Author Topic: Does anyone else not want Livia on the new album?  (Read 38796 times)

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
Re: Does anyone else not want Livia on the new album?
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2006, 08:18:11 am »
Livia is a great singer with a great voice IMO. I don't mind hearing her on the new album, but it depends on what the story is.

Offline blackblood

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2006, 10:59:09 am »
I will buy and love the album anyway but I hope she is not in the new album,other than in the "thanks",imo having her in The Puppetmaster in such a heavy dose certainly was something that made that album unique,but as great as that album was,I believe that deep down it was one of the reasons I've loved that album less than others,hopefully the presence of orchestral parts in the new album(I think I've read about it somewhere)won't have the same effect.Back on Puppetmaster it's pretty funny how just very few fans focused on the fact that the story,if you cut the gruesome,horror-splatter stuff is a wonderful love story,something that would have been trashed by the most of the metal fans if it wasn't for the horror scenario where King puts the main characters,and basically I believe deep down that story may have been a sort of beautiful tribute from King to Livia for their love(Livia is King's woman),and in fact it was King himself in a post in the old forum to answer to one of my mails kinda admitting it.

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2006, 12:20:47 pm »
so king surfs the net?  ;D

Offline Penumbra

• The mother of postwhores!
    • My music
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2006, 02:17:34 pm »
and in fact it was King himself in a post in the old forum to answer to one of my mails kinda admitting it.

Really? :gah:

And i heard something about King not wanting to even go near an internet :gah:

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2006, 03:20:10 pm »

that's what i knew.... how life shoulde be without the net, uhm?

Offline blackblood

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2006, 03:31:16 pm »

Really,I have surely saved that post somewhere,btw he wrote just very few posts in an old version of the forum,it was a time before the release of Puppet Master,after the Abigail 2 release,Livia if I'm not wrong had "Midnight" as nick,they probably were forced to use internet a bit more to talk to each other,King was kind enough to answer some questions,it was the time where every King fan was buzzed about the fact King had announced the band would have played Abigail 1 and 2 on stage,I was talking about it and he answered he never talked about doing the two whole albums,just several or most songs form the two plus some classics,it was a very interesting time cause I was really starting to think that a serious DVD-live recording of the show was really seriously planned,and being such a huge Abigail fan to me that was awesome,too bad we know how things went down,there was no Abigail 2 proper tour with that long awaited DVD shoot and King concentrated himself on creating his next opus,Puppet Master,located in Budapest,Hungary where if I'm not wrong King met Livia in 99(MF 9 tour).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 03:34:16 pm by blackblood »

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2006, 04:08:52 pm »
Really,I have surely saved that post somewhere,btw he wrote just very few posts in an old version of the forum,it was a time before the release of Puppet Master,after the Abigail 2 release,Livia if I'm not wrong had "Midnight" as nick,they probably were forced to use internet a bit more to talk to each other,King was kind enough to answer some questions,it was the time where every King fan was buzzed about the fact King had announced the band would have played Abigail 1 and 2 on stage,I was talking about it and he answered he never talked about doing the two whole albums,just several or most songs form the two plus some classics,it was a very interesting time cause I was really starting to think that a serious DVD-live recording of the show was really seriously planned,and being such a huge Abigail fan to me that was awesome,too bad we know how things went down,there was no Abigail 2 proper tour with that long awaited DVD shoot and King concentrated himself on creating his next opus,Puppet Master,located in Budapest,Hungary where if I'm not wrong King met Livia in 99(MF 9 tour).

interesting

Offline Envenomed627

• Gypsy
  • The Girl Next Door Isn't There Anymore
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2006, 12:49:11 pm »
I wouldnt mind it

if more bands could be that

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2006, 06:55:32 am »
ow, forget to ask this, but is it the girl of the movie 'the poltergost" (not sure how to write it, but that movie of that girl talking o the TV and that old tree kidnapping that boy)?

That girl died long time ago, Heather O'Rourke was her name.

Offline King Diamond 666

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2006, 06:05:16 pm »
she is great on the album there is nothing wrong with her she played the roll of victoria puttin hr in makes the story better i wouldnt mind her on the new album she dosent sing much on it anyways :king:
Now I hear them singing again twilight symphony twilight ah.

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2006, 07:12:09 pm »
There are some fantastic duets on this album. And all the parts that Livia sang really fit. As far as her being in future albums I'll just leave that up to King to decide. The Puppet Master is his best in years.  \m/

Offline King Diamond 666

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2006, 07:47:04 pm »
who knows what livia looks like
Now I hear them singing again twilight symphony twilight ah.

Offline Human Hatred

• Unborn
  • Myself and my woman and my king shirt after a gig
    • human hatred
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2006, 12:38:51 am »
I loved her vocals and she and king diamond kicked ass live! My woman and i held each other front row and got tears in our eyes when king diamond played so sad. because that was our song. Sadly my true love passed of cancer, but yes she added to it, And the memory of that magic night with my baby in my arms and king and livia singing live, still lingers. My king diamond tattoo on my arm stays but i hope my loves memory never fades, King shook my hand that night when he looked upon my tattoo.  so sad  so sad.. I played that at hey funeral.. anyway enuff sad storys..  HS. isaac :king:

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2006, 02:54:41 am »
who knows what livia looks like

there she is

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2006, 07:37:02 am »
She looks so young. Anyone know how old she is?

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2006, 08:23:27 am »
Isn't she the puppet girl in this live performance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wVywaS2Rn8

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2006, 10:19:56 am »
Isn't she the puppet girl in this live performance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wVywaS2Rn8

that is not livia,it is jodi, she is a actress for the songs stories,she has a myspace place

Offline russian_banger

• Up From The Grave
  • Invisible Guest!
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2006, 12:16:37 pm »
Yeah, naked!!! :king:
signature!

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2006, 01:26:59 pm »
I don't care if she sings, but just a little. More than that would be too much. King Diamond is not Nightwish after all! :fingers:

Offline Lord Sammael

• Spirit
  • A Shadow of a Man
    • Pervencer Technical Death Metal
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2006, 02:19:17 pm »
King and Livia are married at last? Great to hear that! I wish them all of the best!

Yeah, I knew Livia personally in the old forums and she was among the finest persons I've ever known. She was King's most loyal fan ever. Her nick was "Midnight" and she used to serve as a 'bridge' between we, the mortals, and King.

The Puppet Master is an serious ass-kicking album, just not better than the first Abigail in my opinion. King's falsettos fit perfectly in his 80's music, but nowadays, most of people who like King's songs do so because of the powerful instrumental melody, disliking most of the falsettos. I think King should never overuse falsettos again, using them just do add some flavour to some parts of the songs, and leaving most of the female voices to Livia. I love her voice exactly because it does not sound 'operatic' like Tarja's, she sounds like a sweet normal girl which fits very well in most of King's female characters and makes it almost impossible for her to eclipse our King's brilliance. King does not need Livia, but she surely is an amazing adittion to our master's sound.

By the way... good to see some people from ancient DBU here... Hail Count Jonah! Hail Ripper Bendix! Hail Black Blood! Where is mr. Renzo van Soelen?
Hail Diamondbangers!
Yeah, that's me, good'ol Shadow Master... :P

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2006, 09:02:25 am »
By the way... good to see some people from ancient DBU here... Hail Count Jonah! Hail Ripper Bendix! Hail Black Blood! Where is mr. Renzo van Soelen?
Hail Diamondbangers!

oi, thank you!  :gah:
what was your username on the DBU?
-This space for rent-

Offline Fatal Portrait 92

• Banshee
  • http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Inde
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2006, 07:06:08 pm »
livia is great i wouldnt mide her on the new album  i could see how you dont like her you've been used to kings voice for over 20yrs i've only beeen lisening to him for 3 months puppet master is his best album  :king: \m/
The shadows move They're here to feed the dead ... the shadows move 'Cause there is life after death

Offline mika666

• Holy Shrine
    • www.hangmanband.net
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2006, 01:06:02 am »
With all do respect, I don't.

Offline Fatal Portrait 92

• Banshee
  • http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Inde
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2006, 05:05:51 pm »
if the new album isnt a continuation of the puppet master then livia might not be on it  \m/ :king: thats what i think  :) :fingers: :gah: :cool:
The shadows move They're here to feed the dead ... the shadows move 'Cause there is life after death

Offline 666miles

• Victimized
  • UP FROM THE GRAVE!!!
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2007, 07:23:16 pm »
If The new album is a continuation of The Puppet Master I won't mind her on it but I really would rather her not be on it. I like her but I like King more.