Author Topic: A question for Livia  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Mad Processor

• Up From The Grave
A question for Livia
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:01:16 pm »
Hello!   I hope this isn't too personal, and I don't expect you to go into great detail if you choose not to, but in regards to the Puppet Master (an album which I consider one of my top 10 records across all genres) and its profound emotional impact on the listener I have found myself wondering the following:

Were you and King romantically involved before this album was recorded, or did it happen 'magically' during the recording process?  When I found out that you and King were married, that record took on a new dimension, and I can very easily imagine how recording such a masterpiece could bring two people together. 

Again, I don't mean to be nosy about your personal lives, but I've always imagined this to be the case.  It's a very deep, emotional album, particularly near the end.   Also, is the 'butterfly' reference something the two of you shared in real life?

It's very romantic!

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
Re: A question for Livia
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:44:54 pm »
Hello!   I hope this isn't too personal, and I don't expect you to go into great detail if you choose not to, but in regards to the Puppet Master (an album which I consider one of my top 10 records across all genres) and its profound emotional impact on the listener I have found myself wondering the following:

Were you and King romantically involved before this album was recorded, or did it happen 'magically' during the recording process?  When I found out that you and King were married, that record took on a new dimension, and I can very easily imagine how recording such a masterpiece could bring two people together. 

Again, I don't mean to be nosy about your personal lives, but I've always imagined this to be the case.  It's a very deep, emotional album, particularly near the end.   Also, is the 'butterfly' reference something the two of you shared in real life?

It's very romantic!
I too have thought about this upon occasion, it's quite a ballsy and personal question really but it's cool someone else had the guts to ask, 'Darkness' is one of my favourite songs on the album and I think it really shows both great dynamics between King and Livia (or "King and Victoria") and brings out a nice emotional side.  Not really something I'd personally look to enjoy from King Diamond but it really worked well!

NO - STRINGS - ATTACHED!  :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Mad Processor

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:58:42 pm »
I too have thought about this upon occasion, it's quite a ballsy and personal question really but it's cool someone else had the guts to ask, 'Darkness' is one of my favourite songs on the album and I think it really shows both great dynamics between King and Livia (or "King and Victoria") and brings out a nice emotional side.  Not really something I'd personally look to enjoy from King Diamond but it really worked well!

NO - STRINGS - ATTACHED!  :king:

Our eyes are now our minds....our souls are in our magical skin.....

SEND HER FAR AWAY!  FAR AWAY FROM HERE!

Dude, Darkness might be my favorite song on that album.  It's thick with horror; the horror of their situation. 

I said so elsewhere on this message board;  The Puppet Master is my favorite KD record, and I've been listening since '87.  It's King's "crowning" achievement; his Opus Magnus.

I know people have been talking about a KD movie for eons, but I think TPM would be sooo awesome.   

Hell, I even had visions of it becoming an off-broadway play.   I am not kidding!

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:28 pm »
Great topic. Mabey livia will chime in. TPM is so awesome!  \m/ :cool:

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:19:33 am »
Also, is the 'butterfly' reference something the two of you shared in real life?

Been wondering about this myself, as the little pest is mentioned on GMYSP quite early too. That`s a butterfly-reference on the two "Livia-era albums".
Like, whatever.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:13:26 am »
By the time The Puppet Master was written and released, we were already married.

Yes, the butterfly is a personal reference.

:)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:14:48 pm »
@livia. Thanks for the info and thanks for the awesome music. Cant wait for the new album and tour. :) :cool: