Author Topic: Skype with King  (Read 186831 times)

Offline King Diamond

• Band
Skype with King
« on: March 15, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
Lately, there have been too many unfounded rumours and speculations regarding me and the band.
There has even been various accusations of all kinds of things, most of which totally unfounded. When these attacks come about, it is simply not enough to write another long blog to explain everything.
The latest attacks are way too big to cover in a blog and some people might think they got the answers they needed, others might sit with questions they felt were not answered.

In order to try and prevent these unfortunate episodes, I suggest the following:

I will set up a Skype account. Any of you can then add me as a contact and from time to time I will out of the blue call some of you up, so we can have a good talk (3 or 4 of us at a time) in which you can ask me anything and I can try to answer, and you can immediately follow up with further questions.
To put it simply, we will have some cool respectful conversations with each other.

Whenever some of you and I have talked, you will have good inside info which you can relay to the others in the coven or to whoever.
It might be a good thing to be updated on the various subjects on the coven, so that if I suddenly call any of you, you will know what kind of questions the others might have at the moment.

This will not be on any kind of firm schedule, but will more likely be a thing that happens out of the blue, whenever time, mood, etc. is right.
So don't hang around wasting your time for me to call, but rather, always make sure you are set to online status. I will always appear as offline, because this account will only be used for this.
I think this might have a great effect on both you and I. We can get closer, and we can learn from each other and address all kinds of issues.

Please let us know in this thread what you think, and we could possibly try out if it works this coming Sunday afternoon/evening Texas time.

Here is the skype contact information:

Name: King Diamond - Kim B. Petersen
Skype name: kingdiamond-kimbpetersen
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:57:28 AM by Kingwild »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
Re: Skype with King
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:37:25 PM »
This is a very fucking good idea King! I salute you for the great initiative!

This could make a great fan/author relationship and we could get the news from the source it self, as we are on here alot we know what people want to ask cause we all talk together alot!

I at least thank you for making that decision and i have gotten Skype now for this :cool:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:43:40 PM by KingOfTheRotten »

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
Okay, I am a grown up individual, but I honestly think I'd shit my pants of King himself called me up on skype.
The idea is of course outstanding, so I fully support it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:46:02 PM by TheUnborn »

Offline Nevlim

• Black Horseman
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »
Great idea King! I would love to chat with you.

Offline Orpheus

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 04:43:22 PM »
This has got to be one of the greatest news i've heard in years :P  \m/

Offline Red Dragon

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:52:34 PM »
sounds like a great idea, and with that i redownload skype  \m/

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »
I`d be too scared to talk to King  :( I`d just stutter and sound like a idiot.
Like, whatever.

Offline kingdiamondrules6284

• Mandrake
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
OMG! most incredible news ever

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
Awesome idea.

Not many musicians would take the time for something like this. You are in a league of your own, King! Much respect.
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline Aeon666

• The mother of postwhores!
  • I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »
That is just great King!!! thanks a lot to give us all this oportunity to talk with you and have the real word from the man himself.
I want to tell you one sugestion:

As you might know all of us want to talk with you for some minutes. I know that from time to time we will be able to chat, but would you consider to arrange some kind of schedule? for example every first sunday from each month you will be on line from 2pm to  3pm texas time and you can chat for 10 minutes with some lucky of us.

Or would you consider to make a contest and then dedicate 30 minutes or an hour to some of us in determinated schedules set up by you and Ole of course according to your agendas.

I'm just given you ideas... It will be great for us, the fans, specially the ones such as me who live in places like Costa Rica.

Regards
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:59:37 PM by Aeon666 »

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »
I`d be too scared to talk to King  :( I`d just stutter and sound like a idiot.

I, too, fit into this camp. I would not be able to stop grinning and laughing. I'd jump up and down and go "dee duh duh duh dee dum dee doo duh."

It is a very forward thinking idea though, and I hope some good comes from it.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 06:19:42 PM »
I, too, fit into this camp. I would not be able to stop grinning and laughing. I'd jump up and down and go "dee duh duh duh dee dum dee doo duh."

It is a very forward thinking idea though, and I hope some good comes from it.

Pretty sure I`d say something like "Uhh...uh...hey...King...like...like...awesome...you wanna like do something one day, like get some coffee orrr....I love you!"

-Connection broken-
Like, whatever.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »
sounds like a good idea hopefully you will be able to set the story straight,clear up rumors, updates etc... :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 07:33:43 PM by Maiden Jersey »

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 07:30:20 PM »
Awe shit! My cheap ass cell phone is not made for skype and would never work. Oh well! A few times a month i go to my local library and use their computers. And the odds of me being their when king calls would be like hittng the lottery. Anyway, great thing you are doing king. You rule! :cool: \m/ :king:           

Offline Smechies

• Mad Arab
  • Ballsack
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 07:33:13 PM »
What.
All hail the cock!  \m/

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 08:11:08 PM »
Wow! I think I would fall under the holy shit is this for real and I am talking to the man I have listened to sinc i was 14 (now39) and giggle like a school girl on the phone with some stud of the week. I'm not a big follow the celebrity guy around and get autographs type person, and there are very few people/celebrities that I would go out of my way to meet or talk to, cuz I feel they are just people like anyone, but for a chance to talk with Kind fucking Diamond is just too much! even though I'll probably never get "the call" cuz I work all the fucking time and won't ever be around when I can use skype. I will DL it tonight and hope for the chance to chat with The King though, but I fear all I would get out of my pie hole would be a lot of grunting and bevis and butthead impersonation or some such shit. Very cool of you though I must say. I hope it answers some questions for the ones who seek the answers. You are the man Sir Diamond! :king:

Offline cls

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »
Lately, there have been too many unfounded rumours and speculations regarding me and the band.
There has even been various accusations of all kinds of things, most of which totally unfounded. When these attacks come about, it is simply not enough to write another long blog to explain everything.
The latest attacks are way too big to cover in a blog and some people might think they got the answers they needed, others might sit with questions they felt were not answered.

