Author Topic: if king could re record more songs....  (Read 7823 times)

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
Re: if king could re record more songs....
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 12:35:54 am »
I really liked the remixing of Iced Earth's Night of the Stormrider was kick ass compared to the original.   

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 01:44:25 am »
I know KIng has said in the past that there are albums that contained parts that he wished he could have gone back and either fixed or done over again.  it would be interesting to see touched up versions of whatever songs those are. aside from that, I would prefer to see his efforts put toward more new stuff.
Fuck yeah!  \m/

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 01:56:31 am »
I really liked the remixing of Iced Earth's Night of the Stormrider was kick ass compared to the original.   

True, but I was listening to Days Of Purgatory earlier, and they tend to butcher a lot of songs on that compilation. Matt Barlow wasn't meant to sing on the early stuff. They totally butcher When The Night Falls in all aspects, especially since they excluded the intro.

I mean, it is a great 'best of' of album, but it should have been just that! No rerecordings!

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 04:06:29 pm »
eye of the witch, burn and moonlight. without the synthasizors. thats why i really love the live versions of eye of the witch and burn from deadly lullabyes. i still enjoy the recorded versions to.  :cool:

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 02:03:50 pm »
Agreed, completely.  DOP was better on some songs...but they slaughtered some of the others....Matt has an amazing voice but they shoulda left well enough alone.  though if i remember correctly, the whole point of DOP, was to allow the fans to hear what the music would sound like with matt in the band.  but i am really glad matt is back, i like riipper owens and all, but matt  to me is the true IE voice IMO.

Offline Wilmar

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 02:27:44 am »
If Mercyful Fate should record anything, it should be new material. No re-recordings, since I actually disliked the new versions of 'Evil' and 'Curse'. Some things should not be changed.

Offline Huntsm├Žnus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 07:14:42 am »
If Mercyful Fate should record anything, it should be new material. No re-recordings, since I actually disliked the new versions of 'Evil' and 'Curse'. Some things should not be changed.

When the King Diamond band performed Evil during the 2005 US tour, King hit all the notes and the band sounded killer. More live MF and KD. I know there's some decent stuff out there...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 11:17:14 am »
really new stuff would be better why rerecord stuff you already wrote...

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 08:06:21 pm »
Everyone please remember that the re recorded curse and evil are never to be placed above the originals. the re are just for guitar hero.