Author Topic: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs  (Read 152535 times)

Tredz

Re: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 04:00:05 PM »
BLACK ROSE - 20 YEARS AGO - A NIGHT OF REHEARSAL
one PD exists, 2 lps has been made one black 500 copies and white
the PD and the white are extremly rare to find !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »
BLACK ROSE - 20 YEARS AGO - A NIGHT OF REHEARSAL

* Bootlegs
* Picture Disc, Bootleg
The regular vinyl version is NOT a bootleg. It's licensed from Metal Blade. It's limited to 500 handnumbered copies, the first 100 on white vinyl and the other 400 on black.

ABIGAIL II : THE REVENGE

* 2LP,
Additional info:
German DLP, Metal Blade 3984-14379-1

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 02:44:47 PM »
Many of the prices on that list is quite misleading due to the fact that the list is quite old and many of the records have either increased or decreased in value quite alot. For example you don't find the vinyl versions of RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE, IN THE SHADOWS, THE SPIDER’S LULLABYE and many other records that cheap today.
Due to this reason I think it's better not to list any value at all instead of leading people to believe that this is the acctual value.
I think it's better to go to www.popsike.com to check the value for a record since there you can also seem when it was sold which makes it easier to see what it's worth today.

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:05 AM »
Many of the prices on that list is quite misleading due to the fact that the list is quite old and many of the records have either increased or decreased in value quite alot. For example you don't find the vinyl versions of RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE, IN THE SHADOWS, THE SPIDER’S LULLABYE and many other records that cheap today.
Due to this reason I think it's better not to list any value at all instead of leading people to believe that this is the acctual value.
I think it's better to go to www.popsike.com to check the value for a record since there you can also seem when it was sold which makes it easier to see what it's worth today.
"I think it's better to go to www.popsike.com to check the value for a record since there you can also seem when it was sold which makes it easier to see what it's worth today."
This makes a lot of sense....and when more than one person, ( fx two or three people ) have been willing to pay a certain price it may be considered that this is the going rate, unless it is suddenly seen that other people are able to acquire the same item for less.

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 10:14:35 AM »
when more than one person, ( fx two or three people ) have been willing to pay a certain price it may be considered that this is the going rate
True. For example: MERCYFUL FATE – Nuns Have No Fun '82 EP RARE 1st PRESS was sold once for 214 USD which is the highest amount any one have payed for it since www.popsike.com come to the web while the second highest is 150 USD and since it was only a month between the sales it's quite obvious that the real value is not even close to 214 USD.

unless it is suddenly seen that other people are able to acquire the same item for less.
also very true. If you keep an eye on ebay from time to time you will see that if a record haven't been up for sale for a long time it often goes for a very high price and when other people who have that record sees what it's "worth" many of them will put up their copy for sale which makes the price go down qute alot (see for example: http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=taste+our+german+steel&thumbs=&x=0&y=0)

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »
Ok, I wonder what the point of the different colour is? :gah:
No point. They just made it that way.
ALSO, the picture on the backside is reversed. The US version of the picture is the correct one.
On the European version the ghost of King is in the left side of picture, in the US version ( GWP905599) King is in right hand side of picture, and correctly said earlier, lettes here are red, whereas they are white on the Europe version (RR65484 ).
Ole Bang

Offline KDMF

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 10:31:14 AM »
THF.
I think the vinyl versions of King Diamond & Black rose are all bootlegs. There are no barcode on the back of the sleeves and the picture disc. We have talk about this records before on the forum and I think "licensed from Metal Blade" just a trick to make us think it is a official release. I have own all these record and they sure look like bootlegs. The vinyl is extremly thick and heavy. The cover also looks like a bootleg release. The only official is the CD.

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 01:24:53 PM »
THF.
I think the vinyl versions of King Diamond & Black rose are all bootlegs. There are no barcode on the back of the sleeves and the picture disc. We have talk about this records before on the forum and I think "licensed from Metal Blade" just a trick to make us think it is a official release. I have own all these record and they sure look like bootlegs. The vinyl is extremly thick and heavy. The cover also looks like a bootleg release. The only official is the CD.
I also have the vinyl version and though I can agree that it looks a bit like a bootleg the label that released it is trustworthy and I've never heard that they have done any bootlegs. (Archaic Temple Productions is a sublabel of Iron Pegasus Records) The picture disc though is not released by the same label (atleast to my knowledge) and I believe that it's a bootleg.

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »
Does anyone know something about the rare Conspiracy LP version with the "Priest and Coffin" cover? Is it really in full color (like the Tour-Shirt)?

I only know the version with the "Priest and Coffin" cover which is brown and black (I think)...does anybody have a picture of the colored cover?

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »
Does anyone know something about the rare Conspiracy LP version with the "Priest and Coffin" cover? Is it really in full color (like the Tour-Shirt)?

I only know the version with the "Priest and Coffin" cover which is brown and black (I think)...does anybody have a picture of the colored cover?
To my knowledge this: http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=330016251798 is the only version with the priest and coffin on the front cover. I think that you misunderstod the information, "King disaproved of the color", if you look you'll see that it's brownish and on the other presses (when it's on the back cover) it's black and white.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 03:18:30 PM »
The regular vinyl version is NOT a bootleg. It's licensed from Metal Blade. It's limited to 500 handnumbered copies, the first 100 on white vinyl and the other 400 on black.
Additional info:
German DLP, Metal Blade 3984-14379-1

I also think it's a bootleg, but it's the right place to debate it. Also added the info for Abigail 2, thanks.

And a big thanks to Tredz who sent me the "ultimate" list! I've started updating the one on page 1. MF is done, and I just began KD.
If we come to a consensus of what some items are worth, I'll update too! That popsike site is great!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »
I heard that most of the copies of the BLACK MASSES / BLACK FUNERAL 7’’ Picture-Disc was destroyed and that there acctually only exists somwhere between 500 and 1000 copies. If my memory is correct it was because the label wasn't going to well and had to clear their storage or something and therefor had to destroy them (and asumingly alot of other records).

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »
One thing that could be good to do on the list is to remove all of the sales info. For example on the
MERCYFUL FATE (Often referred as NUNS HAVE NO FUN) -1st mini-LP- second press it states "(contains an exclusive presskit w/ a promo photo of the band + bio + disco written by J. Kibble)
This info is quite unessesery since that is what came along with Olivier Delobel's copy.

Label info for King Diamond  And Black Rose (4)  - 20 Years Ago - A Night Of Rehearsal
Archaic Temple Productions  Treasure 003

wasn't the 9 lp pressed in 3000 copies? If I'm not mistaken that's what mr. Wead told me!?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:11:20 PM by THF »

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
One thing that could be good to do on the list is to remove all of the sales info. For example on the
MERCYFUL FATE (Often referred as NUNS HAVE NO FUN) -1st mini-LP- second press it states "(contains an exclusive presskit w/ a promo photo of the band + bio + disco written by J. Kibble)
This info is quite unessesery since that is what came along with Olivier Delobel's copy.

Label info for King Diamond  And Black Rose (4)  - 20 Years Ago - A Night Of Rehearsal
Archaic Temple Productions  Treasure 003

wasn't the 9 lp pressed in 3000 copies? If I'm not mistaken that's what mr. Wead told me!?

Yeah, there is text that I wasn't sure if I could remove. Like in this case, I thought it could help to differenciate it from the third press.
But for other items, some mention that it comes with a lyric sheet, or had a sticker....but is it that important if your copy doesn't have it?

And also, I wonder if I should keep the TEST PRESSINGS and PROMO COPIES in the list. I mean, yeah, they exist, and could somehow be in circulation, but I find it makes the list very exhaustive to go through. And what value could possibly be awarded to such items?

Thanks for the info on the Black Rose lp!...and you should confirm with Mr. Wead about the 9 lp  :D
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 02:47:42 AM »
I also think it's a bootleg, but it's the right place to debate it. Also added the info for Abigail 2, thanks.

And a big thanks to Tredz who sent me the "ultimate" list! I've started updating the one on page 1. MF is done, and I just began KD.
If we come to a consensus of what some items are worth, I'll update too! That popsike site is great!
I tend to agree on the bootleg vote - but have sent a mail to MetalBlade for an official reply. The ' 500 handnumbered' is a safe clue of a bootleg.
Ole Bang

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 02:55:21 AM »
I heard that most of the copies of the BLACK MASSES / BLACK FUNERAL 7’’ Picture-Disc was destroyed and that there acctually only exists somwhere between 500 and 1000 copies. If my memory is correct it was because the label wasn't going to well and had to clear their storage or something and therefor had to destroy them (and asumingly alot of other records).

