not too hard on overpricing, can't put King's work on sale  :king:

Ole Bang

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2008, 01:04:03 pm »
yeah i just got the second print of the Nuns Have No Fun EP! and thats with some Inlays that are handwritten! :D

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2008, 12:45:17 am »
Now this is what I call rare!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mercyful-Fate-Melissa-Test-Pressing-Megaforce-RAREST_W0QQitemZ160232474807QQihZ006QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what the snitzel!
thats some holy damn expensive shit!
1500 $ thats an awfull lot of money!
but hey if i was rich i bought it right away ;)

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2008, 05:16:52 pm »
a new V/A Lp with a Kng Diamond track
LP HOL HEAVY HAMMER HITS II/90 KD"Welcome Home" 1990 cat# LP 66 351 8 Roadrunner Records

added!....and sorry it took that long!

Also, if there are values that no longer make sense, please report them so I can adjust the list. Popsike is good, but lists only a few auctions over the last few years. I'd like more than just that source of information. Maybe record shops and what recently sold on eBay.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2008, 04:19:37 am »
There appears to exist a vinyl version of the bell witch. See: http://cgi.ebay.com/MERCYFUL-FATE-THE-BELL-WITCH-Lim-500-Hand-No-Insert_W0QQitemZ130239572368QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130239572368&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
and it does not appear to be a bootleg. Released on Night of the vinyl dead (as the new Time and Into the unknown). Or is it a bootleg. I´ll probably have it tomorrow so I can be back with more info...

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2008, 02:54:56 am »
Yes, the Bell Witch seems to be missing from the list. It would be great to have it updated! Also there is no further info on the Black Rose vinyls. Are these bootlegs or what? And Fatal Portrait's PIC.DISC? It's stated as bootleg?, but is there any certainty about if it is or isn't a bootleg? And lastly, big thank you for the one who came up with this list! This is a big help. It would be great to include all of the bootlegs here too, so all of us could see what bootlegs there are, and we can be aware of them...

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2008, 03:05:54 am »
There appears to exist a vinyl version of the bell witch. See: http://cgi.ebay.com/MERCYFUL-FATE-THE-BELL-WITCH-Lim-500-Hand-No-Insert_W0QQitemZ130239572368QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130239572368&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
and it does not appear to be a bootleg. Released on Night of the vinyl dead (as the new Time and Into the unknown). Or is it a bootleg. I´ll probably have it tomorrow so I can be back with more info...

It's official and a great item!  :king:

http://www.nightofthevinyldead.com/releases/night36_mercyfulfate.htm

Also check out this thread:
http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=1867.25
nah

Offline BLACKEAGLEOFETERNITY

• Witches' Eye
  • NDK Team
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2008, 08:37:53 am »
    I went over the list of KD & MF Vinyl LPs.I Did not notice the "Abigail Picture Disc" The U.S. Version.Side One of the Picture Disc Has the Carriage & Horses.Side Two has a picture of King with a giant flame in his hand.I purchased it in the Late 80's or early 90's at Rasputin Records in Pleasant Hill,Ca.The Album cover is clear plasic.I've never seen another one like it.Can someone tell me how many of the Picture Disc's were released in the U.S. at that time?It's not for sale.I would Like to know the Value of the Album as well.If any one can assist me,will you please reply to my post? By leaving a link.
                                                           Hail!  B.E.O.E.
so many blackened wings

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2008, 09:08:07 am »
Yes, the Bell Witch seems to be missing from the list. It would be great to have it updated! Also there is no further info on the Black Rose vinyls. Are these bootlegs or what? And Fatal Portrait's PIC.DISC? It's stated as bootleg?, but is there any certainty about if it is or isn't a bootleg? And lastly, big thank you for the one who came up with this list! This is a big help. It would be great to include all of the bootlegs here too, so all of us could see what bootlegs there are, and we can be aware of them...

Updated! And yes, I do them once in a while since I first put this thread up. You just have to be patient!....and you're welcome. Nice to know it's helping!

If you read ALL the thread, it will answer many of the questions you just asked. Ole Bang himself confirmed that the Black Rose Vinyl was licensed from Metal Blade, therefore official. The list is based on 2 private collection, plus the input of many forum members. I have no additional info on the Fatal Portrait pic disc, like a catalog number from a known distributor, so I have to stilll consider it a bootleg. And the reason why the bootlegs aren't part of this list is that their value just can't be quantified. (Ex. a bootleg company will state that only 300 copies exist, but in reality, they peressed 5000....you see!) And (I will repeat myself) the list is intended to let you know you're buying an official product, at its rightful value. So any corrections or additions are welcome.

as for the Abigail pic disc...this is all I know of the only official release.
Dutch, Pic-Disc, RR 6 9622, $ 40
If you have a different one, let me know of its origin (US, you say?) and cat. number. It is possible that there is more than one official version.

