Author Topic: Skype with King  (Read 186708 times)

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
Re: Skype with King
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »
Maybe you're right. Frustration breeds aggression. (But boredom breeds frustration, so one has to go - and I am afraid a lot of would-be fans do.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Kings Fate

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »
Yes, please only good questions, king does need agersive questions, please make it with respect and don´t forget Mercyful Fate and the DVDs

I guess you made it quite clear now you want the dvd's. Please (like you suggest yourself) come up with some good posts instead of asking about dvd's all the time....

In the light of this topic I guess I'm a little against the grain.
Don't get me wrong It's great to see some signs of life from the KD camp but...
I looked up what Skype is and I've been asking myself, why in the hell take the difficult route while there is a simple one; using this forum?
What if skype conversations with KD get misinterpret and they end up on the forum?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not looking for personal contact with musicians.
I would rather see a section on the forum where longtime KD members can do some posting.
Tell us some crazy tourstories, show us some unique pics never seen before, tell us if you have a new story in your mind, tell us about back injuries, tell us about the switch from BC Rich to Caparison (I would love to see those cool BC Bitches back on stage), tell us about burning act on stage, man you guys should have lots to tell us about.
On the forum we can all read it whenever we want instead of waiting for some forthcoming Skype news.

Just my 2cts though and once again it's good to see a sign of life.
Hail from the Netherlands
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:53:00 PM by Kings Fate »

Offline King Diamond

• Band
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »
Hail to all of you

This is to you, Grace.
Appreciate all your concerns, but most of what you write simply doesn't apply to us for reasons you could not know.
I would love to be able to talk to you via Skype.
It's a very simple 5 minute process to set up Skype since you have a computer, all you would need, if you don't have it, is a headset.
You have some great ideas, some of which would not be possible because of our situation, and then some which we have actually been working on for a while now. We have made a lot of managing decisions lately which will give us a very good starting point for what I see as being King Diamond Chapter 2.

Again, I would really love to talk to you, in order to explain in more detail what we're doing and what we're not doing and why. I'm sure that in the end, everything that goes on would make a lot more sense.

If you decide to do the Skype thing, please let me know in this thread what your Skype name is.

Hail and Stay Heavy,

King.

poltergeiss

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »

Again, I would really love to talk to you, in order to explain in more detail what we're doing and what we're not doing and why. I'm sure that in the end, everything that goes on would make a lot more sense.

I'm surprised you don't do it in the forums itself or another FAQ instead of Skype.  Then, at least, it's in your own words and everyone can see it.  And no one can misquote you.

Not that I, or anyone else, would want to miss an opportunity to talk to you, but...that could probably answer a lot of questions right there and hopefully put certain matters to rest.

Offline King Diamond

• Band
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »
It would be way too long and complicated to put in writing in an understandable way, plus the option to get a whole different live feedback would be missed.
This Skype thing is not just an option for you guys to have a talk with me, but just as much me having a chance to talk to you and know more about for instance what kind of merchandise would you like to see on the next tour? Etc etc.

I think it would be very beneficial to all of us.

This is for those who are posting and read the forums, it's not meant to be some kind of promotional stunt. If it spreads too much, there won't be enough time to get to talk to everyone. It's an opportunity for me to get valuable information from you and hopefully vice versa.

Stay Heavy,

King.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
I think it's an excellent idea, pretty unique and awesome for true King Diamond fans.

Skype name is TuwinEntertainment

Board Name: Tuwin

Offline voodoo98

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
Man, I love you, King. I just love you, man. That's all.  :fingers:

Offline kingdiamondrules6284

• Mandrake
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2010, 06:23:10 PM »

Real Name- Brandon

Offline Raven

• Black Devil
    • Beyond Eternal
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2010, 06:26:24 PM »
Awesome idea. Hell, it'd be nice just to shoot the breeze and have an intimate conversation with one of my all time favorite vocalists/song writers.
 :king:
"Now I hear deceiving lying tongues...never have I done no harm to anyone..."

Offline Twilight Symphony

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2010, 06:41:14 PM »
This Skype thing is not just an option for you guys to have a talk with me, but just as much me having a chance to talk to you and know more about for instance what kind of merchandise would you like to see on the next tour? Etc etc.

King, this is great that you want to, and are going to, take valuable time in talking with the fans. Gathering feedback from us all & also explaining to us exactly how things are is very welcome indeed.

KD has been my favourite band ever since i first listened to the Abigail album, & they will always continue to be. I never get tired of listening to the amazing music! I've never got the chance to see them live, but next time they tour i'll be hitting Europe for a week to take in as many gigs as i can. That said, i can agree with many points that the likes of Grace & the original poster who raised concerns said. I think constructive criticism is needed, not just in music but in all walks of life. I could never subscribe to the way some people will like everything that's released, just because it's their favourite band. I can admit to never fully getting into House of God, The Graveyard & Voodoo for instance, tho i do think everything that's been released prior to & since then is killer!