I have never heard about this before, and it could be a rumour. Can't confirm it though. Megaforce was doing quite well in those days, and I'm leaning more to the 'story' that it was simply a limited edition 7" Pic Disc.
Ole Bang

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 03:00:23 AM »

And also, I wonder if I should keep the TEST PRESSINGS and PROMO COPIES in the list. I mean, yeah, they exist, and could somehow be in circulation, but I find it makes the list very exhaustive to go through. And what value could possibly be awarded to such items?
Agree. Those test pressings probably only excist in 2-5 copies and there's no need to have them on the list. They are so rare that pricing will also be irrelevant and misleading. Basically there's at least one test presing for each vinyl LP.
Ole Bang

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 03:11:04 AM »
To my knowledge this: http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=330016251798 is the only version with the priest and coffin on the front cover. I think that you misunderstod the information, "King disaproved of the color", if you look you'll see that it's brownish and on the other presses (when it's on the back cover) it's black and white.

Thanks! That´s the cover I know! I thought there´s another cover in FULL color....but there were also rumors that there exists a bootleg version of the "original" Conspiracy LP (with that brown coverartwork)....but I´m not sure - heard only rumors...

Offline KDMF

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 04:42:46 AM »
Bloodfreak:

It does exist a bootleg copy of the original Conspiracy sleeve. It is made i Brazil. You could hardly see the difference between the original and the bootleg but the rim on the original front cover is red like the usual Conspiracy (with Kings face) and on the bootleg the rim is red/orange. The country list on the backcover with the barcode is sharp on the original. If you look inside the sleeve the origianal looks just like it should be but on the bootleg the paper is brown. The print is also sharper on the original. The bootleg is also rare but you can see it on ebay sometimes. The real original I have only seen one time. I bought it directly.

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 06:29:19 AM »
Yeah, there is text that I wasn't sure if I could remove. Like in this case, I thought it could help to differenciate it from the third press.
But for other items, some mention that it comes with a lyric sheet, or had a sticker....but is it that important if your copy doesn't have it?
I think that info about lyric sheet and so is good to have so collectors knows what things should come with the record.

I think that Promos can be good to have in the list since they can occur quite often for sale but test pressings are so rare that it's nearly impossible to find any so I don't think they are nessesery to have on the list.

Thanks for the info on the Black Rose lp!...and you should confirm with Mr. Wead about the 9 lp  :D
You're welcome. I'll do that.

I have never heard about this before, and it could be a rumour. Can't confirm it though. Megaforce was doing quite well in those days, and I'm leaning more to the 'story' that it was simply a limited edition 7" Pic Disc.
Ole Bang
ok, I'll see if I can get more info on this though just to be sure.

Tredz

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 10:37:51 AM »
THF.

i agree with you !

Tredz

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 10:41:35 AM »
Bloodfreak:

It does exist a bootleg copy of the original Conspiracy sleeve. It is made i Brazil. You could hardly see the difference between the original and the bootleg but the rim on the original front cover is red like the usual Conspiracy (with Kings face) and on the bootleg the rim is red/orange. The country list on the backcover with the barcode is sharp on the original. If you look inside the sleeve the origianal looks just like it should be but on the bootleg the paper is brown. The print is also sharper on the original. The bootleg is also rare but you can see it on ebay sometimes. The real original I have only seen one time. I bought it directly.

the rumours was true, what a shame for me !!!!!!!!

Tredz

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 10:43:39 AM »
* 7" Test pressing, MRI-02 (6 copies?)
for info i bought my copy 500 USD i think it's the rarest item in my collection !

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 03:15:32 PM »
Agree. Those test pressings probably only excist in 2-5 copies and there's no need to have them on the list. They are so rare that pricing will also be irrelevant and misleading. Basically there's at least one test presing for each vinyl LP.
Ole Bang

Done. Removed all the test pressings!
I left the promo items. And also done checking it against Tredz's list.
Now we can really start arguing values (or not!)
But if you spot mistakes and stuff I might have overlooked, I'll update. It's everybody's list after all!

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 03:10:58 AM »
* 7" Test pressing, MRI-02 (6 copies?)
for info i bought my copy 500 USD i think it's the rarest item in my collection !
That IS an amazing item to have, I'm thrilled that it even excist in these days.
Could be fun to find out how many actually have one like that.