Author Topic: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs  (Read 152792 times)

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
Re: Value of MF/KD vinyl LPs and EPs
« Reply #425 on: January 19, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »
It's probably been answered, but how much is the remastered version of Melissa worth? I've seen it go on Amazon for as much as $60-80

What? THe vinyl remaster? I would say 20.

Offline evilmessenger91

• Possessed
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
Ive just started collecting KD vinyls as I'm a relitavley new fan. Finally realised the erros of my ways. Picked up a first press of Abigail for £13 which is about $20ish. And the remaster of Voodoo clear vinyl for about £20. If anyone knows any good vinyl sites please let me know. I really only browse on www.discogs.com at the moment but I find that site to be pretty useful!

:king:
OHHH VICTORIA NO!!!

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »
Well..most of rare stuff  you will only find on ebay.com

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »
Ive just started collecting KD vinyls as I'm a relitavley new fan. Finally realised the erros of my ways. Picked up a first press of Abigail for £13 which is about $20ish. And the remaster of Voodoo clear vinyl for about £20. If anyone knows any good vinyl sites please let me know. I really only browse on www.discogs.com at the moment but I find that site to be pretty useful!

:king:

You are most welcome to the club of crazy collectors!! I´d say ebay-sites generally, the US-site, the UK-site and the German site are where I find most of them... But also discogs and musicstack.

Offline MercyfulFate999

• Black Horseman
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2012, 05:45:48 PM »
666^^^ I would try getting this on e-bay , should be able to do better than those prices . Unless your looking for a new , unopened copy . Mike probably knows alot more than I with this stuff but I think he would most likely do the same .
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #431 on: January 22, 2012, 12:46:36 AM »
No the CD. Check out this link and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Mercyful-Fate/dp/B000000H43/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327187969&sr=8-1

That is the price people have listed it for but will never get. So - even though I am not into collecting the CD:s - I am certain that is not the accurate market price. After all - people can put just about any price on things they want to sell; I saw someone demanding 1000 usd for the regular Halloween PD once... I would guess a used copy of a standard CD (nothing fancy really) would sell for at most 10-12 usd.

Offline The Mad Arab

• Black Horseman
« Reply #432 on: September 23, 2012, 06:24:33 AM »
This could be slight offtopic, but just to tell my story of collecting lp´s. Some 2-3 years ago I won the ebay bid on Don´t Break The Oath pic disc from USA and I´ve paid it immediately. It was going about three weeks and I send some questions about the parcel. The seller was so kindly that he replies ASAP and tell there´s some delay et cetera. After 5 weeks his next explanation was: the post office has some misunderstanding and send the lp back to me. Then he promised to send it to me ASAP. When you use paypal be aware, theres only 45 days time to get your money back. I believed this seller because he has positive feedback, but he only hesitate 45 days and then he has prevent me to give feedback on ebay. What a moron. There goes my money.

The second time was on Finnish huuto.net site. I won the bid on Fatal Portrait Japan lp. I´ve paid the lp immediately and even the seller was live in same town with me, he never sent the lp and never answered questions via e-mail. I read his upcoming feedback and there was many other guys in the same situation with me. I think ok, that´s enough. I was thinking about to visit in his house, because I know the address. Next thing to came up to my mind was, maybe it´s better to made an police report. The seller called me next day and ask do you want your money back or the lp? I wanted to take the lp and it was in mint condition. I have sold it onwards because I don´t want to hold on memories like that.

The third time in last year was on discogs. I even registered to the site because I wanted to buy red Spider´s Lullabye lp. I have paid the lp via bank transfer and there goes my money again. I never heard anything from the seller after payment. It was the first and the last time when I was using discogs and even as a reason to give up to collect KD/MF. Too much bad luck. I´ve purchased and sometimes sold thousands of records via internet. These 3 different cases was the worst of all.

Of course I`ll buy the next King Diamond lp from my local store if and when it comes from the darkness.  :icon_twisted:

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #433 on: September 27, 2012, 08:36:03 AM »
Sorry to hear that... It is inescapable that sooner or later you run into idiots trying to rip you off. I have had my fair share of those incidents as well but on the whole I think I am pretty well off. Now and then you manage to make a great deal as well and it kind of eliminates the bad experiences. But nevertheless it is awful when it happens...

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
  • Heavy Metal (Is The Law)
« Reply #434 on: September 27, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »
I have one question... I have Dead Again LP and maybe one day I will sell this vinyl. What do you think, how much money can I earn?

Vinyl is in near mint condition and sleeve is very good.
There's a little old man...standing by my window

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #435 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
I have one question... I have Dead Again LP and maybe one day I will sell this vinyl. What do you think, how much money can I earn?

Vinyl is in near mint condition and sleeve is very good.

Varies a lot but perhaps 75-80 usd if it looks good. But possibly bit more...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:16:14 AM by Mike Steele »

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
« Reply #436 on: September 27, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »
Not bad  :king:

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #437 on: October 22, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »
Not bad  :king:

Last price on ebay: 152,50 usd...

