Author Topic: writing on run-off  (Read 1900 times)

Offline brand new sin

• A Family Ghost
writing on run-off
« on: May 24, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »
Hell-O fellow bangers! My first post here but love the forum. I got my copy of FATAL PORTRAIT on vinyl today, along with MELISSA. Today was a good day. I've been ordering Kings whole catalog on vinyl, I got many more coming. Its like Christmas coming home to see what came today. But anyway, I was looking at PORTRAIT to make sure the condition was good. I noticed on the run off on side one it says "MERCYFUL FATE IS DEAD" and sure enough side two says "LONG LIVE KING DIAMOND". That's one of the hundred things I love about vinyl. Let's seem em' do that on a CD. Lol. I'm sure others that have it get a laugh when they put it on the player. I've not noticed it posted here so I thought I would share. Take care all....
Keep it real in the field ya'll

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
Re: writing on run-off
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »
Welcome. Interesting as I've never noticed that on the vinyls, then again I don't always pay much attention. And yes, vinyls are great. I'll never get rid of the record players I have.

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:30:54 PM »
On my vinyl Fatal Portrait it says the same thing, but mine just has a sticker slapped on the plastic with that phrase. I never really paid much attention to it. :gah:

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:32:56 AM »
Like the Halloween LP... It says: If you don´t wear big clothes (one side)... you can´t make big money (other side).  :D

Offline UnholyTriumphant

• Lady In Black
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »
I never noticed actually. Because of this thread, I just checked my LP and there it is.

Offline KingDRoy

• Ghost of Change
  • From the other side
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »
I've got FP twice. The Roadrunner one doesn't mention this text on the run-off, the RoadRacer one does. Never noticed this before. thanks for letting us know.  :king:

Offline brand new sin

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
I always check for little messages on my records. Look at your Maiden records they always have stuff on em' piece of mind and somewhere in time has something on them. Post any you may find. Could be fun digging through the ol' stacks of vinyl.
Keep it real in the field ya'll

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
Damn you!

I had to check and on Fatal Portrait it really is! My copy of Halloween is european so there's nothing there... I'll have to check my entire collection for these (That's the reason for "Damn you"-comment).

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »
wow, that's a really cool discovery and a pretty bold statement too!  In saying that Fatal Portrait is the business!  I'd love to hear those great songs played (and recorded :D) live with the band now  \m/
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!