Author Topic: Tim Burton is the best director to make the great movies form King's stories  (Read 8706 times)

Offline Amidiatus

• Desecrator Of Souls
Hi King!!! Hi friends!!! What do all of you think about suggesting to Tim (through his site or any other way) making THE GREAT HORROR MOVIE! :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:55:19 pm by Amidiatus »

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
Tim Burton is a good director and all of that, but I don't think he's ready to make a King Diamond movie. I would leave it to a director who knows heavy metal music and is a fan of King Diamond himself. Not to mention Tim Burton has a large amount of Emo's who follow him and I think he has product ties with that shitty store Hot Topic. Some how that store has ruined a lot of bands for me....

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Sorry, but all his movies are kind of silly/childish/family oriented.... He has talent, but do you really want a smiling Johnny Depp to play Count de la Fey? or have stupid 3-inch tall goblins as a side-story for comedic relief?
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
Sorry, but all his movies are kind of silly/childish/family oriented.... He has talent, but do you really want a smiling Johnny Depp to play Count de la Fey? or have stupid 3-inch tall goblins as a side-story for comedic relief?

I agree with you. That would be a nightmare. I just have a feeling if he did the movie he would kind of make King Diamond a fad kind of thing like he did for the Nightmare Before Christmas, which I hated anyway.

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
I think Tim Burton could come close to matching King's vision, if any big Hollywood guy could. Plus it would have the budget to do it justice, but only if King was directly involved. Maybe Kevin Smith could, too.

I have a buddy who is restoring a KISS pinball machine. It is bad as hell and I keep thinking a King Diamond pinball machine would be great, but I know that could never exist, much as a big budget KD movie will probably never exist.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 12:09:56 pm by Lucifers Mirror »
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
I have a buddy who is restoring a KISS pinball machine. It is bad as hell and I keep thinking a King Diamond pinball machine would be great, but I know that could never exist,

A King Diamond pinball machine would be fucking godly!  :king:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Screw that shit! We already have someone that should be making a movie here on the coven, he goes by the name of Tuwin and he WILL make the first adaptation of Kings music into a movie and it will be killer! LONG LIVE ABIGAIL! :king:

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
Screw that shit! We already have someone that should be making a movie here on the coven, he goes by the name of Tuwin and he WILL make the first adaptation of Kings music into a movie and it will be killer! LONG LIVE ABIGAIL!

HAIL TUWIN :king:

Offline Owen

• Jonah
Tim seems to direct better when he gets more space for creativity, and since no studio in hell would pick this movie up, it would probably turn out good.
Although, Kings stories have the look of a TB film, but not the same kind of gothic stories that TB likes to direct.

Offline Nachtsider

• Emerencia
  • Shadowmancer Supreme
    • Nachtsider at VampireFreaks.com
If Tim directs, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter will play EVERYBODY. Instant pass.
There may be no peace for the wicked, but the righteous can damn well get a piece whenever they feel

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
I think Tim Burton could do an excellent Job. I think most people are looking at his finished films and thinking they should be seeing abigail. Tim seems to have a clearn vision for all his films. He knows what he wants and he makes it. I think that's excellent because as you move in the film industry it becomes harder and harder to stay true on a story that your trying to tell. There are so many people in the business that are not story tellers but think they are because their in the film industry.

The industry is full of all kinds of people. Film making is not just about telling the story, that's what the director, writer do. The rest of other people are there to do a specific job on their own and without all of it in place you don't have a movie. Tim Burton can put a team together, he can tell a story, and he understand the mechanics of film making in ways that i only wish i could.

If anyone thinks having a king diamond script in his hands in a bad idea is nuts! Tim could absolutley do great thinks with a king story. Maybe he hasn't done anything like that yet but if i were to pick a director to do a King Diamond story it would be someone with a creative mind like Tim Burton. As a producer i would have to tell him not make a part 2 of any of this flicks but to use his fantastical fantasy elements in his brain to bring this story alive with in it's own world.

He's not an idiot. If he ever took on a King Diamond project he would know the importance of it and do his research on his audience. You gotta give the man a little more respect then to say he has emo fans and sells stuff at hot topic so theres no way he could make this movie, yea right.