In order to try and prevent these unfortunate episodes, I suggest the following:

I will set up a Skype account. Any of you can then add me as a contact and from time to time I will out of the blue call some of you up, so we can have a good talk (3 or 4 of us at a time) in which you can ask me anything and I can try to answer, and you can immediately follow up with further questions.
To put it simply, we will have some cool respectful conversations with each other.

Whenever some of you and I have talked, you will have good inside info which you can relay to the others in the coven or to whoever.
It might be a good thing to be updated on the various subjects on the coven, so that if I suddenly call any of you, you will know what kind of questions the others might have at the moment.

This will not be on any kind of firm schedule, but will more likely be a thing that happens out of the blue, whenever time, mood, etc. is right.
So don't hang around wasting your time for me to call, but rather, always make sure you are set to online status. I will always appear as offline, because this account will only be used for this.
I think this might have a great effect on both you and I. We can get closer, and we can learn from each other and address all kinds of issues.

Please let us know in this thread what you think, and we could possibly try out if it works this coming Sunday afternoon/evening Texas time.

Here is the skype contact information:

Name: King Diamond - Kim B. Petersen
Skype name: kingdiamond-kimbpetersen

Interesting and novel idea to interact with the fans.  Having created the original thread, I suppose I do
feel some need to clarify the genesis of my statements.  First and foremost, I speak as a fan (and a
quiet one at that).  Second, my frustration is not borne out of not being able to get an update or
buy a t-shirt.  Those are just symptoms of what I is at the root of the problem: a lack of
recognition.  Whether the lack of promotion is self-inflicted, or the creation of a cash-strapped
label, or some combination thereof is open to debate.  I know what’s going on because I comb
through this forum with some regularity. The kid that first heard your name at a Metallica
concert, however, is going to be almost completely lost.   He won’t get any news that hasn’t been
posted on Blabbermouth a week ago.  He won’t get any media samples .  He won’t get any lyrics.
He won’t get any interviews.   He won’t be able to buy a CD or t-shirt from your site.  The list
goes on.    There’s just no reason for that.  

Hopefully, my comments have been taken somewhat constructively.  A better, more professional,
more user friendly, more aesthetically pleasing, more updated website where the newcomer can
explore your career and music can NEVER be a bad thing and is worth investing in.  More
effective merchandising can NEVER be a bad thing.  It will make you money while
simultaneously giving the fans something they actually want.  Updates, posted on the official site
and sent to every media outlet that will publish them can NEVER be a bad thing.  

In short, there’s absolutely no downside to investing in the perception that you are a vibrant,
active artist with a storied career.   While I like the Skype idea, it will only be reaching out and
preaching to the choir.   If you’re going to do it (and I encourage you to), get your management
to announce it to all of the media outlets.  It’s a novel idea, attractive to a lot of fans that might not
read the official forum, and it will result in a lot of free and positive exposure.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:15:41 PM by cls »

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 08:24:30 PM »
Well done King. Never doubted anything about you or the band, ever. I Think this is a great idea as i never beleave anything unless it came from ole or a band member anyway. Talk soon!  :cool:

Maybe you can explain to me what you wanted to explain to me about the Abigail movie i've been wanting to make for 26 years :p
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:32:06 PM by Tuwin »

Offline The Ghost

• Banshee
  • Shemhamforash!
    • Hail Satan!
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »
Wow! Wow! Wow! and Wow! :D

GREAT Idea!!

King YOU are the One and BEST!

We'll talking soon... :king:

skype name = warlockbellavance
real name = Sonny
coven name = The Ghost
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:22:01 PM by The Ghost »

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36:44 PM »
Awesome idea King! I would freeze and start stuttering, it's like talking to a god. I am almost speechless as I type this! :king:

Offline Vlad the Impaler

• Charon
  • The Saw is Family.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
Interesting idea King.  It would be great to receive a call from you and be able to discuss whatever comes up. I'm sure lots of fans have millions of questions as we all have our intrigues. I will have to add Skype now so I can be at the ready for the call.  :cool:  It would certainly bring us closer to you, as we all are devoted to you and your music. Not many musicians would ever do that. So for that You have my humble thanks and praises. :king:

Hope to talk to you sometime soon!!

Many Hails from your Fan Forever,

Vlad the Impaler :cool:
Pain has a face, Allow me to show it to you.

poltergeiss

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 11:38:55 PM »
...starting to write out my questions now!

Offline Kings Fate

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 12:18:56 AM »
I feel like a Neanderthaler on this...
WTF is Skype?

poltergeiss

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »
I feel like a Neanderthaler on this...
WTF is Skype?

http://www.skype.com/