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2008, 01:54:35 pm »
If you read ALL the thread, it will answer many of the questions you just asked. Ole Bang himself confirmed that the Black Rose Vinyl was licensed from Metal Blade, therefore official. The list is based on 2 private collection, plus the input of many forum members. I have no additional info on the Fatal Portrait pic disc, like a catalog number from a known distributor, so I have to stilll consider it a bootleg. And the reason why the bootlegs aren't part of this list is that their value just can't be quantified. (Ex. a bootleg company will state that only 300 copies exist, but in reality, they peressed 5000....you see!) And (I will repeat myself) the list is intended to let you know you're buying an official product, at its rightful value. So any corrections or additions are welcome.

Thanks! I know that the value of bootlegs can be difficult to determine, but I was talking about listing all known bootlegs, without values, so someone doesn't go buying one thinking it's official. As we saw just now, it took a while for "The Bell Witch" to be updated here, and I'm pretty sure some of us have seen it in eBay, thinking it's a bootleg, since it's not listed here. As well, someone might buy some silly 7 inch single from Mercyful Fate's bonus track, thinking it's official, but this list just haven't updated it yet... If we gather info on bootlegs soon enough, noone can make the mistake that it's official, as well as officials won't be concidered as bootlegs...

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2008, 08:55:45 pm »
Well, I was rather slow to update the list with the Bell Witch ep. I'll give you that!  :D
It was discussed in another thread (the one Bub put the link to a few posts up!) and I was sure I had added it here. Shit, I even posted about it in that thread, so I knew of its existence! But, in my defense, I'm just a coven member like you! I don't moderate or administer the boards, nor do I maintain the official coven site! So you have to take this list as a fan list, with its inaccuracies and time lapses! But I am here to help, so I try to keep it as accurate as possible.

As for bootlegs, if you want to start a list, please do. I do not have nearly enough info on them to even think about starting one. I sometimes consult such lists for other bands and find the whole thing rather confusing. Like different titles for the same show, unofficial reprints of official albums and the aforementioned bogus limited editions! But I know that there are probably many like you who would like to have such a list and would be willing to contribute their input on it. Just like I do for the dvd bootlegs thread. I know I'm far from having them all, but I list what's up on dime and if it's worth the download. Not much, but it's all I can do for that!

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2008, 11:17:25 am »
Well, I was rather slow to update the list with the Bell Witch ep. I'll give you that!  :D
It was discussed in another thread (the one Bub put the link to a few posts up!) and I was sure I had added it here. Shit, I even posted about it in that thread, so I knew of its existence! But, in my defense, I'm just a coven member like you! I don't moderate or administer the boards, nor do I maintain the official coven site! So you have to take this list as a fan list, with its inaccuracies and time lapses! But I am here to help, so I try to keep it as accurate as possible.

As for bootlegs, if you want to start a list, please do. I do not have nearly enough info on them to even think about starting one. I sometimes consult such lists for other bands and find the whole thing rather confusing. Like different titles for the same show, unofficial reprints of official albums and the aforementioned bogus limited editions! But I know that there are probably many like you who would like to have such a list and would be willing to contribute their input on it. Just like I do for the dvd bootlegs thread. I know I'm far from having them all, but I list what's up on dime and if it's worth the download. Not much, but it's all I can do for that!

I think I will try to put up something pretty soon. As I said, and as you said, there is just so much unofficial shit around, that can confuse people to buy pirates. Thanks for the answer, and thanks for this list! Even if it's just a fan-list, it's of big help, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates this very highly...

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2008, 12:07:18 pm »
^well i sure appreciate it too :D

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2008, 06:53:45 am »
I noticed that there is no estimated value on the Korean Conspiracy Promo (white label). Does anybody know the value of this? (Bought it recently so I just wondered what would be a fair price. Mine was fair I guess. 250 SKR= approx. 38 USD).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:22:08 am by Mike Steele »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2008, 12:48:01 am »
^250SKR is a fair imo not that many money as it is rare and it's almost as cheap as any newer non rare album

Tredz

« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2008, 03:33:36 am »
a new VA LP with a KD tracks:
LP 33 JAPAN HEAVY METAL WARRIORS KD"The Candle" 1987 cat # FEMS SP25-5303 obi + insert.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2008, 12:56:56 am »
I have two questions regarding the list: Was Halloween really released as a LP (I mean not as a PD)? And does there really exist an unnumbered version of HOG (except fro the PD of course). I have never seen or heard of these...

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2008, 12:58:56 am »
^i havent seen a non PD of Halloween but i think i have seen one of HOG on Ebay...

Offline The collector

• Unclean Spirit
  • Worst death ever!!!
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2008, 12:54:03 pm »
I have a testpress of the halloween picturedisc , it is a white label , black vinyl (Greenworld/Roadracer) :cool: