Author Topic: Remasters  (Read 13748 times)

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
Re: Remasters
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 10:44:27 pm »
He said that there has never been a "King Diamond" release that had an extra track.  The two you referenced are Mercyful Fate releases.

Offline Mr_McKenzie

• Black Horseman
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 04:09:17 am »
thanks for the update, King!!!

Those DVDs are going to be a dream fulfilled!!!

best regards
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:17:44 am by Mr_McKenzie »
“We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not mean

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:37 am »
thank you friend, but do you knonw
why did king mancion about 1997 Copenhagen VEGA King Diamond tour

This is the first set of shows we were told about:

MERCYFUL FATE DVD:

* Copenhagen 1982 with Benny Petersen
* Amsterdam Paradiso 1984
* Copenhagen 1984
* Reunion MF 1993
* Roskilde Festival 1994
* Copenhagen 1995

KING DIAMOND DVD:

* Washington 1986
* 1987 supporting MOTÖRHEAD
* Show footage 1989 USA + backstage footage
* Full 1990 concert Spain Euro Conspiracy tour
* Behind the scenes 1990 Conspiracy
* Copenhagen concert in the park 1990 with 5 cameras.

Maybe there were some changes? maybe they found something else that would be more suiting for the DVDs? We won't know until we ask the band :P
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 07:42:02 am »
We won't know until we ask the band :P
...or until the DVD will be released! :gah:

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:48 am »
thanks King for the clarifications!

so....where can we download the videos?.....for those who would get the remasters just for that, but now realize we don't have to!

I know it's been posted already and with a simple search, I would find it in 3 seconds, but someone's gonna ask, so it might as well be me!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:11:35 am by Beelzebub »
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 08:26:04 am »
thanks King for the clarifications!

so....where can we download the videos?.....for those who would get the remasters just for that, but now realize we don't have to!

I know it's been posted already and with a simple search, I would find it in 3 seconds, but someone's gonna ask, so it might as well be me!

Beelz check out the stickied Remasters,last page,my comment

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 08:41:11 am »
For some reason(I'm trying so much to hold the **** word here) the Quicktime version of TSL one doesn't work.I'm trying out the MP4 one which,HOPEFULLY,will work...

As for the Graveyard one,kickass quality.If that's what the DVDs will look like,heavens help me,I'm gonna spend a few weeks just looking at the concerts.

Edit: GAWD,could the download speed be any less? I mean really,100 Kb/s is too fast! My computer is gonna crash!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:42:33 am by Countess De La Fey »

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 08:57:18 am »
lol! it's slow, but I'm now getting 270 Kb/s....hoping that the TSL will work!

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 09:09:38 am »
lol! it's slow, but I'm now getting 270 Kb/s....hoping that the TSL will work!

Don't grab the quicktime! Get the MP4!!!

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:25 am »
too late! and you're right, Winrar wouldn't even decompress it....corrupt file!

Offline kingdiamondfan#1

• Victimized
  • Never Will I Break The Oath I Gave
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 09:37:14 am »
I bought Spiders n Graveyard, very good job from the band... I can't wait for house of god! \m/

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
  • "I am burning for you..."
    • Michael Griffey on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 10:47:12 am »
Thanks for the updates, King!

Andy is amazingly talented and I don't want to impugn the remasters, but I have to ask why there seems to be this obsession with remastering everything from the past. It's really not just you, it seems that many bands are remastering their old material and I see it as re-writing history. That was how you sounded back then. I listened to each album so many times I remember every single note and sound so when it's remastered it almost seems like blasphemy.

As a musician, I understand the desire to sit at a console and keep doing things until you get it perfect. The problem with that is that people like us will never find that perfection. We will always be able to find something wrong with our own work because we hear everything that goes into a recording...we were there so we drive ourselves insane trying to clean it up just a little more...like drug addicts...just one more fix, hehehe. Chasing that perfect sound that to the listeners, we have already achieved...but as the Artists we're not happy yet and never will be.

