Author Topic: What Song or Album Have You First Heard?  (Read 71307 times)

Offline cristian

• Unborn
Re: What Song or Album Have You First Heard?
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2007, 08:46:25 pm »
king diamond:abigail
mercyful fate :
 Into The Unknown  :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

Offline Scumdog

• Mad Arab
  • Poop Ship Destroyer
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2007, 08:35:58 pm »
Gypsy and Accusation Chair

Offline Leticia

• Unborn
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2007, 08:37:09 pm »
I´ve first heard Magic

Offline Rawhead

• Ghost of Change
  • Hell wasn't built in a day...
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2007, 03:42:31 pm »
The first song I ever heard from Mercyful Fate was Doomed By The Living Dead from the Best of CD. Holy shit, that opening riff still kicks ass. \m/

The first time I ever heard anything from King Diamond (the band) was when I bought Abigail and "Them" at the same time and listened to Abigail's opener Funeral. It was kinda scary, gave me the creeps, which was nice. (Out From The Asylum is even more creepy.) Since Arrival there hasn't been a chance to not to dig King's music. KICK ASS! :king:

Offline blackdevil1987

• Fatal Portrait
  • Bringing The Blood Of A Newborn Child....Yeahhh!
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 12:14:05 am »
King Diamond - Sleepless Nights
Mercyful Fate - Is That You Melissa

Both Kick Ass Songs!!
:king:

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 12:54:35 am »
Mercyful Fate: album -  in the shadows, song - the bell witch

Offline henry

• Unborn
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007, 04:27:07 pm »
best of all the oath-mercyful fate

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2007, 12:11:51 am »
THE FAMILY GHOST, for KING

I think CURSE OF THE PHAROES, for FATE :king:
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline Magistralium

• Banshee
  • Form itself is emptiness; emptiness itself is form
    • Viraga
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2007, 12:07:33 am »
It was '95 (If I remember it right) when I bought Conspiracy. The religion-book of our school had King Diamond (King with a skull from Time-era) on one of its page and it got me inspired :) That was the first album of KD to rock my world.  :king:
What you think you can hold as your own
Will be taken away

Wilmar

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007, 03:37:58 am »
Mercyful Fate - Evil
King Diamond - The Candle (since I was unable to find the 'No Presents for Christmas' EP)

Offline Tlaloc

• Unborn
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2007, 11:54:39 am »
EVIL and since then MF and then KD are among my faves.

A bug hello from MEXICO

Hail TASOS hope you are OK my friend.

Offline returntosatan

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2007, 10:28:46 pm »
The moderator has directed us to reply in this old thread by linking it fromt he new thread and that is why Im posting here.
Way back in 1987 I bought, "Don't break the Oath" by Mercyful Fate, because I liked the cover. I loved this album and had no idea it was King Diamond singing. Now I was a teenager in high school then and King Diamond and his fans had a bad reputation and I had even ridiculed a fellow student that sat with me at lunch for having King Diamond  written on his book covers. Later I found out MF was King Diamond's old band, and I bought Them, when it came out. I loved this album. Abigail had already been out and my friend bought it for me. I never liked that album though til recently. It took about 19 years to grow on me or rather for me to learn the songs enough that I like them. Very complex album.

Offline gamemaster

• Lady In Black
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2007, 07:23:02 am »
hmmm...1988.i was with a friend in his house.then he put this tape in the taperecorder.
"YOU WILL HEAR SOMETHING REALLY GOOD"he told me.
then"Funeral"reached my ears and after a while,the lead intro of"A mansion in darkness".
the rest is history... \m/

Offline {Leviathan}

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2007, 08:10:25 am »
Last Halloween, my friend was dressing up as King Diamond (I'll upload pictures later) and I was wondering, you know who's that? He's in corpse paint....Hmm must be a Black Metal singer. Halloween ends and I get back to my home, and on youtube I search out King Diamond, I see the video for "Welcome Home" and I didn't think too much of it, (and I love falsettos by the way) but it seemed rather interesting, and decide to research it even more. That's when I figured out King Diamond was from Mercyful Fate (Some other friend was telling me to listen to MF but I never got around to) So I look up in youtube MF and found the video Nightmare be thy Name and my mouth just dropped, I  looked more into it and before I knew it I was Mesirized by his voice and lyrics. Now I own all of King Diamond's album and I own MF's Mellisa, Don't Break the Oath, In the Shadows, and Time! So everyday I listen to King Diamond's music at least three times a day, lol. :king:

Offline Dr. Landau

• Haunted
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2007, 09:03:06 am »
First King Diamond song was "The Family Ghost".  I ran out and purchased Abigail when it was released.  As for Mercyful Fate I think it was "A Dangerous Meeting".

