Author Topic: Whats The Difference Between MF and KD ?  (Read 6763 times)

Offline doom_train

• Up From The Grave
Re: Whats The Difference Between MF and KD ?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 03:23:55 AM »
One more difference ,
In some King diamond's albums,you find songs are connected in chain ,they seem independent but if you read the lyrics with full concentration ,you will realise a thin link between most of the songs in the album,please correct me if I am wrong.
 :D:
Crucifixion or Cruci-fiction ?

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Re: Whats The Difference Between MF and KD ?
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 08:22:14 AM »
I don't understand why this even needs to be asked, it's clear in the music that the bands are most definitely two different entities with different styles, different intentions and different members.

Sorry, I don't agree. First of all....different members? Michael Denner, Mike Wead, Timi Hansen, Snowy Shaw, and that weird singer.....
different intentions, isn't the overall intention of both bands to tell stories of evil, weird, mythical, horror, etc....Not that different!
different styles.....?? You lost me there. both are metal, and the same branch of metal, yes there are small differences in songwriting, soloing and execution, but not enough to say they're different styles.
And it's a fair question. Just think if someone has never heard any of this and discovers KD and MF at the same time. You're really gonna reply: "I don't understand why this even needs to be asked"? I have friends that used to love both bands but gave up on both in the mid '90s. I know, their loss! But they sometimes ask why I even bother with the newer stuff 'cos it all sounds the same to them, and they're fans!!! So newcommers are gonna wonder.

One more difference ,
In some King diamond's albums,you find songs are connected in chain ,they seem independent but if you read the lyrics with full concentration ,you will realise a thin link between most of the songs in the album,please correct me if I am wrong.
 :D:

really?  :gah:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:22:54 AM by Beelzebub »
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12