Yet it was released and as a listener to all of your albums millions of times, I can say it was perfect before. We'll never be able to hear it in pure form without digital adulteration. There is no such thing as the perfect "clean" because every person's ears hear things differently. When I play a song, I hear it perfectly and clearly...until it's recorded...then it changes as it unfortunately must.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
THE DEVIL IS A TRUCK DRIVER
http://www.michaelgriffey.com

Offline King Diamond

• Band
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 12:22:09 pm »
Bolivarmaxi & Countess De La Fey:
Regarding the DVD content, YES, things change along the way. At this point, it looks like the King Diamond DVD set will consist of 3 disks.
Disk 1: the outdoor show in Copenhagen from 1990.
Disk 2: VEGA, Copenhagen 1997 (the opening show of the King Diamond/Mercyful fate double header European tour) + bits and pieces from 1990 Euro Conspiracy tour, including behind the scenes stuff.
Disk 3: Washington 1987 + bits and pieces from 1989 US Conspiracy tour, including behind the scenes stuff.

The Spanish show has been exchanged with the 1997 VEGA show because we noticed that big parts of that Spanish show had unfortunately already been leaked and is available on various sites on the internet.
Also, when checking the 45 minute support for Motorhead in 1987, it became clear that the sound is too distorted.

With respect to the Mercyful Fate DVD set, at this point it stands as you listed but we have not yet started working on it in detail.
Don't hold me to this, but we might be able to get our hands on some more early Mercy in very good quality (multi-cam), straight from those who shot it in Holland. Some of this has been available on the internet, but never in a multi-cam edit and guaranteed not in the quality we can make it in. This would expand the 3 DVD set to a possible 4 DVD set, BUT as I said, this is not a thing you should hold me to. Things change all the time.

Hope this clarifies the VEGA 1997 confusion.

Dr Demented:
Yes, you are so very very right in everything you wrote. By the Devil do I know.
There is though one exception in this case: on Andy's versions I can hear things that I knew we recorded back then, but which was totally lost on those old masterings due to a sloppy mastering job. Back in those days we were unfortunately not involved in that process ourselves. Also, these versions are coming across much more powerful as well, and seem to finally get their deserved treatment.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 12:24:59 pm »
^Well then...there it tis. :)
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 01:01:30 pm »
Thank you king, I am very very glad with you ask my question? thank you so much.
sorry for my english
A new question  what about the show in copehagen 1990 with 5 cameras? is the outdoor show?

thank you,  :king:
BAMT

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 01:12:40 pm »
I will pray for MF 3 or posible 4 dvd, wiht early shows, it must be a dream treasure make real,sure people like me will hope this material for many years, I am sure that the internet videos are not like king dvd makes for himself
BAMT

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:09 pm »
I will pray for MF 3 or posible 4 dvd, wiht early shows, it must be a dream treasure make real,sure people like me will hope this material for many years, I am sure that the internet videos are not like king dvd makes for himself

Looking forward to them as well, but I'm dying for a new album and tour. :king:
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 02:24:42 pm »
Looking forward to them as well, but I'm dying for a new album and tour. :king:

word :)

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 04:43:42 pm »
I have heard the albums by now, only heard, i don't have them myself yet, i will get them but i don't have them

The Spiders Lullabye is amazing! The original album was soo poorly mixed that the new one seems like a whole different album! It's awesome!

The Graveyard on the other hand... I can't really hear any majoy differences, but i guess there are smaller things i havent noticed in those first imoressions i got from it.

Btw King, i think it's great that you choose some later concert stuff from King Diamond. that gives a more variated selection of songs and so on on the dvd. I will need that for whatever mood i am in so i think it's fantastic that we can have a Vega show from 97. That by the way is a beautyfull little place to be playing. I haven't had the honor myself but i have been there to shows and it's cool and they have a great sound there :) Small place on 2nd floor but an awesome place! people are in for a treat when they get that dvd!