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
« Reply #438 on: October 22, 2012, 02:57:02 AM »
Nice  :)

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #439 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that... It is inescapable that sooner or later you run into idiots trying to rip you off. I have had my fair share of those incidents as well but on the whole I think I am pretty well off. Now and then you manage to make a great deal as well and it kind of eliminates the bad experiences. But nevertheless it is awful when it happens...
I once bought the shaped CD from a seller on ebay...about $30 .. I paid and the seller never answered me nor sent the CD..
Ebay gave me my money back..but since then I only buy cds from sellers with good feedbacks

Offline Necrolust

• Mad Arab
  • Son Of Northern Darkness
« Reply #440 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:14 PM »
a bit off topic here, but a very valuable site, that tracks what albums are being sold for, it's a great site and thought it could be of use to people here.

www.popsike.com
Evig er kampen mod lyset!!!

Offline Roc

• Spirit
  • "I think Melissa's still with us"
« Reply #441 on: August 05, 2013, 08:26:24 PM »
I recently scored some first U.S. press editions of Mercyful Fate & King Diamond vinyls at my local record shop. I know I overpayed though  :kopfpatsch:
Thing is, it's not every day I can have the convenience of a 5 minute drive and just buy the vinyl then quickly go home and play it on my turntable. It's a little embarrassing what I paid but here goes:

Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath

First U.S. press by Combat Records (1984): $39.99  :kopfpatsch:

King Diamond - Abigail

Roadracer Records, first press (1987): $29.99

King Diamond - Conspiracy

Roadracer Records, first press (1989)(Includes Thomas Holm drawing insert): $32.99

Last year I scored "Melissa" and "Them" for $19.99 each which I felt was good. "Them" is the first U.S. press by Roadrunner Records in 1988 and "Melissa" is the second U.S. press by Megaforce Records in 1983 but it doesn't have the insert  :icon_frown:

All in all, despite overpaying a bit I'm still happy because I love King Diamond & Mercyful fate and am able to own a piece of heavy metal history.  :king:
Like I said before, I feel as if part of the price was for convenience. Problem is vinyl is popular and trendy these days so record shops and online sellers seem to take advantage of that.

Offline Tremil1332

• Holy Shrine
    • My Ever Growing Record Collection
« Reply #442 on: August 06, 2013, 04:09:13 AM »
I recently scored some first U.S. press editions of Mercyful Fate & King Diamond vinyls at my local record shop. I know I overpayed though  :kopfpatsch:
Thing is, it's not every day I can have the convenience of a 5 minute drive and just buy the vinyl then quickly go home and play it on my turntable. It's a little embarrassing what I paid but here goes:

Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath

First U.S. press by Combat Records (1984): $39.99  :kopfpatsch:

King Diamond - Abigail

Roadracer Records, first press (1987): $29.99

King Diamond - Conspiracy

Roadracer Records, first press (1989)(Includes Thomas Holm drawing insert): $32.99

Last year I scored "Melissa" and "Them" for $19.99 each which I felt was good. "Them" is the first U.S. press by Roadrunner Records in 1988 and "Melissa" is the second U.S. press by Megaforce Records in 1983 but it doesn't have the insert  :icon_frown:

All in all, despite overpaying a bit I'm still happy because I love King Diamond & Mercyful fate and am able to own a piece of heavy metal history.  :king:
Like I said before, I feel as if part of the price was for convenience. Problem is vinyl is popular and trendy these days so record shops and online sellers seem to take advantage of that.

Nice score. Not sure you overpayed too much, think thats about what i've seen them go for on ebay.
And then you don't get to grade them yourself (not every online seller who is totally honnest about the grade of records).
And you don't shipping cost (which is killer for me, if im ordering from the States) and you can play them when you get home, without waiting for the mailman.

Offline Roc

• Spirit
  • "I think Melissa's still with us"
« Reply #443 on: August 06, 2013, 07:04:24 AM »
Nice score. Not sure you overpayed too much, think thats about what i've seen them go for on ebay.
And then you don't get to grade them yourself (not every online seller who is totally honnest about the grade of records).
And you don't shipping cost (which is killer for me, if im ordering from the States) and you can play them when you get home, without waiting for the mailman.

Thanks! You're absolutely right, I got to examine the vinyls myself before purchasing them and as soon as I got home they went right on the turntable. Very exciting really, as we all know.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #444 on: September 13, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »
And keep in mind that the values listed on page 1 were semi-valid in january of 2007 (date of initial post) and were mainly copied from a list that was a few years old already. Since there are many new vinyl adepts out there, those original '80s pressings are getting harder to find, so the prices tend to go up radically. I've noticed this the last few years. I don't know if it's gonna maintain, go down or get worse! The main goal of the list is to know what's out there that is not a bootleg, and compare what versions are more rare. If you are happy with your purchases, that's all that really matters!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #446 on: September 16, 2014, 05:53:13 AM »
At a local chain called Half Price Books they had the Melissa LP but it was signed by King, so it was $75! Way too much for me and the autograph is not important unless I personally got it myself. Who the hell would go through the trouble to get him to sign it only to sell it to a used book/record store anyway? Well here is the even shittier part, this store has 50% off sales all the time, so I just waited for that. When the sale eventually came, the record was nowhere to be found. I figured someone else bought it. Then a few days after the sale was over it magically appeared back in the same spot again! Fucking asshole store manager probably put it in the back so no one could get it for less than $75. The autograph seemed like a newer one too, he had the 9 and "stay heavy" written under it, he didn't do that back in the 80s did he?