Offline Santiago

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2007, 06:14:07 pm »
First song I listened was Arrival (KD) and Doomed by living dead (MF). It was just two years ago, when my sister was presenting me the metal world. She showed me a lot of bands, but something called my attention on KD song. I thought: "Oh,that's my band! I am in!". His song rocks  \m/

Offline Arioch

• Spirit
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2007, 04:33:23 pm »
fuck it was SO damn long ago..perhaps 1985...I think the FIRST song I heard was probably "Come To The Sabbath"...I would've been 17...and hanging out with my oldest friend that I still am in touch with, Ronnie Forte...in Staten Island NY..possibly at a South Beach Sickies party but maybe not...anyway I was a big fan from that first listen..and I devoured "Don't Break the Oath" and "Melissa" as well as "Fatal Portrait" when THAT came out...and "Abigail" also...

but like I said in my other post I've been outta the loop a long while...would love to get back IN though...as King Diamond/Mercyful Fate is one of the FEW bands from back then I haven't seen...I've seen Celtic Frost, Whiplash, Voivod, Destruction, Kreator, Pestilence, Grave, Bolt Thrower, Entombed, Sacrifice, Believer, Disharmonic Orchestra, Grave, Entombed, Death, Ripping Corpse, Unleashed, Skinless, Morbid Angel, Sodom, Corpse Vomit, Evoken, Morgoth, Pungent Stench, Demolition Hammer, Revenant, and many more I can't remember..

I see that the immortal King is gonna be at B.B. King's this spring...that's the closest venue to me and I hope to be there!

Offline returntosatan

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2007, 07:40:22 pm »
I saw King at the culture room in ft lauderdale. It was great because its a small place and he was literally ten feet away from me singing. I mean right fucking there, I could touch him.

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2007, 09:22:26 pm »
 first album was them' i thought it kicked ass ,then more into the future hearing 'the eye album, i had to get the rest of King Diamond + Mercyful Fate tapes that was out and hooked ever since,been to 1 concert on the puppetmaster tour and about to get the tickets for this next tour  :king:

Offline Arioch

• Spirit
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2007, 09:29:02 pm »
by the way has anyone else heard the Exhumed version of "No Presents for Christmas"? it's pretty good, the music is on the money but they can't really reproduce the vocals..

I noticed I repeated myself a few times in my earlier post where I listed some of the bands I've seen, ha ha...little bit drunk at the time!

Offline graveyard17

• Possessed
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2007, 03:22:48 pm »
The first song that I ever heard was Mercyful Fate - Curse of the Pharaohs way back in 1984 on a radio show from Providence RI called Doug and Jack's Metal Attack.
Then I went to my local record store and bought Melissa on vinyl. :D

Offline mannaroth

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2007, 02:12:15 pm »
Mercyful Fate- Egypt and King Diamond- Blodd To Walk.  \m/         ..............................................METAL
¥(^<>^)-|======> "" Johnathan laughed and said "get out of my way, .. I don't believe a word you say" the seven horsemen dissapeared into the night.

Offline bucky01403

• Victimized
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2007, 09:08:14 am »
Mercyful Fate - Evil
King Diamond - Sleepless Nights

Two years ago I think. :)

King Diamond 4/15 -

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2007, 03:53:08 pm »
In 1995 I purchased Mercyful Fate-Time, my favorite album to this day. I was blown away! And twelve years later and thousands of cd's later, there still is no better band. Right after I bought Time, I got Abaigal and The Eye all in one purchase! Ofcourse, King Diamond is my second favorite band. And the rest is all history. Thank you King for making the best music in the world and for giving my life power and inspiration through the tough times in my life. HAIL!

Offline poli

• Unborn
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:53 pm »
Mercyful Fate   Don't Break the Oath
King Diamond   Fatal Portrait