Author Topic: Does anyone else not want Livia on the new album?  (Read 38585 times)

Offline Jackal

• Just A Shadow
Does anyone else not want Livia on the new album?
« on: October 07, 2006, 07:58:29 pm »
With all do respect, I'm praying to Satan Livia isan't on the new album at all. King Diamond to me has always been the ultimate vocalist, and I was very dissapointed to hear vocals from someone not King on the Puppet Master. I'm not sure how I feel about the song "So sad" but I definitly did not like her on "Emerencia" or "Blue Eyes". I'd much rather hear King Diamond sing in falsetto instead of her or anyone else.

I also think she is very unecassery live. Except in "So Sad" which she does very good.

Don't get me wrong, she's a very talented singer. Infact, I'd love to have her in Nightwish. But not King Diamond. And hopefully not on the new album...

Please do not take offense, I do not mean to offend anyone.

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
Re: Does anyone else not want Livia on the new album?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:23:41 pm »
Well, King can do a wide range of voices on his own, so generally speaking, I agree that it's unnecessary for there to be another vocalist - but in the case of Puppet Master it was more appropriate for there to be those few bits of female singing.. it made it more authentic to have him singing a duet with a woman because of the romantic element of the story.. it might have been a bit odd if he sang a duet with himself, with one of his voices pretending to be the girl he's in love with.

So, I don't think Livia will be on the next album because the story is less likely to require that 'doomed romance' element, I would imagine the next story will be something totally different.

BTW, it's also like when he used a little girl as a guest vocalist crying "mummy!" on Abigail 2.. if King had done that himself it wouldn't have been so effective IMO!
-Goat

Offline Penumbra

• The mother of postwhores!
    • My music
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 03:10:37 am »
This thread reminds me about a friend of mine first time hearing the song "Magic" when Livia started to sing.

"LOL ! This man sounds like a woman !!"

:gah:

Okay, back on topic.

I agree with you on the "No Livia on the next album" thing. But she is what made The Puppet Master unique and one of the many reasons i love that album. Put her on the next one and the magic fades.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 04:23:03 am »
yup i have said it a million times before....Livia was GREAT on the puppet master and she needed to be there. She gave that album a kind of power that is not on any other king diamond record. She played the role of Victoria perfectly.

If you have her on another album it will only kill the essence, power, and uniqueness of the puppet master.

Right now the puppet master is the "Album with that great singer Livia Zita who sings for Victoria" you put her on another album and than the puppet master is "ohh one of those albums were king had Livia on" totally kills it

i vote to not have her on the next album and it has NOTHING to do with her vocals or how well she did on the puppet master. It has everything to do with keeping that album as great and unique as it is.

But i dont have to tell king this i am sure he knows.....he only does things that are right for the story and right for the mood of the album....what ever he does it great because he understands what he does and he does it well....he is not clouded by other judgments....it is the story and that is final....i love it!

Offline Kingwild

• Global Moderator
  • Dead Again
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 07:53:21 am »
King always knows what he does...if he puts livia singing in the next album, i'm sure it will be for the best  :king:
"I sharpened my blade all of these years , waiting to take my revenge.The heads of those
who  tried

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 01:00:14 pm »
if there would be a sequel to the puppet master, i sure hope livia would be on it again, but for a total new album.... no thanks

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Goatsnake

• Spirit
  • Come to The Sabbath
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 02:00:05 pm »
King always knows what he does...if he puts livia singing in the next album, i'm sure it will be for the best  :king:

That true! :king:

Offline Ahh, Conspiracy

• Just A Shadow
  • ...I even took the axe away...
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 02:42:24 pm »
I wouldn't mind it, but i think it was just a one time thing, it just fitted the story.
:king:

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 03:21:55 pm »
I think livia should definitely sing on the next album.  Not as much as on the puppetmaster but I'd love to hear another track with livia even if its just backup vocals on a chorus or something.

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 04:56:06 pm »
I have a feeling that she might contribute a little bit in other aspects, but not to the extent as on The puppet Master.

I think Livia should have a solo career or something.

Offline Mortuary

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 12:15:04 am »
I agree with Jackal. I prefer King when he is alone. (No sexual intentions here).

Offline Horrorscope

• Mandrake
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 03:37:24 am »
I would'nt mind if she was on it.From what I've read,the new story will have female characters so I would welcome her doing one of the parts.If anything she could do backing vocals like mentioned before or maybe some chanting/omen sounding stuff"ohh how I would love that".
Note:Omen=The movie,Whatever you call that evil choir music :)

Vixie

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 03:51:06 am »
None of my businness. If it goes about King Diamond's creations: I take what is given. And I never was disappointed.

