Author Topic: Manager's short up-date and E-bay auction info  (Read 21979 times)

Offline manager

• Band
Manager's short up-date and E-bay auction info
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:47:39 am »
Hi again.

I have a short up-date for you, following a conversation with King and Andy.
As already posted on the front page news; King informed me that he’s in the final process of writing the lyrics. Most of it is completely written, only little pieces and small corrections remain, and he expect to start recording vocals during next week. We don’t get the song titles for a while. I assume something could change here as well.

Andy will travel to Dallas in early March and they will commence the mixing on 5th of  March.  If all go well, MetalBlade Records and Massacre Records should have the finished master on April 1st.   No ! this is not a Joke.

Release dates are being determined at the label’s these days, and as soon as we can announce a date we will.

Stay tuned to the front page of the Covenworldwide for up dates.  \m/

On a different note I want to let you know, that I’m now putting some of my stuff up for sale on E-bay, using PayPal exclusively.
I had previously had thoughts about doing some kind of auction here on the coven site, but decided against it for a number of reasons, ( mainly because I would have had to spend more time with it, and I’m not prepared to do so); but also because some of it is not KD/MF related.
So I’ll go for the easy option; E-bay it is !
To find it all quickly; search for BRATS 1980, then open that item and follow the link in right side of screen to “View sellers’s other item”  I’m selling under the name ‘johnnybgod’. 
It’s not all thrown out at once, and not all is music.
Anyway, check-in on it, and don’t expect extreme rarities, then again – you’ll never know what I considered rare   :fingers:

Ole Bang

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:27:26 am by Bub »

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
Re: Manager's short up-date and E-bay auction info
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:43:31 am »
If all go well, MetalBlade Records and Massacre Records should have the finished master on April 1st.   No ! this is not a Joke.

I CANNOT WAIT!!  \m/
Thanks Ole!

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 06:52:21 am »
Great news. \m/

Offline HasbuN666

• Up From The Grave
  • Can i kill you?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 08:48:40 am »
cool! i'm waiting for the new disc!  :king:
Die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die,

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:51:09 am »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:52:43 am by Bub »
nah

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 11:35:59 am »
So looking forward to the new album and if i was not the brokest that i have ever been right now i would get some of that stuff off ebay!

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 11:48:04 am »
Thanks for the update...cant wait!  \m/

every thing that has nipples

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 12:24:43 pm »
Good news, indedd  :fingers:
Like, whatever.

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 03:26:42 pm »
i was drooling over those pic records lol :'( but i cant afford 50 in postage gah

Offline EVIL

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 05:25:36 pm »
i was drooling over those pic records lol :'( but i cant afford 50 in postage gah

Are you serious?  If thats the case then thats just ashame!!  Iam sorry but you wont find a bigger King Diamond fan then me but unless Iam missing something here $50 shipping is nothing more then a rip off and I think its a shame that a respected person of the "inner circle" of the diamond camp is practicing such antics!

If, I am indeed missing something here then let me appologize in advance.  Iam only standing up for this great community!

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 05:30:47 pm »
Are you serious?  If thats the case then thats just ashame!!  Iam sorry but you wont find a bigger King Diamond fan then me but unless Iam missing something here $50 shipping is nothing more then a rip off and I think its a shame that a respected person of the "inner circle" of the diamond camp is practicing such antics!

If, I am indeed missing something here then let me appologize in advance.  Iam only standing up for this great community!
shipping overseas is never cheap, which i think is the case here, plus:
Please email me so I can tell you the exact shipping cost to your country.[/.quote]
is what it says so i think the "shipping" price is misunderstood

Offline EVIL

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 06:18:56 pm »
shipping overseas is never cheap, which i think is the case here, plus:
Please email me so I can tell you the exact shipping cost to your country.[/.quote]
is what it says so i think the "shipping" price is misunderstood

Good points - I by no means meant any disrespect

Offline miranda

• The mother of postwhores!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 07:33:40 pm »
aaahhh! quote boxes!

EDIT: 3333! \m/

and thanks for the update as well!
Praise the Lard

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 12:21:06 am »
AAaaaaahhhH! Sweet Picture discs!
Never owned one myself!
Guess I was waiting for the perfect one that never came along  :'(
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 01:15:44 pm »
thanks \m/

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 01:55:29 pm »
Great stuff! That bandana looks awesome!

Who is singing on The Brats Cd?
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 04:10:55 am »
Some misunderstanding seem to appear here.
I'm not an experienced E-bay seller so maybe I made a mistake in listing the items ? For reference....all items are in Denmark....and I do ship worldwide. The E-bay system is set up in such a silly way that it is impossible to list that correctly.
Anyway; shipping cost ( as regular package - not insured ) is approximately 12-USD for an LP to Overseas countries and 8,50 USD for shipping within Europe, slightly cheaper domestic in Denmark.
For a Cd the shipping costs is 6,40 USD for Overseas, and 4,20 USD for Europe.
I have not had the T-Shirts on the paper weight yet.
If in doube, don't hesitate to ask question through E-bay, I receive such e-mails rather quickly.
Ole Bang

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 04:14:48 am »
Great stuff! That bandana looks awesome!

