Author Topic: LATEST NEWS Feb. 25th, 2009: Mercyful Fate on Guitar Hero: Metallica  (Read 42882 times)

Offline General Hammerthrone

• Lady In Black
  • Traditional Metal Reign Supreme!
Re: LATEST NEWS Feb. 25th, 2009: Mercyful Fate on Guitar Hero: Metallica
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2009, 09:23:04 pm »
Hey F.O.A.D. good points man. You know,we don't know what Metallica will do next,nobody does.For all we know they may have something retro old school in store for ALL fans of the band,whos to tell. Death Magnetic is a slight move in the right direction in my opinion,so maybe the next album will be more heavy and metalish. The thing that kills us all is that we all know they still have it inside of them,the talent is there and they are not 60 years old yet,so really there may be a chance they could suprise us all. But I still think its cool that King is on thier guitar hero game,I bet thousands of kids that bought the game were wondering "who is the satanic guy in the makeup"?? lol!  I love King Diamond,I know I don't care for all his albums but I still respect him.I've seen him 5 times live between King Diamond and Mercyful Fate,and I met Hank in 95' at Mercyful Fate,and met Andy in 2005 on the Deadly Lulibies tour,so long live the King!!!

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2009, 01:12:51 am »
^ IMO making DM really was a step forward but ...

They should get another producer :gah: 'Cause that album is not listenable!!! I want an album to crank up the volume myself,not turn it low because my ears hurt and I can't understand what they're playing.

P.S.:After remastering,that album really is kickass \m/

P.S.2: It was their choice to change.And people should respect this,because Metallica are not making music to please people(isn't that sellout?!),but because they like making music(and if people still like it then they've achieved 2 goals!) .That's what every band should do,or else they'll end up repeating themselves.OK,they'll lose some fans(or maybe not) but new ones will come down the path...

My 2 pesos :gah:
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

• Lady In Black
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2009, 02:37:38 am »
Ok,I can "respect" Metallica's decision to "change" but I hate thier music after "And Justice For All". With Cliff,it was just another band alltogether man. Its something I can just not get over,unless they put out an album that could rival Ride The Lightning or Master Of Puppets.The last album that sounded like "Metallica" to me was 1988 "And Justice For All" 1988....21 years ago,damn.

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2009, 10:09:11 am »
unfortnately knowing metallica, they will prolly milk DM for another two years.  >:D  i didnt know King exsisted until i heard the mercyful fate medly on garage inc. (  easily the best if not the only good song on that album) .   Everyone has bands that we done really like a few of thier albums or a musical direction they went into....Imagine the original Pantera came out...the fans they had...then every album after Cowboys, they got heavier and more radical....i personally loved it ....Trendkill and Vulgar were my favorites...but you can definatly  hear a musical change thier as well....imagine what those fans felt that were there from the beginning.anyways.....Hail King.   He's our man...if he cant do it no one can......or something like that lol.  YAY KING!!!!!!

• Lady In Black
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2009, 09:56:17 pm »
I wonder what the next King Diamond album will sound like? I can't wait to hear something new from him.I've been a fan since 1984 when I first heard Don't Break The Oath which is still today one of the most haunting albums I've ever heard. My favorite album from King Dimaond is The Puppet Master.Its a perfect album every song is a quality track and its an ultimate "MASTERPIECE'. One thing that pisses me off is when I hear metal fans say they can't stand King Diamond and they say they hate his voice and how he doesn't sing very well...ect.. and blah blah blah the fact is,that King Diamond is just as good as Rob Halford and Bruece Dickinson when they were young,so I really think that the King is extremely underrated.Take the Dead Again album from Mercyful Fate,its not one of my favorites but I saw that tour in 1998 and the atmosphere that was there was incredible,and magical and the songs played live were a totally different experience,no other band has this capability of this,only King Diamond,and that says alot.

Offline F.O.A.D.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2009, 11:19:13 am »
I wont deny it....I use to HATE king diamonds voice with the up most passion.  couldnt fucken stand it.   but it grew on me.  now its one of my favorite bands. just like everyone else...my taistes changed i guess...or matured...w/e. lol.  House of God and PM are my fav albums of his.   Voodoo would have to be next.  Them has some pretty good songs on it..but im having trouble liking it like most on here do.  and for some fucked up reason abigail is one of my least fav.  ( blasphemy..i know)  maybe i just need to give abby a couple more listens to....Bruce Dickenson will alway be one of my favorite vocalists...i still hate Rob Halford...the only JP albums I really liked were when Ripper Owens sang for them.  But i like him much better singen for JP then Iced Earth...Matt Barlow is my favorite singer IE ever had. 

• Lady In Black
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2009, 03:07:21 pm »
Well,Rob Halford is my FAVORITE singer of all time,and the best singer of all time in my opinion,and I do realize his voice these days is shit,but every now and then he sings a perfect show.Judas Priest are my all time favorite band and have been since 1981 when I first saw the Heading Out To The Highway video! I didn't really like Ripper Owens that much,Jugulator was an "ok" record I like that album except for the "Death Row" track,but Demolition is TERRIBLE but its not Ripper's fault as he didn't write anything on the album Glenn and Ken did,but that material is terrible,the only 3 songs I like on it out of 13 tracks are the first 3 songs on the album,the rest are shit.

But everybody has thier own opinions,and to me "Angel Of Retribution" is Priest's 5th best album of all time,the only crappy song on the album to me is the last song on the album"Lochness",but the others are classic Priest,even the balladish "Angel" and "Elegy" reeks of classic Judas Priest ala "Dreamer Deceiver/Epitaph" off Sad Wings Of Destiny,Woth Fighting For reeks of a track lile "Desert Plains" off of Point Of Entry,Wheels Of Fire,Deal With The Devil are excellent while "Judas Rising,Demonizer and Hellrider" are 3 of Judas Priest's best tracks of all time out of the band's 15 studio album career.The only albums that are better than Angel Of Retribution to me are Sad Wings Of Destiny,British Steel,Screaming For Vengeance and Painkiller.

I never cared for any other Iced Earth albums except for thier first 2..."Iced Earth"(1991) and "Night Of The Stormrider"(1992) those 2 Iced Earth records are fucking AWSOME!!!I got those albums in the early 90's but I just never could grasp Matt Barlow,I think its because he reminds me too much of Geoff Tate of Queensryche and I can't stand Queensryche(except for thier very first EP 1983)but Barlow is an outstanding singer in my opinion if that makes any sense? lol! He is a great singer,its just not my thing thats all.

And Voodoo album is excellent man,thats one of my 3 favorites from the King! I like Fatal Portrait,Voodoo and The Puppet Master the best.I never liked "Abigail" either F.O.A.D. I'm with ya on that,I know people in here would flip on that statement,but I bought Fatal Portrait when it came out in 1986 and loved it,but in 87' a friend came over with the "Abigial" album and I tried to listen to it for weeks and I could never get into it either,I even tried years later and NOTHING. Its an overrated album in my opinion what others consider it to be his best work ever.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:09:44 pm by General Hammerthrone »