Author Topic: King Diamond Tribute Show...  (Read 3052 times)

Offline yeoldemetalshoppe

• Ghost of Change
King Diamond Tribute Show...
« on: November 21, 2009, 02:29:58 pm »
Hello...My name is Bob and I run Ye Olde Metal Shoppe. YOMS is a weekly pure metal podcast. Mostly old school, but I play some newer bands as well.  It is broadcast on 6 internet radio stations an AM station in Canada and always available as a podcast download. 
     I am putting together a very special episode honoring my fave band(s) of all time Mercyful Fate/King Diamond.  The show is going to be called

Six (Six Six) Degrees of King Diamond. 

Its going to feature some of the Kings greatest and rare tunes.  As well as music from some of the musicians from Kings Bands!  So far I already have input from Pete Blakk and waiting on more!

The show will air in 2 weeks and i will keep updating here.  Getting input from the King himself would be a true honor, but from what i read hes very busy lately! 

I will keep updating this post as i get more info. 
in the mean time you can check out my past shows at WWW.YeOldeMetalShoppe.com or www.YOMS.Podomatic.com

Im open to ideas...so feel free to share!

Thanks!

Bob

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
Re: King Diamond Tribute Show...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 04:12:29 pm »
That sounds great. I can't wait to hear it.

You should definately play some of his more obscure songs, like Shrine, In The Fire, maybe something from Black Rose or the Brats.

If you are so lucky as to get King to participate, get him to tell some spooky stories instead of the usual interview questions we've all heard him answer a million times.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:16:32 pm by Lucifers Mirror »
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:44:47 pm »
Yes awesome idea...just so happens i have that all queued up for the show...(Brats and Black Rose).  Im sure most of the people are savvy enough on this board and know all about the Kings past bands.  Not sure in im going to include in the fire or Sweet dreams either.  Im hoping to turn some of the newer fans onto the Kings history. As well as some past and present band members musical projects. 

I have posted a poll on this forum to get an idea what song to open the show with.  This forum will get a massive shout out on my show.

Thanks
Bob

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 02:05:31 am »
Cool dude, I just subscribed to your podcast. I'll be giving it a listen tomorrow for sure, thanks for the headsup on the MF/KD show you have coming up :king:

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:07 am »
Thanks brother...The show is very D.I.Y. I hope you like it.   The past few shows have been with the new format, all 80's thrash/death/doom/speed/black metal. Once again, i hope you dig it! 
  My next show is a crossover episode where i will be working with Metal Breakfast Radio (hosted by Dave ingram ex Bolt Thrower and Benediction) The Autopsy Report (hosted by Grammie Dee ex Blood Money yes that Blood Money!) and Deep Six (hosted by Matt Ingram)
The show following that will be my King Diamond Tribute...Im getting all amped up for that one!

Thanks man!

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 11:56:20 am »
Greetings...My King Diamond Tribute show "Six (Six Six) Degrees of King Diamond "is now posted

Go to www.Yoms.Podomatic.com to check out the show.

Its very DIY and only two hours long. NOT LONG ENOUGH TO DO A KING TRIBUTE!

Hope you enjoy it!

The hardcore King Fans will be very familiar with all the material

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
  • Even In The Night I See The Light
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 04:47:13 pm »
cool I;m already downloading it  :king:

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 05:31:10 pm »
and now I am listening to it!

Offline fa272

• Victim Of The Coven
  • Kutulu's Evil Head
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 10:11:19 pm »
I listened to most of the show earlier. Excellent job my friend!! :cool:

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 10:25:21 pm »
Thanks...It was kind of rushed...i know it could have been a lot better.  Turkey day and family obligations forced me to rush it a bit.  Im definately going to do it again in a few months...feel free to give me any feedback here.  Thanks again!

Offline a shape of black

• Victimized
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 07:05:53 pm »
I liked it a lot, I liked when you said that thing about Mike's favorite songs, anyway I was expecting you to continue with each album, but in a moment when you started with eidolon, disaster peace and motorhead I think there was when you lost a little bit the point, but however it's great that you took the time for making it, and I guess I'll wait for the next one! Hail!  :king:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:59:03 pm by a shape of black »

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 08:28:04 pm »
Hey Thanks man! Yeah i agree about losing the show a bit.  Too many bands other than kd/mf grouped together.  Next time ill get it right.  :king:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 11:25:08 am »
Just listened to it last night and thought it was very good. Some good songs I never heard before, and thought overall it was very cool. Be looking forward to more of your podcasts, and the ones in the past I haven't gotten around to yet. One of these days, I'll write you a review on itunes, get the word out there. I've only written 2 on itunes, but I'll get to it soon as I rmember too lol  :king:

• Ghost of Change
Re: King Diamond Tribute Show...PLAYLIST
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 11:28:41 am »
Thank you for some of the best feedback so far! King Diamond has some of the worlds greatest metal fans and it definitely showed in the emails Ive received!
Thanks

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED ON THE
KING DIAMOND/MERCYFUL FATE
MESSAGE BOARD
WWW.COVENWORLDWIDE.ORG

Playlist for King Diamond Special
-------
WELCOME HOME-DEADLY LULLABYES (LIVE VERSION)
DEATH KISS-BRATS
KILLED FOR LOVE-DANGER ZONE
DR. CRANIUM-BLACK ROSE
DOOMED BY THE LIVING DEAD-MERCYFUL FATE E.P.
NUNS HAVE NO FUN-MERCYFUL FATE E.P.
BLACK FUNERAL-MELISSA
BLACK MASSES-BLACK FUNERAL SINGLE
MELISSA-DAN SWANO FATE TRIBUTE
COME TO THE SABBATH-DONT BREAK THE OATH
GYPSY-EMPEROR
CHARON-FATAL PORTRAIT
DRESSED IN WHITE-FATAL PORTRAIT
A MANSION IN DARKNESS-DEADLY LULLABYES (LIVE)
THE FAMILY GHOST-DEADLY LULLABYES(LIVE)
WASTELAND-ZOSER MEZ
WHO TO TRUST-ILLWILL
HALLOWED DEATH-DISASTER PEACE
RUNAROUND MAN-MICKEY DEE
NO MORE ME-PUPPET MASTER
CROSSROADS-DEAD AGAIN
I AM LEGION-BIBLEBLACK
EGYPT-IN THE SHADOWS
BLACK OF NIGHT-GIVE ME YOUR SOUL...PLEASE
HALLOWEEN-DEADLY LULLABYES (LIVE)
-- ---------

YOU CAN GO TO MY PODCAST PAGE TO DOWNLOAD THIS AND MY PREVIOUS SHOWS!
WWW.YOMS.PODOMATIC.COM
OR
MY WEBSITE AT WWW.YEOLDEMETALSHOPPE.COM

LOOK FOR ANOTHER KING DIAMOND SPECIAL COMING MID JANUARY!

STAY HEAVY!!!

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 02:02:34 pm »
I thought that podcast was very cool! I'm glad you played some real rarities and didn't just stick to the "hits." I also thought it was  pretty neat that you played songs by bands that were somehow tied to King, of which there are many. Can't wait for the next one! Also, thanks for the grassroots approach of going to the fans here at the Coven for suggestions!
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 02:55:11 pm »
Im really glad you liked it. I know it wasnt perfect, but thanks to some emails and input ive received from the board here, Im hoping the next one will be better.   Theres so much great material to chose from, rarities or hits, they all rock!

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 06:10:50 pm »
Im really glad you liked it. I know it wasnt perfect, but thanks to some emails and input ive received from the board here, Im hoping the next one will be better.   Theres so much great material to chose from, rarities or hits, they all rock!
My take on it is, play more of just KD/MF songs, and not so much of the other bands he has either ex-band members in or influenced. The reason I say that is, he should get more of the spotlight to promote more of his music, and too much time was spent on other bands. I would say about a 60/40 split; 60 percent spent on his more readily available studio albums/songs, and 40 percent on the more rare songs. That way you give the listeners songs that won't sound so bad with the older production, so they might actually go out and buy his stuff. Granted most fans of metal will know what he sounds like, but kids that are just getting into metal might not know, then they hear this song recorded from some garage 30 years ago, they'll never buy an album off that. But people like me that love MF/KD since childhood, love to hear the rare ones, so ya gotta throw those in too.

But the show was very good, and I liked the format with you explaining the songs before or after you play them. Most metal podcasts just throw an hour or two worth of music in there and unless you know the band, you'll never figure out who the hell it is your listening to.

Good job on the sweatin to the 80's podcast too btw \m/ Been listening to it in my truck, good shit there!