Author Topic: The KD/MF Collectors...  (Read 111833 times)

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
  • King Diamond & Hell, best two metal acts ever.
    • Hellman-666 Forum
Re: The KD/MF Collectors...
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 01:42:19 AM »
So who here knows about Voodoo picture discs? There is one on ebay, but I thought they didn't make any for te voodoo album.

as far as i was aware and looking at the discs on ebay, they are all out of the 4 pic disc box set, either that or bootlegs, it annoys me when people buy those box sets to just sell the discs off individually, i mean they are collectors items in a box and should treasured as such, then again i am a biased KD fan

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
    • Hellman-666 Forum
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2010, 01:42:57 AM »
Yeap... I don't have that ones man!!! I just have the NPFC on tape.

no problem, they'll be on route at the end of the month buddy  :king:

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »
So who here knows about Voodoo picture discs? There is one on ebay, but I thought they didn't make any for te voodoo album.

They made original PD:s for all the four albums (incl. Voodoo). The original is more purple than the box-version and has different bar-code-number (I don´t have it here right now). The picture on the repress in the box is also a bit larger (and thus the LP covers a little less of the picture).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 08:36:51 AM by Mike Steele »

Offline Aeon666

• The mother of postwhores!
  • I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2010, 09:54:47 AM »
no problem, they'll be on route at the end of the month buddy  :king:

Great man... please let me know how much the postage was...

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »
They made original PD:s for all the four albums (incl. Voodoo). The original is more purple than the box-version and has different bar-code-number (I don´t have it here right now). The picture on the repress in the box is also a bit larger (and thus the LP covers a little less of the picture).
Well this is the one I won on ebay. Didn't pay too much for it, got it for 30 bucks with shipping. Hope its the original, but knowing ebay probably isn't. The way the guy worded the add, makes it sound like it was, but he doesn't give a number to look up. It's all good, I like the artwork and it will still look good on my wall when I get it framed.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2010, 12:42:37 AM »
Well this is the one I won on ebay. Didn't pay too much for it, got it for 30 bucks with shipping. Hope its the original, but knowing ebay probably isn't. The way the guy worded the add, makes it sound like it was, but he doesn't give a number to look up. It's all good, I like the artwork and it will still look good on my wall when I get it framed.

I think it is the original (from the colours). GIve me the barcodenumber and I can check with my copy.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2010, 10:30:05 AM »
I think it is the original (from the colours). GIve me the barcodenumber and I can check with my copy.
Okay, I'll PM you when I get in the mail next week. Thanks! :king:

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 12:39:11 AM »
Okay, I'll PM you when I get in the mail next week. Thanks! :king:

The originals have barcodenumbers starting 40067... The represses start 4028 if I remember correctly. And I think there is only one version on HOG (or they are similar at least).

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2010, 12:40:20 AM »
But I´ve compared to my original and it looks like that picture. I´m 100 % it is the original on the pictures.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
But I´ve compared to my original and it looks like that picture. I´m 100 % it is the original on the pictures.
Awesome, got it for a good price then. Now the key is getting the actual one pictured lol I'll still let ya know what serial number it is, or see if I can find it out myself once I get it.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2010, 09:41:49 PM »
The originals have barcodenumbers starting 40067... The represses start 4028 if I remember correctly. And I think there is only one version on HOG (or they are similar at least).
Okay got it today, looks brand new \m/ And the magic number is 4006759 424407, so those are the original numbers right? Either way it's awesome, and will ook really good on my wall next to my KD figurine I plan on winning lol Thanks for the help finding out if its an original or not. Great price thats for sure. Thank you thank you! :king: \m/ :king:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:42:41 PM by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2010, 02:17:29 AM »
Great. Be careful about that hanging them on the wall though. I had a copy of the HOG PD (and a few others) on the wall not thinking about that the sun shone in there. So it got a serious suntan...

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2010, 02:47:22 AM »
Great. Be careful about that hanging them on the wall though. I had a copy of the HOG PD (and a few others) on the wall not thinking about that the sun shone in there. So it got a serious suntan...

Nice advise pal!!!!

