Author Topic: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs  (Read 169617 times)

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Re: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2009, 10:10:39 am »
No , it should be removed completely. As far as I know it does not exist even as a bootleg.

I don't know where its number came from.
I've just compared it with an excellent recent discography list I got, and it wasn't there at all!!

so...removed!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2009, 09:08:42 pm »
Lower the value for the PD version of 9 (as I stated before, the value of the PD version is lower than the regular version)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:34:06 am by THF »

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2009, 02:53:32 am »
btw. THanks a lot for putting up this topic. My fave site!

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2009, 07:50:48 am »
btw. THanks a lot for putting up this topic. My fave site!

You're welcome!

Lower the value for the PD version of 9 (as I stated before, the value of the PD version is lower than the regular version (this is no bs, I actually
keep track of 100+ vinyl’s value)

So what would be a more appropriate value?
And if you are quite sure of other badly evaluated items, please do tell! I almost didn't change a value from the original list. A lot must have changed since.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2009, 09:37:22 am »
So what would be a more appropriate value?
And if you are quite sure of other badly evaluated items, please do tell! I almost didn't change a value from the original list. A lot must have changed since.

I think 40 $ would be more correct (Most sales I've seen has been between 30$ and 50$)

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2009, 09:40:16 am »
ok, done!

Offline hailtoking

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2009, 04:31:38 pm »
Yes, On a night of a full moon LP has the same artwork as the CD. That´s what i have heard but i´m not sure because i have never seen it myself.

There are totally 5 different editions of the same record. Die schwarze maske with 2 different artworks. Live in Copenhagen´82, On a night of a full moon, Live tour (Live in the UK). They are all the same record but the artwork is not the same.

No, that is not correct. The original of Live in Hilversum is on black vinyl with white label and there is no old version of it on red vinyl. The original black vinyl is hand numbered with a red pen on the back of the cover and the Brazilian copy the number is stamped. If you have the red vinyl there is the new Brazilian copy for sure.

I´m just wondering i have this Live in Hilversum in red vinyl (brazilian bootleg) but there´s no stamped number in the back?? does anyone else have the same thing??

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2009, 05:56:30 am »
I´m just wondering i have this Live in Hilversum in red vinyl (brazilian bootleg) but there´s no stamped number in the back?? does anyone else have the same thing??

Yep! Mine is the red vinyl and it has no stamped number on the back, just the printed text "limited edition 150 copies".

Offline redruM

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2009, 06:37:30 pm »
Yep! Mine is the red vinyl and it has no stamped number on the back, just the printed text "limited edition 150 copies".
My Copy comes with a white sheet with the songs and a handwrite number. Not shure about my copy number, but my copy it's number 023/150 (the "023" it's handwrited).
I have one more question: I got a copy of King Diamond & Black Rose on black vinyl and it comes only the vinyl. All copies comes with insert?
Where can I get just a copy of the insert? (I'm not pretending sell this one, it's just to have it).
Thanx in advance.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:43:36 pm by redruM »

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2009, 11:02:25 am »
I have one more question: I got a copy of King Diamond & Black Rose on black vinyl and it comes only the vinyl. All copies comes with insert?
Where can I get just a copy of the insert? (I'm not pretending sell this one, it's just to have it).
Thanx in advance.
The best idea would be to contact Iron Pegasus records (Archaic Temple is a sublabel of Iron Pegasus) and ask if they have any extra inserts. Don't know what their website is but it should come up if you google their name.

Offline redruM

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2009, 04:24:16 pm »
Thanx for help me, THF. Gonna try.

Offline King Of Diamonds

• Possessed
  • I am many...We are one... The HIGHEST!
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2009, 11:03:46 am »
I think I will try to put up something pretty soon. As I said, and as you said, there is just so much unofficial shit around, that can confuse people to buy pirates. Thanks for the answer, and thanks for this list! Even if it's just a fan-list, it's of big help, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates this very highly...

great idea...cool thread by the way. Found it (been a while since I've been on the site) and been reading through all of the posts since the beginning. I collect MF/KD stuff, mainly vinyls.

Offline King Of Diamonds

• Possessed
  • I am many...We are one... The HIGHEST!
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2009, 12:05:43 pm »
I threw together a list of known titles of Vinyl boot releases... feel free to add other info/titles in case I missed any.