Many of us big fans know just how much KD's music is some of the best metal that's ever been released. The issue is that we probably feel that's it's never been promoted/advertised etc to its full potential, and feel that the band should be bigger than it is, huge even to be honest. You see so many average/decent bands being massive wordwide & we all know that KD are head & shoulders above so so many, and not many bands are as consistently brilliant music-wise as KD are. Heck, look at the talent the band has had & have now - King, Andy, Mikkey, Snowy, Pete, Hal, Denner, Matt, Wead etc, the list goes on. These guys & more are some of the most talented musicians there has been, not only in their playing but also with some of them in their writing. These guys, the whole band, the awesome music they make, they deserve & really should be a part of a much bigger music label - be promoted to the max, have wordwide tours set-up for them with no lack of money or support! I'm sure once King has spoken with everyone he needs to, that all our concerns will be answered. I think we all just want KD to be as big & successful as we know they should be!

I've probably repeated/echoed points that have already been said, but as a massive fan i needed to write my feelings. No criticism is bad, as long as it's constructive & has an output to what you're trying to say. With King arranging this Skype communication, i'm sure he's prepared for all of this & will take on board, not only all our concerns, but also all of our positive comments - let's not forget the positives in this also, as we all have many i'm sure!

Thanks for reading.....  :king:

Offline voodoo98

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »
I wonder if King has plans for a new story yet...   I'd rather ask this question on here, because honestly, if King called me up I'd start crying like a little bitch, haha.

Offline valkator

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 07:10:25 PM »
This is a fantastic way to not only ask questions and get the answers directly from the source, but it's really a way for all of us to get on more personal terms as friends and artists. We all  have concerns about the band, what's happening with the dvd, new album, direction being taken, and so on. But more importantly, I think we're all just concerned about what's going on with you, King - and how we might be able to help with anything you need. Feedback is important.  Obviously, there's a line that doesn't get crossed with personal things - but the simple fact is that Mercyful Fate/King Diamond has always been - and will always be - clannish and 'small' in a real sense - a highly personal exchange between the band(s) and the 'fans' who, for their own personal reasons, resonate with the material. Let's face it, MF/KD has never been about 'fame and fortune' and worshipping of the popular 'rock star'. Popularity in terms of sales is one thing - but because of the nature of the material, itself - and what's being summoned through it - it's simply not a matter of how popular or famous the KD/MF 'brand' can be made as if King, the band, and all of us are simply commodities and objects. I would hope none of us actually view each other in this way. That's what will kill this type of communication outright. A closer look at the music industry will reveal that this type of commodification is what kills bands, musicianship, and everything else which makes real creation possible.

Business issues and maximizing earnings are important, certainly - everyone has to eat and pay bills! - but what matters in the end is what's being created and what's being carried forward through it - by King, the band, and the listeners all together. That's why we're all here, isn't it? If a few more shirts, cds, and dvds can be sold in the future through new marketing strategies, website design, and so on - great. But to do that really doesn't require communicating more closely with the established listeners of KD/MF to find out what they might or might not buy. Again, 'fans' aren't going to number in the hundreds of millions no matter what gets implemented. I don't think that's why you began creating in the first place, King. It's the artistic creation and exchange that drives things here - so that's what I see this as.

Here's an example of this personal exchange from another artistic medium - Crispin Glover, from Back to the Future 'fame' - is creating some highly provocative and powerful film that he presents in person with the viewers in what are essentially coffee houses - takes questions during the performance - and actually sits down and has discussions with everyone about the material he's creating.  

I think this is, in rough outline, what KD/MF has been all about at least in terms of vision for the band and listeners - and now we're entering a new phase of development between us all where this type of personal exchange is able to begin to take place beyond simple forum/blog posts and the miscommunication that typically happens with that type of 'distance'.

Skype name: robert.j.blank

Board name: valkator
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:16:22 PM by valkator »
"Beware of disobeying in solitude, because the witness is also the judge...."

Offline Twilight Symphony

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 07:35:14 PM »
but the simple fact is that Mercyful Fate/King Diamond has always been - and will always be - clannish and 'small' in a real sense - a highly personal exchange between the band(s) and the 'fans' who, for their own personal reasons, resonate with the material. Let's face it, MF/KD has never been about 'fame and fortune' and worshipping of the popular 'rock star'. Popularity in terms of sales is one thing - but because of the nature of the material, itself - and what's being summoned through it - it's simply not a matter of how popular or famous the KD/MF 'brand' can be made as if King, the band, and all of us are simply commodities and objects. I would hope none of us actually view each other in this way. That's what will kill this type of communication outright. A closer look at the music industry will reveal that this type of commodification is what kills bands, musicianship, and everything else which makes real creation possible.