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
    • Hellman-666 Forum
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2010, 03:37:42 AM »
Just bought King Diamond & Black Rose (12" Pic Disc) the two double King Diamond roadrunner vault CD's... :king:

Aeon666, the LP's and badges will be sent to you next week mate, i have a spare KD t-shirt, plain black with just the white KD logo, it's to tight for me and hardly been worn, it's a L in size, but feels more like a M. I'll send that to u as well if you want.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:53:45 AM by Jack Glass »

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2010, 10:45:18 AM »
I live in the Seattle area....there is no sun here to worry about lol

Funny you mentioned that though, seems we have something in common, did the same thing to some of mine when I lived in Vegas :-[

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »
Just bought King Diamond & Black Rose (12" Pic Disc) the two double King Diamond roadrunner vault CD's... :king:

Aeon666, the LP's and badges will be sent to you next week mate, i have a spare KD t-shirt, plain black with just the white KD logo, it's to tight for me and hardly been worn, it's a L in size, but feels more like a M. I'll send that to u as well if you want.

Perfect man... thanks a lot!!! The shirt is welcome of course!!!.... please let me know the ammount of the shipping...

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2010, 12:23:46 PM »
Last monday I got 6 picture disc for my collection.

MF - DBTO
MF - 9
MF - Melissa

KD - TSL
KD - Abigail
KD - The Eye

Nice!!!! As soon as I get if from the mail I'll post some pics.

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 12:22:51 AM »
Here are some pics of my new pics...  :D

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:31:25 AM by Aeon666 »

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 12:33:44 AM »
BTW my Spider's Picture Disc came with an autograph... I think is Andy but can someone let me know for real? Here's a pic...

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 07:42:44 PM »
Didn't the guy who sold it to you tell you who signed it? Thats really cool though, wish I could help ya with the signature. My Melissa PD is signed my Hank Sherman, which I got verfied by him on this site, so I know it's legit lol Found that at a little record store down the hall from where I work. They didn't even know it was signed when I bought it. After I paid for it, I told them it was signed by one of the band members, and you could tell they weren't happy for the price they were charging.

Now if I could get King to sign it then it would be just about perfect. Think if I PM him for his address he'll give it to me so I can send it to him? lol j/k....sort of :king:

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »
Didn't the guy who sold it to you tell you who signed it? Thats really cool though, wish I could help ya with the signature. My Melissa PD is signed my Hank Sherman, which I got verfied by him on this site, so I know it's legit lol Found that at a little record store down the hall from where I work. They didn't even know it was signed when I bought it. After I paid for it, I told them it was signed by one of the band members, and you could tell they weren't happy for the price they were charging.

Now if I could get King to sign it then it would be just about perfect. Think if I PM him for his address he'll give it to me so I can send it to him? lol j/k....sort of :king:

Nope... he didn't post it on the auction... I think he just forgot about it!!! Men that Melissa Pic Disc is realy a jewel!!!

Offline jomontferrand

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 09:58:41 PM »
Wow nice collections out there! \m/

The only thing worthwhile from KD I have is the screwed Give me your soul... picture disk.

I am not really a big collector though (I wouldn't pay 100$ for a sealed LP version from the 80s... The point is to LISTEN to them :) ). I must admit that I am crazy on collecting vinyls now. In fact, I do not buy cds anymore, unless the cd comes with a worthwhile bonus DVD or whatever.

Over the past year and a half, I accumulated over 250 LPs (1/4 used and everything else is new).

Here is what I got for MF and KD on vinyl:

DBTO (original Canadian press)
In the Shadows (Back on black re-release)
9 (back on black re-release)
That guitar hero picture disk

Abigail (the re-released vinyl)
Them (re-released vinyl)
The spiders lullabye (remastered black vinyl)
The Graveyard  (remastered black vinyl)
Voodoo (remastered black vinyl)
House of God  (remastered black vinyl)
The Puppet Master (original press - not the recently re-released version)
GMYSP (screwed up picture disk)
GMYSP (colored re-issue)

I really hope the remaining MF and KD albums will be re-released on vinyl.

:king:

Offline Twilight Symphony

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2010, 04:07:07 PM »
BTW my Spider's Picture Disc came with an autograph... I think is Andy but can someone let me know for real? Here's a pic...

Hey dude, check this thread & you'll see Andy's signature on my guitar. You can check & compare  :)

http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=3832.0

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »
Looks the same to me. Some differences, but looks like its his for sure.

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »
Hey dude, check this thread & you'll see Andy's signature on my guitar. You can check & compare  :)

http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=3832.0

Thanks man... I'm totally sure it's Andy's signature... GREAT!!!! My Spider's pic is signed by him... cool

BTW That guitar is just perfect!!! Congrats.