Author Topic: New King Interview  (Read 10970 times)

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
Re: New King Interview
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:02:22 am »
Interesting point Hellborn, that the money just goes to the seller.
Ya, that would be a killer.
But Im assuming that the original seller has bought the album at some point, but is "trading" it for money over ebay.
But, overall this would lower the number of people buying the albums since all these trades are going on.

But I guess Im proud to say that I have only bought 4 CDs on ebay!
These were the 4 tribute albums to KD/MF. I originally went to a local music store and asked if they could order them for me, but they said they were discontinued so I turned to ebay.

EDIT: I wonder how much % of $ a band actually gets when a CD is bought from a music store?
Or does it not work like that, but instead the music store buys the CDs before hand?
If so how much do they but them for?
I dont know how it works, anyone know?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:11:20 am by Bones_xa »

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 11:11:27 am »
It's interesting that people don't seem to have a problem with buying things from ebay. If someone buys a load of King Diamond CD's from ebay, then the money you pay is only going to go to the guy selling them, not to the artist! So that isn't 'supporting the artist' any more than downloading would.
Artists has allready got their money out of those anyway.

I just think the whole 'downloading is killing the artists!' thing is perhaps a bit exaggerated.
How's that?

Offline One of Them

• Lurker From The Dark
    • Random pictures
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 12:35:36 pm »
Why buy the album if you can download the songs? Because I like having the CD and the booklet, ect.
That`s the point.
I´m trying also to increase my cd & dvd-collections and what is mp3? It just some bitrate on your harddisk what will be ruined some day.

And peoples say also that they don`t want to put 15-20 euros to new cd because maybe they don`t like that album. Bullshit!
If you buy new cd with 16euros you can sell it away with 13-14euros (in ebay or in some else website). There`s always peoples who want to save that couple of euros if it`s possible.
Then you have loose couple of euros and in the future you will know that you don`t buy anymore albums from that artist. And then you save lot more  :D

EDIT: Thanks about great interview :king:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:39:21 pm by One of Them »
I can hear... Devil Lake is quiet now.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 02:47:37 pm »
When you buy from ebay (used) you are not helping the artists but you are not hurting them. When you buy from Ebay you are buying a product that was officially released and it made the artist money, only one person can own that album...when you download you are duplicating the product and giving it to everyone for free....it is completely different....actually it is not the same thing at all.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 02:58:37 pm »
wow so eventually KD still feels there actually WILL be another MF album?
 :D:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:32 am »
Stay on topic please. If you want to discuss the ramifications of downloading/ebaying then open a new topic. :cool:

Offline Lance

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 07:23:13 pm »
Awesome interview :king: