Author Topic: Someone kill this fucker...  (Read 6438 times)

Offline Mika

• Possessed
  • Crush the cross!
Someone kill this fucker...
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:26 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/MERCYFUL-FATE-NUNS-DO-HAVE-FUN-3LP-BOX-SET-LIVE_W0QQitemZ130358346665QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item1e59f683a9#ht_1321wt_1167
And everyone else who make bootlegs just to get their money.

For example: If one makes a bootleg out of a Sepultura show from 85, because he likes the gig so much that he thinks it deserves a vinyl treatment, then he prints 1000 pieces of it.. I think that can be cool and morally ok (when looking trought the eyes of headbanger/consumer).

But to make bootleg of 65 prints... Well, that's just low. And yes, you can also blame the bidders, but I think the real asshole is this bootlegger.

At least it the cover is cool and well done.

>:D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:20:36 pm by Mika »
On this night, in this hour
We call upon the ancient power
Now swallow his demons semen stream
From

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
Re: Someone kill this fucker...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:36:48 pm »
I like the setlist of those bootlegs, I wish King would have an official double disc Live Mercyful Fate album released like how he released "Deadly Lullabyes" and that's an excellent live album. That would be fucking great! :king: \m/

The cover confused me. I do agree, the cover was well done and the inside looks cool. I didn't like how it was titled "Nuns Do Have Fun." To me it makes it look like a joke with that title and it reminds me of that stupid calendar I see in all of the bookstores called "Nuns Having Fun." It basically depicts nuns doing stuff like riding bikes, and all that shit.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:41:33 pm by HeadOnTheWall777 »

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:45:32 pm »
The artwork is too funny!  :D

The shows themselves are not limited to this release, so it doesn't matter if there are just 65 copies of it!
I got the Luttenberg show from dime 5 years ago. I'm sure there's plenty of silver cds of it!

As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:43:30 am »
I love the artwork :cool:

Offline hatecrewadb

• One Of "Them"
  • Go DOLPHINS!!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 02:11:18 pm »
That would be cool to own!

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:33:00 am »
Looks like a great bootleg indeed, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it, but the price is abit steep. Especially
with shipping on top of that.

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:19:44 am »
I don't know, what's wrong with that? I don't mind bootlegs, as long as they're of good quality anyways. I guess this person could only afford to make a few at the moment. Maybe the price will be high now, but maybe it'll drop off as more are made. Only thing to worry about is if the sound's off...and if the idiot/ person is a greedy SOB. Well, If the asshole gives you a piece of shit recording for an extremely high price, then I guess the only thing to do would be complain (or kill the bastard, whatever makes you feel better).

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:39:13 pm »
Shouldn't be selling bootlegs, ever. Trade only.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 03:31:17 pm »
Word

Offline TheSentinel

• Mandrake
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 08:22:00 am »
Alright then. So, we've decided it's wrong-and the legal system says the same, but how can you stop them? There's always someone looking for a way to make a buck, or euro depending on where you are. Bootleggers aren't the worst screwing that can happen though. I don't like them but, I think someone hacking a computer and getting info is possibly the shittiest thing that can happen. My thoughts on bootlegs: Stop it! I'd rather spend a hundred for a King Koncert than $30 for a bootleg! But there's nothing we can do to stop it, unless there's a large crackdown on taping, or trading. They've passed many rules for shows, but shit still gets out there. Anyways, we're talking about action, but who's mad enough to kill the fucker? 

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 11:38:48 am »

AMEN! And 65 copies??? Yeah, right! I'd love to see a vinyl printing facility, that makes so small print. In europe, every vinyl printing place limit their prints to hundreds, not dozens. I'm in a band, and we'd like to release a vinyl EP, but 500 copies is minimum. Always! So the 65 copies is just a selling note.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 01:12:38 pm »
AMEN! And 65 copies??? Yeah, right! I'd love to see a vinyl printing facility, that makes so small print. In europe, every vinyl printing place limit their prints to hundreds, not dozens. I'm in a band, and we'd like to release a vinyl EP, but 500 copies is minimum. Always! So the 65 copies is just a selling note.

Nope, it´s an insider-job.

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »
I agree, it isn't right. But there are also a lot of bands out there that don't mind bootlegged at all if it is just for trade (Although that's usually not the case.) Take the Grateful Dead for example, they played 300 days out of the year and allowed their concert goers to bootleg. A friend of mines father has well over a thousand of them. There are quite a few stores I know that used to sell a handful of bootlegged albums. Everything from heavy metal to jazz. They too wanted a ridiculous prize, not like the one above, but like between $40 and $150 and some of them had five or six songs on them. I never bought any because I don't have much money. But I personally wouldn't buy a bootleg unless it was for official release, especially for a band I really love like King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. :king:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:44:29 pm by HeadOnTheWall777 »

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 08:18:52 am »
I personally wouldn't buy a bootleg unless it was for official release

:gah:
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 08:40:55 am »
^ When I mean official, I mean one it being legal like you would find in a Best Buy or one of those chain CD Stores. A legal version that has been okayed by the band and released by the record company. :) I'm not too sure I've ever owned anything that's illegal?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:44:46 am by HeadOnTheWall777 »

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 09:22:19 am »
I understood what you meant! it just came off weird!

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 09:32:42 am »
I understood what you meant! it just came off weird!

Sorry, a lot of the stuff I say tends to come off a bit weird. :-[

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 09:37:26 am »
 :cool:

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 10:32:48 pm »
Sorry, a lot of the stuff I say tends to come off a bit weird. :-[
fear not....weird is good.  :cool:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 12:08:41 am »
fear not....weird is good.

:king:

Offline Wilmar

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 02:17:40 am »
If you don't want bootleggers to profit from material your favorite artist has written, don't buy the stuff. The fucker can survive because there are fuckers out there buying his albums. As long as you fans don't stop buying bootlegs, bootleggers will always profit from any artist. Steve Harris of Iron Maiden quit the battle against bootleggers and started to collect all Maiden bootlegs around. That's also a way of looking at it.

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 11:05:51 am »
You right, but the band must invest in this material to sale for theirselfs like other bands lke Dram Theater, I think they have a lot of official material and bootlegs that put into the market, and it will be a great deal because more people know they, I Think King Diamond and Mercyful Fate must be put this products for theyselfs, When I hear the bellwitch (4 songs in live) I want for more songs  in live and there are no more in official site, that was a fustratiion and the people to sale this bootlegs find theri treasure, but again it is a tecnigal of manegment of each band
BAMT

Offline Wilmar

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 02:50:57 am »
The problem is that we all would like to hear some live material. Recently I found a bootleg on internet entitled 'The Oath' from the period around the 'Time'-album. The material was soundboard recorded and exceptionally good. Curiosity won over, and I never paid a dime for it. Got it peer to peer. But it's a great thing to hear songs like 'Nightmare be thy name' and 'My Demon' live for a change.