Author Topic: Is it just me or did you think so too? (Graveyard)  (Read 18502 times)

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
Re: Is it just me or did you think so too? (Graveyard)
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 09:26:42 pm »
Same here.
:king:The first time I read the lyrics, during one of the last songs, KING , says something about THEM or THEIR EYES. I may be wrong, but knowing KING, I would not be surprised if I am right.
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 09:55:10 pm »
:king:The first time I read the lyrics, during one of the last songs, KING , says something about THEM or THEIR EYES. I may be wrong, but knowing KING, I would not be surprised if I am right.
From Lucy Forever:
How could the mayor win, and I become one of THEM

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 11:47:05 pm »
i think i gonna quote myself on this one :D

....but don't mind me, i just have this feeling that all these king diamond albums are just little puzzlepieces of something bigger and there is some kind of connection between all story's. So when we think king is working on all separate story's, he's actually working on one giant thing for 20 years now, one that would blow us all away in the end if the puzzle would be completed in, let's say in an other 20 years :gah: .
but again, don't mind me, I'm just dreaming out loud (but I'm sure grandma is actually one of Laszlo and Emerencias kids who have run the puppet theater in London and THEY are the spirits of the kids she killed that are haunting her down and the man on The Graveyard is also one of Laszlo's kidsbut he couldn't handle the horror inside the theater and therefor Laszlo kicked him out and he tried to run a "normal" life, but now and then he lose it all and the memory of his cruel dad takes the forehand.... or something like that :) )....

:D you can go on endless with this kind of speculations, you can always find a character that could be the younger/older version of an other character...

so: i think that missy is the re-incarnation of the witch melissa (missy is an other name for melissa if i'm not mistaken) and because her sole still hasn't found peace, she re-incarnated again (with the help of a little devil) and is now the "little girl" on the new album who killed her brother (because the soul-stealing devil on her shoulder told her that King killed her on purpose, so she needs to take revenge)... and then in the last song, king will tell us that this little girl is actually grandma (the devil on her shoulder twisted with her mind so instead of moving forward in time, she moved backwards)... so missy killed herself o_O.... moehahaha, kings story's are just great, everything is connected (if you want it to be :D)

(but don't mind me, i'm still waking up :P)

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Eternal_Eyeballs

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 07:01:47 pm »
From Lucy Forever:
How could the mayor win, and I become one of THEM

I was thinking it meant more like how could I become one of THEM undead heads, not THEM as in from the other CD, but who knows? Either way all the stories fuckin rock and they always keep me coming back. I absolutely love stuff like this, I wish King would make a frickin movie or something !!! I know he'd make an awesome horror movie  \m/

And yeah that would be really awesome if it were all some sort of intertwined story with each album being just a piece of a larger puzzle. It wouldn't surprise me though, I couldn't see anybody but King doing something like that and making it cool.

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 07:44:40 pm »
speculations

You're talking about 95% of the discussions here.

Offline Spooky

• Witches' Eye
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 02:00:59 am »
I think that that line IS a reference to "THEM"... But that's it. I really don't think it's meant to tie the stories together.
King has tons of hints to other albums in the lyrics.

Like the sharp, winged necklace (The Eye) in Abigail 2.
The Graveyard in Abigail 2
Abigail in Voodoo
And I'm sure there's many others I can't think of right now.
-Life is like a penis... When it's hard, you get screwed... When it's soft, you can't beat it-

-Poli

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 04:33:34 pm »
The mansion in Thirteen Invitations.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 11:23:03 pm »
"Do you remember the bridge, the brige that was standing in ruins..." -> "Come, come to the sabbath, down by the ruined bridge... "

"I see a tear being shed by THE EYE..."  <- 'The Eye' written with capital letters, just like THEM on Lucy Forever.

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 06:57:42 am »
Maybe he's trying to connect all of his stories. But that's just my thought.As I said,no one knows for sure, except for King. :king:
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Lance

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2007, 07:57:17 am »
I love the Graveyard especially the song "Waiting"

Offline Eternal_Eyeballs

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 09:42:13 am »
I think that that line IS a reference to "THEM"... But that's it. I really don't think it's meant to tie the stories together.
King has tons of hints to other albums in the lyrics.

Like the sharp, winged necklace (The Eye) in Abigail 2.
The Graveyard in Abigail 2
Abigail in Voodoo
And I'm sure there's many others I can't think of right now.

Yeah or like Lucy being mentioned in Abigail 2 "You can even call me Lucy for it is just a name".

But yeah, I think it's just referenced in the album cover the way it's spelled, not so much to tie anything together.

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 11:02:37 am »
Yeah or like Lucy being mentioned in Abigail 2 "You can even call me Lucy for it is just a name".

But yeah, I think it's just referenced in the album cover the way it's spelled, not so much to tie anything together.

Maybe...but you can't be sure...

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 10:25:53 pm »
Same here.

no way... Graveyard has a Modern Times feel to it... like 80's or 90's
i would read how someone got to this idea, but i think it's nonsense.

still... i love to make a parallel with "Them" and Graveyard

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 10:39:19 pm »
Although The Graveyard shares similar story elements (i.e. asylums, little girls, King as the main protagonist) as other KD albums it is definitely it's own story and not connected to any other albums.

And considering how it ended up I doubt that there will ever be a sequel. Unless King can write an album about being a detached head.

Offline Eternal_Eyeballs

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 05:29:15 pm »
Although The Graveyard shares similar story elements (i.e. asylums, little girls, King as the main protagonist) as other KD albums it is definitely it's own story and not connected to any other albums.

And considering how it ended up I doubt that there will ever be a sequel. Unless King can write an album about being a detached head.

There is a song on the upcoming album about a floating head is there not? Maybe, just maybe....nah :D

If King can write an album about his insane grandma and make it scary, then he can write an album about being a detached head and make it cool as fuck.

Offline Eternal_Eyeballs

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 05:31:11 pm »
I just had a cool idea !!! Maybe the floating head is King from Graveyard story and the little girl on the cover is Lucy, and King's freaky possessed head tells her to kill people so she can take their souls !!! Oh yeah...I got it ALL figured out baby...

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 05:58:25 pm »
I just had a cool idea !!! Maybe the floating head is King from Graveyard story and the little girl on the cover is Lucy, and King's freaky possessed head tells her to kill people so she can take their souls !!! Oh yeah...I got it ALL figured out baby...

you got it, mate   :P

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 06:07:42 pm »
^ Ya, thats an interesting thought.
Didnt the story in the graveyard say that your soul cant escape if you lose your head in a graveyard?

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 11:28:21 pm »
haha, i love these kind of speculations :D
the floating head can be of everyone, the head of the little mummy 'Little One' of abigail 2, the head of the 'lunatic' from The Graveyard, the head of 'Me' from The Puppetmaster (if you have a nail trough your throat, i'm sure your head will fall af one day :D ), the head of Grandpa (we still don't know how he comes to his end, maybe the little girl is Mother),....

you can go one with this for an endless time :gah:

Neffie's penguin's

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2007, 02:27:50 am »
the head of Grandpa (we still don't know how he comes to his end, maybe the little girl is Mother),....

LMAO   :D:

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2007, 10:35:22 am »
Not a bad idea... \m/