On a second note. I still have my Abigail script and would love nothing more then to get my hands on some money and make this film but before you can do anything you need the rights to the story :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:47:31 pm by Tuwin »

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Ummm your not helping me out here Tuwin! Death to Burton, long live Tuwin! :D

Offline hatecrewadb

• One Of "Them"
  • Go DOLPHINS!!
I think Tim Burton could do an excellent Job. I think most people are looking at his finished films and thinking they should be seeing abigail. Tim seems to have a clearn vision for all his films. He knows what he wants and he makes it. I think that's excellent because as you move in the film industry it becomes harder and harder to stay true on a story that your trying to tell. There are so many people in the business that are not story tellers but think they are because their in the film industry.

The industry is full of all kinds of people. Film making is not just about telling the story, that's what the director, writer do. The rest of other people are there to do a specific job on their own and without all of it in place you don't have a movie. Tim Burton can put a team together, he can tell a story, and he understand the mechanics of film making in ways that i only wish i could.

If anyone thinks having a king diamond script in his hands in a bad idea is nuts! Tim could absolutley do great thinks with a king story. Maybe he hasn't done anything like that yet but if i were to pick a director to do a King Diamond story it would be someone with a creative mind like Tim Burton. As a producer i would have to tell him not make a part 2 of any of this flicks but to use his fantastical fantasy elements in his brain to bring this story alive with in it's own world.

He's not an idiot. If he ever took on a King Diamond project he would know the importance of it and do his research on his audience. You gotta give the man a little more respect then to say he has emo fans and sells stuff at hot topic so theres no way he could make this movie, yea right.

On a second note. I still have my Abigail script and would love nothing more then to get my hands on some money and make this film but before you can do anything you need the rights to the story :)
if ya do can be ahorseman or die in it?

Offline coven13

• Just A Shadow

Tim Burton is a good director, but I don´t think that he wold be the right guy for a King diamond Movie concept. My options are David Lynch, David Fincher or Darren Aronofsky.

Offline Smechies

• Mad Arab
  • Ballsack
I think Tim Burton could come close to matching King's vision, if any big Hollywood guy could. Plus it would have the budget to do it justice, but only if King was directly involved. Maybe Kevin Smith could, too.
Mariam sucked 34 dicks in a row!
All hail the cock!  \m/

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
Polanski. He knowes the drill after doing Rosemary`s Baby  :)
Like, whatever.

Offline Vlad the Impaler

• Charon
  • The Saw is Family.
Tim Burton is a great director. If a dark tale is what you seek Sleepy Hollow is a prime example
of Burton's creativity. I can clearly see him doing a great job on a movie based on one of King's songs.

Another good director is Tobe Hooper.  :cool:  And Wes Craven.  :king:
Pain has a face, Allow me to show it to you.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
Polanski. He knowes the drill after doing Rosemary`s Baby  :)

He loved doing them babies, all right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
@grace. So true! Polanski is a goof ball!  Anyway, when it comes to a director, the person must think in the lines like stanely kubrick did when he was alive. Example *the shining*. The setting must be like that if the king movie is to work if its ever made. :king:

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
Dario Argento-House of God
Guillermo Del Toro- The Puppet Master
Ji-Woon Kim -Them/Conspiracy
Clive Barker -GMYSP
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:40:24 pm by Maiden Jersey »

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
Dario Argento-House of God
Guillermo Del Toro- The Puppet Master
Ji-Woon Kim -Them/Conspiracy
Clive Barker -GMYSP

I think Rob Zombie would have liked to play a little with TPM.
Like, whatever.

Offline Mohican

• Gypsy
Not so sure about Burton.
I would like to see Roger Corman ("The Tomb Of Ligeia",  "The Masque Of The Red Death", 1964) directing King`s stuff, but unfortunetaly he`s too old and not directing anymore, only producing.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:41:39 am by Mohican »
You and me...we`re not even the same species...

Offline MaliceReverence

• One Of "Them"
I think Rob Zombie would have liked to play a little with TPM.

The only thing Rob Zombie know's is how to Butcher good films, He would make the puppet master as a redneck, his wife is his sister and the setting would be in some small shit town in Arkansas (No offence to anyone living in Arkansas).
In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline blakkheart

• Banshee
Tim Burton over Rob Zombie any day.  His movies just get too weird.  Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow was a great example of a good vision for Abigail or Them.  Clive Barker would be cool but hasn't done much in a while.   :king:

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
I wanna make out with Johnny Depp. :-[
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com