Author Topic: Special reprint of old interview and visit with King Diamond!  (Read 9694 times)

Offline SinnersInc

• Ghost of Change
Re: Special reprint of old interview and visit with King Diamond!
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 04:48:22 pm »
I listen to a lot of bands , and it's hard for me to call any one guitarist a god
Andy is great, though

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 04:51:07 pm »
I listen to a lot of bands , and it's hard for me to call any one guitarist a god
Andy is great, though

Therefor the term "guitar god", which is kinda common. It`s not only hard but impossible for me to call anyone/anything an actual "god".
Like, whatever.

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2010, 04:59:45 pm »
Natas: I see.  well I love the music but it is not something I can comment as I do not play music or anything like that.  The lyrics are things that I can relate too on many personal levels.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2010, 05:02:00 pm »
Natas: I see.  well I love the music but it is not something I can comment as I do not play music or anything like that.  The lyrics are things that I can relate too on many personal levels.

Fair enough.
Like, whatever.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 09:18:32 pm »
Personally I think this has really gotten a bit out of hand what with personal attacks and stuff.  Speaking only for myself I love King Diamond's music, I love his lyrics, his music and I love the stories he tells.  I am not a satanist, christian or believer of any sort.  I love King Diamond/Mercyful Fate for their music and their songs.  I think King is a really cool, interesting, funny man - Am I interested in King's beliefs? most definitely - but I don't follow/agree with his beliefs in the supernatural/the occult or the beyond.  Does this make me any less of a King Diamond fan just because I don't believe in evil spirits and such?  I should really hope not.  It's a well established fact that King Diamond has always put references and experiences he has had with the occult and unknown into his lyrics as well as from his own imagination and more times than not a little bit of both but to say that every story he tells, always relates to the occult (or his experiences with Satanism) is absurd and to deny it all together would just be plain ignorance.  King often leaves his lyrics open to interpretation so they people that listen can take exactly what they want from it, which is exactly what the case is here.  Eitherway we all of have different opinions, views and taste regarding the music and the people who make it but we're all here for the same reason in the end.   \m/
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!