Author Topic: What does this forum need?  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
Re: What does this forum need?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 12:13:58 pm »
It sure did. But it’s also simply so much easier to follow things on social media nowadays. Especially for us. The forum format, as an outlet for news, is not really “worth” to spend time on anymore. To be honest, we reach only a few people here, even less new people, and I really prefer not to spend an hour or two formatting announcements to fit nicely here. :(

I think the forum is still a cool place for fans to talk about stuff, but as a news outlet, I simply cannot and don’t have time anymore to update it (rather play with Byron :) ).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:14:31 pm by Livia Zita »
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 12:39:04 am »
It sure did. But it’s also simply so much easier to follow things on social media nowadays. Especially for us. The forum format, as an outlet for news, is not really “worth” to spend time on anymore. To be honest, we reach only a few people here, even less new people, and I really prefer not to spend an hour or two formatting announcements to fit nicely here. :(

I think the forum is still a cool place for fans to talk about stuff, but as a news outlet, I simply cannot and don’t have time anymore to update it (rather play with Byron :) ).
It's a shame that it came to that, because I still find it easier to follow stuff in a forum format than Facebook and or twitter type sites. I'm sure it's why this forum is so dead now, which is really a shame. The main reason I find this better also, is the fact that you can remain anonymous here, but on FB, your real name and information is out there for anyone to see. That doesn't keep me from commenting on topics there, but I don't need everyone on my friends list to know what bands I interact with, or what I say, and when I say it. Some groups are private, but most band pages are public (as they should be), and therefor everything you post on them is made public as well. So my interaction with a lot of stuff is a lot less than it would be if posted on a site like this.

But life goes on, so I'll either adjust to it or not. Probably not though, I'm old and hate change lol

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 03:52:21 pm »
It is even worse for me.  I deleted all of my social media accounts.  I can't stand the intrusiveness of those sites and the major time suck that they cause.  I would rather play with Ada (my 3 year old) than see distant acquaintances post fake news and invite me to play Farmville.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2018, 07:30:54 pm »
It is even worse for me.  I deleted all of my social media accounts.  I can't stand the intrusiveness of those sites and the major time suck that they cause.  I would rather play with Ada (my 3 year old) than see distant acquaintances post fake news and invite me to play Farmville.

I think we can all agree on the Farmville invites 🤣

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 02:56:08 am »
It's a shame that it came to that, because I still find it easier to follow stuff in a forum format than Facebook and or twitter type sites. I'm sure it's why this forum is so dead now, which is really a shame. The main reason I find this better also, is the fact that you can remain anonymous here, but on FB, your real name and information is out there for anyone to see. That doesn't keep me from commenting on topics there, but I don't need everyone on my friends list to know what bands I interact with, or what I say, and when I say it. Some groups are private, but most band pages are public (as they should be), and therefor everything you post on them is made public as well. So my interaction with a lot of stuff is a lot less than it would be if posted on a site like this.

But life goes on, so I'll either adjust to it or not. Probably not though, I'm old and hate change lol
Same here!
I never had a Facebook account and I don't like social media in general! I'm still relying to the official web site to get news! Yeah, sometime I realize I'm missing something, because, as Livia said, Facebook is easier to follow and it reaches more people and faster than a fan community!
Though I have not decided yet to make a Facebook account!

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 11:18:51 pm »
Another thing I just thought of is how the forums are kind of hidden now with the new site. I think the forums should have it's own link on the top of the page, not hidden under the "more" option.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 10:23:46 pm »
Another thing I just thought of is how the forums are kind of hidden now with the new site. I think the forums should have it's own link on the top of the page, not hidden under the "more" option.

We’re working on redesigning the site (new management is a huge help)! I’m excited about it!
We do have a dedicated button for the forums, just have to scroll a bit down (see screenshot I just took).

The site is awkward to use right now, I look very much forward to see what 5B will come up with for the new look ^_^

https://imgur.com/a/GLUWJMK
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:26:27 pm by Livia Zita »

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30:14 pm »
We’re working on redesigning the site (new management is a huge help)! I’m excited about it!
We do have a dedicated button for the forums, just have to scroll a bit down (see screenshot I just took).

The site is awkward to use right now, I look very much forward to see what 5B will come up with for the new look ^_^

https://imgur.com/a/GLUWJMK

Ah, never saw that. Which sort of proves my first point, most people only look at the top links and wouldn't scroll down there. That said, I'm also just an old fart that's blind so I never saw those.  :kopfpatsch:

I like the look of the front page, but these forums really do need an upgraded look to match it. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.