Author Topic: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs  (Read 152893 times)

Offline manager

• Band
Re: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 03:13:03 AM »
Done. Removed all the test pressings!
I left the promo items. And also done checking it against Tredz's list.
Now we can really start arguing values (or not!)
But if you spot mistakes and stuff I might have overlooked, I'll update. It's everybody's list after all!
Great job.
Where will it be posted ?
Will be hard to track down if on the Forum - can you put it on the general page of CWW
Ole Bang

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 06:53:27 AM »
THF.
I think the vinyl versions of King Diamond & Black rose are all bootlegs. There are no barcode on the back of the sleeves and the picture disc. We have talk about this records before on the forum and I think "licensed from Metal Blade" just a trick to make us think it is a official release. I have own all these record and they sure look like bootlegs. The vinyl is extremly thick and heavy. The cover also looks like a bootleg release. The only official is the CD.
INFORMATION FROM METAL BLADE: they did give a license to “Iron Pegazus Records” for the Black Rose release.
Ole Bang

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 07:55:34 AM »
Great job.
Where will it be posted ?
Will be hard to track down if on the Forum - can you put it on the general page of CWW
Ole Bang

I was thinking of leaving it here. If the mods would make it a sticky, I'd be guaranteed to stay on top in this section. I don't have access to modify the CWW anyway!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 08:15:31 AM »
INFORMATION FROM METAL BLADE: they did give a license to “Iron Pegazus Records” for the Black Rose release.
Ole Bang

Ok, then! Updated with all info available!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 08:20:44 AM »
I was thinking of leaving it here. If the mods would make it a sticky, I'd be guaranteed to stay on top in this section. I don't have access to modify the CWW anyway!
OK, we take it from here, thanks again.
Ole Bang

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2007, 09:57:46 AM »
Maybe you should add the "Decade of horror" boxset?
Here's some info in case you wanna add it:
Contains The Spider's Lullabye, The Graveyard, Voodoo and House Of God on picture disc.
Germany, Massacre Records MAS BX0289 Approximate value: 90 USD (this is based on the last couple of sales found on popsike and ebay)

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2007, 10:26:42 AM »
I've made a little check on some of the records value today. The values are based on what I've seen the records get sold for during the last six months. The prices are based on the mean value between minimun two sales and then round it off.

Mercyful fate:
RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE LP $  50
In the shadows (Korean pressing) LP $ 70
DEAD AGAIN 2LP $ 50
9 LP $ 50

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2007, 11:01:31 AM »
I've made a little check on some of the records value today. The values are based on what I've seen the records get sold for during the last six months. The prices are based on the mean value between minimun two sales and then round it off.

Mercyful fate:
RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE LP $  50
In the shadows (Korean pressing) LP $ 70
DEAD AGAIN 2LP $ 50
9 LP $ 50

Ok, added the box set, and corrected the values of the above. I trust the homework you did!
I also corrected the value of the 9 pic lp at $60. Since the lp (2000 copies) is at $50, it seemed weird to have the pic disc (500 copies) with a lesser price tag!

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
I also corrected the value of the 9 pic lp at $60. Since the lp (2000 copies) is at $50, it seemed weird to have the pic disc (500 copies) with a lesser price tag!
The picture version is acctualy worth approximatly $45 (same way of setting the value as on the others). It's not to strange that it's worth less than the regular version since there is much less people who are interested in Pic. discs than regular vinyls.

I also noticed that the frensh pressing of the IN THE SHADOWS Lp is worth alot more than the korean (one copy was sold in june 2006 for $153) I didn't include it in the list since this was the only copy I could find that was sold during the last year so it's hard to say the acctual value (before that it was sold once for 50 euro and once for 80 euro).

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:43:00 PM by THF »

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2007, 04:10:36 PM »
I just found out that there also exists a Israelian promo LP for the Conspiracy. The only info I've found is that it was released by Roadrunner records in 1989 and is stamped "Made in Israel" and that there are some stickers on the cover stating it's a promo on both english and arabic.

Tredz

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2007, 11:25:35 AM »
That IS an amazing item to have, I'm thrilled that it even excist in these days.
Could be fun to find out how many actually have one like that.

i know two others people who have one copy
the first one
http://www.heavymetalmuseum.com/MercyfulFateRoom.html
and Paulo have one too but is collection is not anymore on his website may be he rebuild it !
may be 2 others copy are somewhere.

Tredz

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 11:35:42 AM »
promo copies exist for all the japan lp with a sticker promo, and they are really hard to find now !
i have only the fatal portrait lp promo and i'm still looking for the others especially the 2 MF !!!!!

Tredz

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 11:36:57 AM »
Ole Bang

do you know if they have an online shop ????????????????

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »

Tredz

Offline BlueBeast

• Unborn
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2007, 10:20:33 PM »
 :king:

I didn't know where to post this... but this seems an appropriate thread  :)

Just thought I'd mention i have a couple KD/MF items for sale on Ebay...  I picked them up at shows at the concession booth. Perhaps someone can help confirm the availability of these items.  It was great to meet a couple people from the bands, but i didn't get to meet King  :(

- 'The Eye' album signed by King and Andy
- '9'  album size promotional card signed by the whole band

Anyway, the item numbers at ebay are 200084222471  and  200084220645
or "King Diamond" under 'music' catagory

Plz don't flame me if this is in the wrong place   

I'd like to hear any comments  Thanks!

- Jason

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2007, 08:26:58 AM »
A tip is to start a new thread, atleast that's the best way to make people know that you are selling something (this thread is mainly to show people the value of the different pressings and releases).

I think the promo card for 9 is quite hard to find (haven't seen one for sale on ebay before).
The eye LP (unsigned) is quite easy to find, but I don't think it's to easy to find a signed copy.

Don't know the availability of these items but I hope this info is atleast a little helpful

Offline BlueBeast

• Unborn
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »
  Good idea... i'll start new thread, and thanks for your info!

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007, 06:32:02 PM »
I've just added to the list the "Give me your soul...please" German LP and Picture disc from Massacre Records.

Any info that's not in the list is always wecome!

Offline thePOLTERGEIST666

• Up From The Grave
  • the drummer boy
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »
o then i got a deal
I got "the Eye" for 18 dollars  :king:

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2007, 03:15:58 AM »
Abigail II have now been released on picture disc: http://shop.metalblade.de/catalog/product_info.php/info/p656_KING-DIAMOND---Abigail-II---The-Revenge---PICTURE-DISC.html
The info I've found in auctions on ebay states that it was release by Metal blade but the label doesn't list it in their release section so I'm not sure whether this is true or not.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »
the Metalblade.de site seems legit. I have no reason to doubt it. It would be nice to know the country of origin and the catalog number, but I'll add it anyway to the list.

Thanks for the info and the link.

Tredz

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2007, 03:54:26 AM »
Abigail II have now been released on picture disc: http://shop.metalblade.de/catalog/product_info.php/info/p656_KING-DIAMOND---Abigail-II---The-Revenge---PICTURE-DISC.html
The info I've found in auctions on ebay states that it was release by Metal blade but the label doesn't list it in their release section so I'm not sure whether this is true or not.

thanks for the info !

Offline Alexcinerator

• Banshee
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »
I ordered the Abigail 2 Pic-disc. I hope it gets here soon together with the GMYS.. Please LP/Pic-disc and Digipack.

Offline Alexcinerator

• Banshee
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »
About the Black rose a night of rehearsel Pic-disc version.
This is an orignal one and not a bootleg. Only 100 copies made.