Author Topic: Getting things signed  (Read 9728 times)

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Re: Getting things signed
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 09:42:00 am »
Leaves' Eyes is coming here next week. The tickets are $15....Vip is $85!!! That's a 466% increase on the regular price!!! That just plain sucks!

yes, quoting myself.....but to correct something I understood completely wrong!

Leaves' Eyes isn't charging anything for a meet n greet! The show was supposed to be Kamelot with Leaves' Eyes opening. But Kamelot cancelled their tour, but leaves' Eyes is doing the shows anyway. Tickets are of course cheaper now. So there is either a full refund for those that do not wish to go, or a partial refund for those who had bought the original tickets for Kamelot but still want to see Leaves' Eyes.

Tickets were $30 for regular or $100 for VIPs. They are now $15, and the VIP option isn't available anymore. So the partial refund is either $15 or $85, and this is where I got confused!

MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES TO LEAVES' EYES!  :cool:

So Kamelot were the cocksuckers!  :fingers: charging 233% more for VIPs!!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 09:27:05 pm »
yes, quoting myself.....but to correct something I understood completely wrong!

Leaves' Eyes isn't charging anything for a meet n greet! The show was supposed to be Kamelot with Leaves' Eyes opening. But Kamelot cancelled their tour, but leaves' Eyes is doing the shows anyway. Tickets are of course cheaper now. So there is either a full refund for those that do not wish to go, or a partial refund for those who had bought the original tickets for Kamelot but still want to see Leaves' Eyes.

Tickets were $30 for regular or $100 for VIPs. They are now $15, and the VIP option isn't available anymore. So the partial refund is either $15 or $85, and this is where I got confused!

MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES TO LEAVES' EYES!  :cool:

So Kamelot were the cocksuckers!  :fingers: charging 233% more for VIPs!!

have kamelot cancelled ecause of khan's illness?

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 07:21:30 am »
have kamelot cancelled ecause of khan's illness?

yes
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 03:00:23 pm »
I like the way Anvil did it....actually I don't. For I think 45 bucks they had a meet and greet, that came with the new CD and a shirt. Which is actually pretty cool, but I already had the CD and I always buy a shirt so I didn't do the meet and greet thing, cuz I am not really into spending money just to shake someones hand and tell them i think they are great or whatever. But the cool thing was, after the show was over, they told EVERYONE to stick around if they wanted, and they would do a meet and greet with everyone in the crowd, allow them to get some photos and stuff. I thought that was a nice jesture, but if I was the guy that spent 45 bucks to do it, I would have beena little pissed off about it lol I didn't stick around cuz I had to work early and it was a long drive home. But it would have been nice to shank their hand and let them know they still have a fan or two.

Would be nice if more musicians would be more accessable to their fans. Baseball players will talk to you and sign stuff before a game. Football too most times. But if you want to talk to your favorite band you pretty much have to get lucky and see them somewhere outside or have backstage passes which I have no clue how to get, or pay the ungodly ammount of money to get a meet and greet.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 03:13:59 pm »
Darrell Abbott usually went looking for fans so he could sign stuff. :king:
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »
Darrell Abbott usually went looking for fans so he could sign stuff. :king:
yeah, Dime had quite a reputation for both his generousity and his appreciation of his fans.  :cool:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 06:08:46 pm »
yeah, Dime had quite a reputation for both his generousity and his appreciation of his fans:cool:

Call me crazy, but isn't that what it's all about? :cool:

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 10:17:52 am »
Call me crazy, but isn't that what it's all about? :cool:

Indeed it is but dime paid the ultimate price. Maybe king is a bit apprehensive about meeting fans shit there are some real nut jobs out and about. Maybe some crazy religious cult has is in for him. Trying to take him out for not being satanic enough or thinking he is some sort of devil haha. Fuck I would go on stage in riot gear LOL!

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 04:45:24 pm »
Indeed it is but dime paid the ultimate price. Maybe king is a bit apprehensive about meeting fans shit there are some real nut jobs out and about. Maybe some crazy religious cult has is in for him. Trying to take him out for not being satanic enough or thinking he is some sort of devil haha. Fuck I would go on stage in riot gear LOL!

Yeah, I can understand taking precautions.  But that shit can happen anywhere anytime to anyone.  If you're worrying about it too much, you're not really living.

Offline Horrorscope

• Mandrake
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 05:12:10 pm »
If I met King I am not sure what to get signed? Not that big on autographs..I am more about getting a picture and talking...

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »
Indeed it is but dime paid the ultimate price.

this isn't fair to say man, Dimebag got shot ONSTAGE, it had nothing to do with the relationship between him and his fans...

I suppose in hindsight he could've been nicer to Nathan Gale?  :D
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:23 pm »
this isn't fair to say man, Dimebag got shot ONSTAGE, it had nothing to do with the relationship between him and his fans...

I suppose in hindsight he could've been nicer to Nathan Gale?  :D

:D

In all seriousness it would be cool meeting King. Hopefully someday I can meet him, all of Maiden, and Blaze. (yes I said Blaze, let the flame wars begin )
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:11:51 pm by Maiden Jersey »

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 09:37:36 pm »
I suppose in hindsight he could've been nicer to Nathan Gale?  :D

whaaa :gah:

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 09:40:43 pm »
Blaze. (yes I said Blaze, let the flame wars begin )

Dude, meeting me was more of an accomplishment. :P

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 08:22:10 am »
Dude, meeting me was more of an accomplishment. :P

indeed it was my friend  :king:

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 11:17:35 am »

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 08:39:55 pm »
Who decides who is a "real" fan?  The person with the most money?  Where does it end?

I think it should be free, and set up like a lottery.  Pull 50 tickets.  Your ticket is pulled, you and one guest go in.  That's fair. :cool:

I agree. Maiden has a fan club only "meet and greet" and "first to the barrier" lottery. I think that is the way to go. I mean yeah you pay to get into the fan club, but you also get shit from the fan club and discounts, AND you get a chance to meet the band and get really good seats.

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:41 am »
I remmber when Metallica had their Fan Appreciation Day when they were without a bass player, and had these awsome auditions where fans tried out and jammed with the band. Bands should do more stuff like that.
Like, whatever.

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 10:03:45 pm »
I remmber when Metallica had their Fan Appreciation Day when they were without a bass player, and had these awsome auditions where fans tried out and jammed with the band. Bands should do more stuff like that.
I remember that! it had like some high school kids playing bass with them!