Author Topic: The Spider´s Lullabye Demo!!!  (Read 6705 times)

Offline Aeon666

• The mother of postwhores!
  • I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
The Spider´s Lullabye Demo!!!
« on: September 21, 2010, 11:43:59 am »
Hi,

As some of you may know, there is this bootleg record around, did somebody know the story behind it? I mean... this was stolen from king and them someone make the records?? Any Clue??? It sound totally different from the album recording.

Thanks!!!

Offline +Angel+

• Emerencia
Re: The Spider´s Lullabye Demo!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:19:07 pm »
I don't know, but i have it on red LP
"I will always be with you
All I know, or ever knew,
Is I love you, I love you to death"

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:34:41 pm »
Here's another question I'm sure has been asked and answered before, was the Spider's Lullabye originally going to be a Roadrunner release? Or was this album in limbo until both MF and KD signed with metal blade and massacre?
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:26:39 pm »
Here's another question I'm sure has been asked and answered before, was the Spider's Lullabye originally going to be a Roadrunner release? Or was this album in limbo until both MF and KD signed with metal blade and massacre?

In the "In the Shadows" liner notes (released on Metal Blade), King says
- I can't wait for us to start recording the next King Diamond LP: "The Spider's Lullabye".

So I guess it was already scheduled to be released on Metal Blade. I don't think they would let King announce a rival label's upcoming release!
But the funny thing is that he mentions his musicians, and that includes Mike Wead. But he didn't appear until Abigail II, 4 albums later!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:30:18 pm »
Yes, I do recall that in the liner notes of In the Shadows. Let me be a little more specific: was the Spider's Lullabye written BEFORE the MF reunion?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:30:53 pm by Huntsmænus »

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:52:07 pm »
Well, I guess so, if he couldn't wait to record it!

well, that's the way I understand it, anyway. The album was written, but he put the project on ice so he could do the MF reunion.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:04:51 pm by Beelzebub »
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Madman 666

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 09:41:05 pm »
My guess is these demos were 100% recorded by King with a drum machine.  This is typically what he would do and then give them to the band to learn.  I gotta wonder if one of the band members leaked it.

Also my guess is that the reason why the band lineup was different was that metal was "dead" at this time and Metal Blade probably cut his budget.  So instead of flying over a bunch of Europeans, he got an all American band and of course kept Andy. 

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 05:07:03 am »
In the "In the Shadows" liner notes (released on Metal Blade), King says
- I can't wait for us to start recording the next King Diamond LP: "The Spider's Lullabye".

So I guess it was already scheduled to be released on Metal Blade. I don't think they would let King announce a rival label's upcoming release!
But the funny thing is that he mentions his musicians, and that includes Mike Wead. But he didn't appear until Abigail II, 4 albums later!
Mike and King met on a tour long time ago where Mike was playing for the guitar player in Candlemass. I think it was the Them tour or Conspiracy where Candlemass was opening, and their guitar player wasn't able to play. They got Mike to play the guitar, even though they had treated him pretty badly, and kicked him out of the band months earlierm if you ask me. He even said yes and joined them on that tour.

I guess that's how Mike and King met eachother and i think they have been friends since. I could be wrong though

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 06:32:17 am »
having not purchased the demo, is the band line-up the same as the official release or is it the one mentioned In the Shadows??

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:18 am »
having not purchased the demo, is the band line-up the same as the official release or is it the one mentioned In the Shadows??
I don´t remember if there´s any line up listings.... I´ll let you know when I get home.

My guess is these demos were 100% recorded by King with a drum machine.  This is typically what he would do and then give them to the band to learn.  I gotta wonder if one of the band members leaked it.

Also my guess is that the reason why the band lineup was different was that metal was "dead" at this time and Metal Blade probably cut his budget.  So instead of flying over a bunch of Europeans, he got an all American band and of course kept Andy. 

Well it doesn´t sound like a Drum Machine to me... I think they are some recording testings of the songs... I just want to know where are the source.... Something stolen from  King, something lost? Something he forgot on a bar? LOL  :gah: :gah:

Offline KingForever112

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 02:46:35 pm »
Love that album cover
"Room of Golden Air" - Mercyful Fate
lyrics:
""

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 08:43:33 pm »
I love the poster

Offline Madman 666

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 07:01:10 pm »
I don´t remember if there´s any line up listings.... I´ll let you know when I get home.

Well it doesn´t sound like a Drum Machine to me... I think they are some recording testings of the songs... I just want to know where are the source.... Something stolen from  King, something lost? Something he forgot on a bar? LOL  :gah: :gah:

I'll be honest man, I'm pretty sure its a drum machine.  I remember reading in several interviews that King will record and demo songs on his own, recording all of the instruments and using a drum machine.  Drum machines have come a long way since the 80s so they sound pretty good.  I'd still like to know for sure if my hunch is correct.

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 08:33:54 pm »

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 10:10:11 pm »
I like the way that demo sounds. It sounds more sincere to me for some reason. I wish there were demo versions of all the albums.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 01:36:44 am »

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 05:47:44 am »
yes, I bought mine for $15 I guess
$249 is insane

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 08:59:02 am »
look at this

there's one to sell on ebay for, believe or not, $249
http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-DIAMOND-spiders-lullaby-demo-LP-poster-RARE-/260693355477?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cb288ebd5

that's insane :D >:D

That guy is totally crazy... nobody is gonna pay that much... Recently a guy call me knowing that I´m a huge KD collector... he wanted to sell me his Deacade Of Horror box...
$500 totally insame... some people believes that just because you´re a collector you´ll pay any amount they want... when in fact is quite de opposite since you know where to find them for a better price.

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 05:47:11 am »
^yep, and as you are a collector you know how much the itens may cost....
and we can always ask our coven friends for some price-advices :D

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 09:37:41 am »
If i remember right the green vinyl is the rarest one!

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 10:12:05 am »
^yep, and as you are a collector you know how much the itens may cost....
and we can always ask our coven friends for some price-advices :D

Word.

Offline Germaniac

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 08:27:31 am »
I have this demo as MP3, and seems that whoever ripped it, had his vinyl spinning a bit slower than normal. Or is it this way also on the actual LP? I found different versions on youtube too, and can you tell me which of these sounds more like the vinyl?

Version 1: (sounds normal pitched)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgxObM8Ldm0

Version 2: (this sounds like recorded on wrong speed, more low pitched, this is how the MP3s sound)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mMe5jln_68

Offline Miguel_Angel

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 11:49:20 am »
Thank you for posting those versions....I dont think KD would be pleased to see how much money is someone trying to make out of that LP....well....
Angel...dont leave me now!!!

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 12:37:28 pm »
I have this demo as MP3, and seems that whoever ripped it, had his vinyl spinning a bit slower than normal. Or is it this way also on the actual LP? I found different versions on youtube too, and can you tell me which of these sounds more like the vinyl?

Version 1: (sounds normal pitched)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgxObM8Ldm0

Version 2: (this sounds like recorded on wrong speed, more low pitched, this is how the MP3s sound)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mMe5jln_68

There are only 4 songs on that 12"....
so the first clip is played at the right 45 rpm speed, while the second one is the same song played at the wrong speed of 33 rpm.

Offline Germaniac

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 01:51:25 pm »
Yeah, I know there are only four songs. I don't think the second version is 33rpm as the difference is not that huge, it's definitely slower than normal, but not that slow.