List does not include "pirate" pressings of official LP's on vinyl or pic disc vinyl (ie. colored vinyl versions of the first EP, etc., or any Brats releases, or fan club releases ("live from the depths of hell", etc.)... I also did not include CD's, vinyls only.

MERCYFUL FATE

Die Schwarze Maske  ("Fata Morgana)
Live in Copenhagen `82
Live In The UK
On The Night Of Full Moon
Black Message (Black vinyl, red vinyl, Multicolor)
Live
Live in Hilversum (black vinyl, reissued on red-orange vinyl)
Satan's Fall (same pic cover as live in copenhagen 82)
Live at Vampire Theater (2LP pic disc)
Live in the USA (2LP)
Live 95 (pic disc)
Copenhagen After Midnight (pic disc)
First Sacrafice (pic disc)
No Mercy For The Fallen (Black vinyl, blue, also on pic disc)
Walking Back To Hell (Black vinyl, red vinyl, gold vinyl, dark red vinyl, yellow vinyl)
No Mercy For Montreal (2LP) (red vinyl, red/white-red/white)
Burning Lullabies of Pinochet (2LP) (red/yellow splatter vinyl)
Satan Is Better Than God (2LP) ( black, green/white splatter vinyl, Also on pic disc)
Early Sabbath (2LP) (Black vinyl, pink)

7"
Aardschok Fest (white vinyl)
All Witche's Night  (also on pic disc)
Melissa's Nightmare (black vinyl, clear splatter)
I Sold My Soul To Burn In Hell (yellow vinyl)

KING DIAMOND

Forget The Fates
Satanic Rites (blue vinyl ,black, clear)
Copenhagen Saga (yellow vinyl)
Spiders Lullaby Demo 12" EP

7"
Funeral
It's The Devil I See
A Night In The House Of God (white vinyl)

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2009, 09:12:54 am »
I just added this....

EVIL / CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS (2009 Guitar Hero Metallica Versions)

*US, Picture-Disc, Metal Blade, $20

I saw it in the Metal Blade store, and it didn't have a release number. I'm not even sure if it's made by metal blade, or is an import from Massacre or else. Does anyone have more info on this?

Offline Nightmare

• Deadly Lullabye
    • Last.fm
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2009, 11:42:51 am »
Anyone ever seen the Voodoo (colored) 2lp ? It's definitely a boot. but does anyone have it/how's the quality ?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:43:23 am by Nightmare »

Offline Alexcinerator

• Banshee
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2009, 01:20:48 pm »
Here's some info on the EVIL/CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS Pic-Disc
mas PD0660 Massacre records

Does anyone knows how many copies there are?

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2009, 07:11:36 am »
thanks, so metal blade did nothing! will add it now.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2009, 10:14:32 am »
I have seen an E-bay ad claiming there are 1000 copies of the Evil/Curse PD but I admit that´s not a very reliable source.

Offline The Mad Arab

• Black Horseman
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2009, 10:11:14 am »
I have seen an E-bay ad claiming there are 1000 copies of the Evil/Curse PD but I admit that´s not a very reliable source.
They told me the same in my local record store, 1000 copies only. It´s hard to believe because it´s not numbered and it´s for sale almost on everywhere.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2009, 05:41:37 am »
1000 copies are actually quite a few. I don´t think it´s hard to believe. There´s not such a rush for KD picture discs. So I actually think there are 1000 of them.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2009, 12:17:16 pm »
Just noticed there are two different presses (talking about Evil/CoTP). One (European) on Massacre ond one (American?) on Metal blade.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2009, 02:29:59 pm »
So is there rerally an american version? If so, what's the catalog number? there is no info on the metal blade site. Just that you can order it from them!

Offline The collector

• Unclean Spirit
  • Worst death ever!!!
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »
My two editions are : Massacre records   : MAS PD 0660
                           : Metalblade records : 3984-1476-1

Offline The Mad Arab

• Black Horseman
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03:03 am »
Anyone wants to trade American Metal Blade -version to a European Massacre -version? I got 2 copies.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2009, 05:35:42 pm »
there is an ebay auction for quite a few MF vinyl lps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280407018830&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I noticed the descriptions and values are straight from this thread. So to whoever put it up, I just want to make sure you realize that those values may not be that accurate today since most were lifted from an old site that went offline some time ago (read the first few pages). I tried, with the help of many collectors here, to keep it up to date, but it is by no means a definitive price guide to those records, more of a general idea!