Offline Frozen_Shade

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 09:34:22 am »
I think, that Livia shouldn't take part in the new album. I can't forget how King performed all those female characters on all of his albums, and suddenly *poof* - Livia appears on "The Puppet Master". My first thought was like: "Wtf? Isn'tKing capacible of performing in his old style, that he has to ask a woman to sing the females' parts?".
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 09:36:04 am by Frozen_Shade »

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 10:58:52 am »
BTW, it's also like when he used a little girl as a guest vocalist crying "mummy!" on Abigail 2.. if King had done that himself it wouldn't have been so effective IMO!

ow, forget to ask this, but is it the girl of the movie 'the poltergost" (not sure how to write it, but that movie of that girl talking o the TV and that old tree kidnapping that boy)? because it sure sounds like it. i don't have the movie anymore, otherwise i could look it up again, so does anyone knows this?

Neffie's penguin's

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 12:23:47 pm »
i cant wait ,with or without livia on the album i think its gonna be good

Offline BlackDiamond

• Witches' Eye
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 12:35:24 pm »
I always loved when King did the female vocals...all the vocal work for Miriam (and Miriam possessed by Abigail) and then Abigail in the second album...

although I can understand that Livia was needed because it was a song that was in the style of a duet, not just a narration of a story.

That said, I hope King's next album is in the narrated format just because I miss that old style. I don't think Livia being in the next album would be such a good idea. The band is called King Diamond for a reason.
Kiss the lil Demon...

Offline miranda

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 07:05:41 am »
ow, forget to ask this, but is it the girl of the movie 'the poltergost" (not sure how to write it, but that movie of that girl talking o the TV and that old tree kidnapping that boy)? because it sure sounds like it. i don't have the movie anymore, otherwise i could look it up again, so does anyone knows this?
she passed away shortly after the last poltergeist so i dont think so..well unless i have my dates wrong (which i probibly do)
Praise the Lard

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 10:12:18 am »
she passed away shortly after the last poltergeist so i dont think so..well unless i have my dates wrong (which i probibly do)

You're right, I remember hearing about that. Just checked on imdb.com, and she died in 1988 which was the same year as the 3rd Poltergeist film was released, and obviously many years before the Abigail 2 album. Her name was Heather O' Rouke. She was born in 1975, so was still very young when she passed away.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001576/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:14:57 am by Hellborn Goat »
-Goat

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 04:31:53 pm »
ohh man....thats sad i never new that :(

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 09:10:17 am »
I think, that Livia shouldn't take part in the new album. I can't forget how King performed all those female characters on all of his albums, and suddenly *poof* - Livia appears on "The Puppet Master". My first thought was like: "Wtf? Isn'tKing capacible of performing in his old style, that he has to ask a woman to sing the females' parts?".
I didn't like her at first, but then I was like why the hell he shouldn't do something different for a change? (besides she's awesome) However, I don't want her to be on next album, because it's cool that The Puppet Master is unique because of her.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 12:01:38 pm »
Logic tells me that since she was singing backs live on songs that she didn't appear on the studio versions, I wouldn't be surprised to see her on the next tour. And they're married and wanna be together. But to justify her presence even more, she'll have to be featured on a couple of songs for the next album. She can't ride off So Sad for another tour.

Having said that, I also don't want her on the next album/tour. I don't wanna start a flame war, but I don't think she's that good of a singer. Yes, the character fitted the Puppet Master story and album, but he coulda gotten a better singer to complement his style. She's too monotone compared to him.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 12:10:52 pm »
but he coulda gotten a better singer to complement his style.
Such as...?

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 04:37:17 pm »
i dont know i thought the contrast was what was so brilliant on the puppet master....but maybe that was just me...

Offline BlackDiamond

• Witches' Eye
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2006, 05:18:21 pm »
Logic tells me that since she was singing backs live on songs that she didn't appear on the studio versions, I wouldn't be surprised to see her on the next tour. And they're married and wanna be together. But to justify her presence even more, she'll have to be featured on a couple of songs for the next album. She can't ride off So Sad for another tour.

Having said that, I also don't want her on the next album/tour. I don't wanna start a flame war, but I don't think she's that good of a singer. Yes, the character fitted the Puppet Master story and album, but he coulda gotten a better singer to complement his style. She's too monotone compared to him.

You're walking on eggshells saying that around here lol. Everyone loves her. But I agree with you, I don't think she is a very good singer. She sounds like any other person in my old highschool choir, which isn't bad, it's just not good enough to be featured on an album.

I've said it before on the old forum, I wasn't thrilled with her vocals and *gasp* not crazy about The Puppet Master album. I definitely didn't hate it, it just doesn't have much replay value for me because I don't like the vocals.

But I hated Tarja's vocals too. I think it's just choir female vocals that I don't like. I like strong vocals from a woman, but that's extremely hard to find in this genre.
Kiss the lil Demon...