Author Topic: The Spider´s Lullabye Demo!!!  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Re: The Spider´s Lullabye Demo!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 01:57:49 pm »
then we need someone with the actual vinyl to test both speeds!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 07:41:34 pm »
Yeah, I know there are only four songs. I don't think the second version is 33rpm as the difference is not that huge, it's definitely slower than normal, but not that slow.
yes, it is..
mine is 45rpm and I've played it on  33 rpm speed and it sounded similar to the second

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 08:03:56 am »
yes, it is..
mine is 45rpm and I've played it on  33 rpm speed and it sounded similar to the second

:)
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Wilmar

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 08:01:20 am »
An interview with King published in Aardschok/Metal Hammer after the release of 'The Eye' said that Mike Wead was the new guitarist, Sharlee d'Angelo the new bassist and Snowy Shaw was to be the drummer. The album title was already known: 'The Spiders Lullabye' and King already had some titles for the unruly crowds that never showed up on the album. One of them was called 'The Return of Lily', and they misspelled 'Eastman's Cure' as 'Each Man's Cure', a title that I particularly liked. Even the concept was known: a few tracks would be a story, and the rest of them would be 'loose tracks' with lyrics that deal with subjects on their own. Two years after that interview the Mercyful Fate Reunion would be a fact. And needless to say that I was very surprised to see 'Spider's Lullabye' with a totally different line up than projected in that interview or the 'Shadows' booklet to be exact.

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 08:29:04 am »
^thanks! great info!
I wonder if "The Return of Lily" is just a song whose lyrics got changed to a song we know.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 11:04:37 am »
^thanks! great info!
I wonder if "The Return of Lily" is just a song whose lyrics got changed to a song we know.

That would be interesting to know.