Who is singing on The Brats Cd?
Vocalist is the bass player of the band, Yenz.
Ole Bang

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 02:57:38 pm »
Hi Ole, don't take this the wrong way, I just want an honest answer. I was checking your feedback to see if you were a trusted seller  :D:
and I find out that you're buying Mercyful Fate bootlegs on ebay 
:o
I mean, don't managers disapprove the selling of bootlegs in general? and on ebay, of all places?
Is it for your personal collection, or to find out how a particular recording sounds?
Please, fill us in.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline grr

• Lady In Black
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 03:05:36 pm »
All the greatest thanks to Ole for the update. We'll have to keep on waiting two months... :) But hope that we're in some weeks could see the artwork, tracklist with time, final release-date and so on. :) I'm really excited and looking forward to this one. How long have the recording gone? Should be completed soon?
King Diamond and Mercyful Fate Fanclub Sweden

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 02:32:58 am »
Hi Ole, don't take this the wrong way, I just want an honest answer. I was checking your feedback to see if you were a trusted seller  :D:
and I find out that you're buying Mercyful Fate bootlegs on ebay 
:o
I mean, don't managers disapprove the selling of bootlegs in general? and on ebay, of all places?
Is it for your personal collection, or to find out how a particular recording sounds?
Please, fill us in.
Aha - interesting question. I'm collecting what I find interesting, or items I haven't seen before. Both to see if they are pro-bootleg's or just some crap. Nothing I can do about either. I've been a collector of live recordings of many bands since my early days. Standpoint being that I enjoy some band's live performances, not only the usual studio releases. A point of view I guess most fan's have.

To the (general ) question of managers buying bootlegs, well - it would have been nice if someone sent samples to me & the band for free but that's unlikely to happen  >:D well, seriously; it might be seen as condoning this activity - to which I do not really agree.
What hurt an artist is the sale of albums that pretend to be official.
If a fan believe it's an official recording of somewhat low quality, the fan might believe the band is a bunch of greedy bastards, selling everything for the sake of money, regardless of quality; or that they are incompetent.  Obviously this woule be a bad situation; however I trust that fans of any group are intelligent enough to know when a product is official or not. That is what I would call an 'acceptable bootleg' to invent a new term.
However; if some label in the far east [or anywhere else for that matter ] produced a load of albums ( LP's or Cd's ) without a license - but 100 or 90% similar to the official release,  and then sold those on the open market, for a low price; that would be a real problem, ie 'totally unacceptable bootleg'. Same with copying, and 'sharing' and illegal download of official products, where both Artist and Record label are cheated of any proceeds.
Obviously, with the regular 'acceptable bootlegs', an artist will never get any royalty which is bad; but with this being an excisting game of cat and mouse, I don't see it stopping, or being possible to stop.

In my grand collecting days, I always thought a real bootleg should be a live recording on a vinyl LP. That was what people wanted and did not get. In the 'old days' I also saw it as a kind of issue for a band to be proud of ( being bootlegged on vinyl from a live show ) since it would mean that someone cared enough about the band to do so, including the manufacture and selling of an item at a rather high value.  Now in 'modern days' with the many digital devices, burning onto CD-R etc. etc. it all seem to be easier and less interesting, on the level of this being rare and special.
So in short; No - I don't condone ripping off an artist, but Yes, I do collect interesting bootlegs. ( Actualy I have sold a load of them again ).
Ole Bang

Offline grr

• Lady In Black
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 05:27:12 am »
The only thing I know is that King himself are very much against internet in general and downloading songs illegal in particular espacially.  ::)
King Diamond and Mercyful Fate Fanclub Sweden

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 05:43:38 am »
The only thing I know is that King himself are very much against internet in general and downloading songs illegal in particular espacially.  ::)
Well, King is not against the internet, ( that would hardly make sense ) but he is of course against illegal activities, in particular the ones hurting recording artists. :king:

Offline voodoo98

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 06:32:07 am »
wow!.........the LEGEDENDARY Ole Bang on this forum!! \m/

hey Ole, do you manage Candlemass too? I believe I saw you in one of their DVDs :cool:

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 08:05:07 am »
Well, thank you very much Ole for taking the time to answer.
It's nice to have the point of view of not only the manager, but also the fan. Which must be hard to separate the two at times!
I agree, it's somewhat of an honor for a band to know that some fans are willing to put the effort of releasing a live recording.