King: I understand why you would like to remaster all of the albums that Andy have been (and maybe still is) working on, cause i always found the sound on those albums a bit hollow, especially House Of God and Spiders Lullabye. It doesn't affect the music, i can listenen to shit productions from ´80ies thrash underground and still like it, so i have no problem with bad quality, as long as the songs are great.That's why i have to thank you guys for not overdoing it with the new remasters. There has been adjusted the right amount, not to much and yet not to little, i like that :D

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
  • King Diamond & Hell, best two metal acts ever.
    • Hellman-666 Forum
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 05:01:43 pm »
The remasters sound much better than the originals, really good job done, pitty massacre have uploaded the vids a bit late and TSL quicktime download is corrupt, got to use the mp4 ones instead because some nuget can't compress files properly...not to worry. Looking forward to voodoo and HOG, two top notch albums that I will also happily buy without hesitation. Got all the originals and all the remasters from every CD anyway, the roadrunner vaults, the anniversary editions, roadrunner remasters, the andy remasters, plus on tape & lp, been trying to buy everything official since I was about 14, need the Abigail pic disc, the HOG LP to complete my lp collection.

Wouid have been nice if the people who paid for the remasters got a special code, so only they get to download the bonus stuff as a reward for being top notch fans and supporting the band fully. Would make buying the cd's more appealng to those who are not sure about buying and encourage more fans to buy albums they already own. Even some cool linear notes, new pics, stickers...anything to beef up the lure of the cd's.

Thanks anyway to King & Andy n co for years of great music, long may it continue. If you play the UK again King, can I get a chance to shake your hand and get a CD signed? I've been a loyal fan for over 22yrs and never had the honor of meeting you in person, it would make your most loyal Scottish fan speechless to meet a legend and an icon. I met Andy & Mike in London at the HOG gig in the Mean Fiddler, paid for hotels & travelled for nearly 7hrs on the train and it was worth every second, I was speechless how good the band sounded that night...blew me away, I want to do that again.

Stay Heavy \m/

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 05:15:01 pm »
Well I just odered them less than 5 minutes ago, can't wait to get them! Can anyone tell me if after you download the bonus footage, are you able to burn it from your computer to dvd format?

BTW, thanks King, you're the man! Don't know of too many bands out there that would take the time you do to explain everything in such detail to the fans. Beyond awesome! :king:

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2009, 05:20:55 pm »
 Thanks for all the Info on everything ! Really looking forward to these dvd's ....

King has the band ever thought of doing any DTS Dvd-audio  5.1 mixes of any of your albums ? i think some of them would sound amazing mixed in surround for sure .

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
  • "I am burning for you..."
    • Michael Griffey on Facebook
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 06:09:29 pm »
Dr Demented:
Yes, you are so very very right in everything you wrote. By the Devil do I know.
There is though one exception in this case: on Andy's versions I can hear things that I knew we recorded back then, but which was totally lost on those old masterings due to a sloppy mastering job. Back in those days we were unfortunately not involved in that process ourselves. Also, these versions are coming across much more powerful as well, and seem to finally get their deserved treatment.

I'll definitely have to give them a listen and I thank you so very much for responding and giving me a little insight.
THE DEVIL IS A TRUCK DRIVER
http://www.michaelgriffey.com

Offline Spooky

• Witches' Eye
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 08:44:52 pm »
The remasters are awesome!!  \m/
Can't wait to hear Voodoo and HoG...

As for the DVDs... I really hope that they will have a "bootleg" camera angle. Like a stationary camera that gives a nice view of the stage.
The options might be limited on these releases since everything is already recorded... But if there will ever be a new concert DVD... I'd love it if they'd put a camera right in the middle of everything so there's a good view of the whole stage.
Like at a concert... uh, King is doing something over there... Hal is running across the stage... Andy is playing a solo... Mike and Matt are being awesome... stuff like that.
On all the concert DVDs I have the editing always gets in the way of all that kind of experience.
So having a camera in the middle of the audience... raised above so we can see everything... the audience singing along in the back speakers... and the band blasting through the front speakers.
It would be like having the best seat in the house... again and again.

btw... I hope this will be one of those "if I post it - it will come" moments
-Life is like a penis... When it's hard, you get screwed... When it's soft, you can't beat it-

-Poli