Valkator, nice post dude, good read. I liked what you wrote, some very good points.

I agree that it's not about how famous you can be & that KD/MF is not just about the 'fame & fortune'. You can tell by the consitent quality of music that's written that it's more than just making it for the fame. That said, i do feel that if the popularity of the band, & its sales, have an effect on such things as the inability to tour (because of lack of funds etc), then my points, & other peoples, about better promotion/bigger music labels etc are important. You're right also with what you said about helping with anything that's needed. I'm sure we all here would do everything we could to help in anyway, however big or small it was.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »
Thank you for your invitation to talk, King. It would be an absolute honor.

I downloaded Skype but will have to get a headset to get it all to work.

Skype name: skeletal.grace

I am rarely online on weekends since I do most of my work then, but I am always off all Wednesdays and most Thursdays. Hope to catch you then. I will make sure to log on when all is set up and I can use the service.

And I do agree with Twilight Symphony, that there are a lot of fans out there who would help in any way they can, as appropriate to their talents, big or small.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Aeon666

• The mother of postwhores!
  • I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
Mine is:

Aeon696 (somebody already took the Aeon666 avatar :( )

I think this idea will be great not just to have the chance to have a chat with King but between us too!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:31:28 PM by Aeon666 »

Offline somethingwicked

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2010, 12:08:26 AM »
Im signed up....Hope to hear from you King :king:

Offline hatecrewadb

• One Of "Them"
  • Go DOLPHINS!!
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2010, 12:10:38 AM »
HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS SHIT!!!! WTF??? :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 12:16:32 AM »
Ok... the skype thing was announced on blabbermouth.net.... so there will be very less chances to talk with King since around 34546546861235 people are gonna add him heheheh ..... :(

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136891

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 12:24:38 AM »
This is for those who are posting and read the forums, it's not meant to be some kind of promotional stunt. If it spreads too much, there won't be enough time to get to talk to everyone. It's an opportunity for me to get valuable information from you and hopefully vice versa.

Stay Heavy,

King.

King,
I think this is going to be difficult since the publication done in blabbermouth.net... There will be lot of people outside The Coven which will be calling... As you said before... I think the best will be just wait for you to call.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:28:35 AM by Aeon666 »

Offline King Diamond

• Band
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 12:36:27 AM »
Hail

This was meant for the people on the forum, but of course I cannot ignore other people.
All of you on the forum will get priority and I suggest that you write your coven name into my skype chat, such as "This is Aeon666". That way I can look at the chat history and can see which one of you are registered users here.

Stay Heavy,

King.

Offline hatecrewadb

• One Of "Them"
  • Go DOLPHINS!!
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
Hail

This was meant for the people on the forum, but of course I cannot ignore other people.
All of you on the forum will get priority and I suggest that you write your coven name into my skype chat, such as "This is Aeon666". That way I can look at the chat history and can see which one of you are registered users here.

Stay Heavy,

King.
you are the fuckin god king, the reason im a metal head is you my friend!

skype name is jacob brouner (hatecrewadb)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:25:03 PM by hatecrewadb »

Offline arrival

• Haunted
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 02:52:46 AM »
Hi King,

This is kinda stupid but do I need to go out and get myself a new mic? My old one is no longer operational.

Or will you respond to some chats of the forum members?

Cheers
And the shadows on the wall/ they really came alive

Offline hatecrewadb

• One Of "Them"
  • Go DOLPHINS!!
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 03:16:42 AM »
Hi King,

This is kinda stupid but do I need to go out and get myself a new mic? My old one is no longer operational.

Or will you respond to some chats of the forum members?

Cheers
that is a good question...ya know i9 never told my frienmds on this site this but i have a poster of melissa cover signed to jacob (my real name) from Hank & Mike Weed is That cool or what i will get a pic of it sonn for you my brothers! i am very proud of it just wish King would of signed it!!! anyway ill get it up soon!

Offline arrival

• Haunted
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 03:30:47 AM »
 :king: I'd love to meet the band someday. Andy's mastering my CD and I've spoken online to Denner, Hansen, Matt, Snowy, Hal, Morten Nielsen, Livia and Jackie Patino. Hope this gives me a chance to connect with King someday.
And the shadows on the wall/ they really came alive

Offline hatecrewadb

• One Of "Them"
  • Go DOLPHINS!!
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 03:39:01 AM »
:king: I'd love to meet the band someday. Andy's mastering my CD and I've spoken online to Denner, Hansen, Matt, Snowy, Hal, Morten Nielsen, Livia and Jackie Patino. Hope this gives me a chance to connect with King someday.
trust me i have met lots of bands from dave mustaine & slayer to wednesday 13 hell i met eric singer trust me you will some day!  my friend you will!