Author Topic: You want info on the forthcoming King Diamond album? Here you go!  (Read 79428 times)

Offline Renzo

• Global Moderator
    • Official King Diamond and Mercyful Fate Fanclub
Hello to all you Diamond bangers.
I just got off the phone with King. We talked about two hours and he gave me some very exclusive info about the forthcoming King Diamond CD. King told me he had just finished recording the vocals which he had been doing for the last 4 week about six hours a day.

In the next 3 weeks King and Andy will be mixing and mastering the album (starting Monday the 5th).
Is this better than The Puppet Master I asked him. King started laughing and explained it as follows: we tried to get our drivers license for  twenty years and now we finally got it. We passed the test! It’s the best album ever definitely, there is no doubt about that for sure. Even the work mix sounds better than any album yet. The music and story are great. I am sure these are my best vocals yet. Andy said  to me that he not played  solos like this  since The Eye.  Mike told me he has never been so inspired to do solos as on this album. And yes Livia is on the album too!

King said to me: I guarantee you  this is the best album yet I am positive about it. Its more King Diamond there have ever been. It has the best King Diamond top class through the whole album. The story is very dark, perhaps one of the darkest I have ever done before.

King mentioned the intro to the album is a ‘real’ intro again, like where Midnight (from “The Puppet Master”) was more of a pre-song .

Want to get a little taste of what you might expect from the lyrics? Here you go: 
Me and my black cat Magic, the beautiful house on Never Ending Hill, the little girl in the bloody dress and her dead little brother,  the dark,  the floating head woman, shapes of black and YOU

The cover represents a little girl standing on a winding stairs in a white dress covered with blood (which actually is the blood from her little brother). I have seen the unfinished cover and I’ll just know you’re gonna love it! King also said that the front cover will look like a mirror.

The album will probably be released late June / beginning of July. Nothing is certain yet but it looks that way. The album will be titled:
GIMME YOUR  SOUL … PLEASE

The CD contains 13 tracks and the song titles are as follows:
1 THE DEAD (King)
2 NEVER ENDING HILL (Andy)
3 IS ANYBODY HERE? (King)
4 BLACK OF NIGHT (Andy)
5 MIRROR,  MIRROR (King)
6 THE CELLAR (Andy)
7 PICTURES IN RED (Andy)
8 GIMME YOUR  SOUL (King)
9 THE FLOATING HEAD (Andy)
10 COLD AS ICE (King)
11 SHAPES OF BLACK (King)
12 THE GIRL IN THE BLOODY DRESS (King)
13 MOVING ON (King)

As soon as we have more info, like a release date we will let you know on the CWW website. If you use any of this info please mention that the original article was published on the CWW website.
Thanks,
Renzo

I need a little light ... in the darkness, my eyes can't see ...

Offline Ares

• Possessed
Re: You want info on the forthcoming King Diamond album? Here you go!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 04:17:37 PM »
Awesomeness!!!  \m/  \m/  \m/

Thank you Renzo for the update!
"...if I was God you'd sell your soul to the Great...Southern...Trendkill!"

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
Fantastic, thanks for the news! So, Livia's going to be on this album after all... I guess there'll be mixed feelings about that, judging from the discussions we've all had about it on the forum. It doesn't bother me as long as King will be singing more high-pitched parts this time around, and not leaving all the high stuff to Livia. But he claims these are his best vocals so far, so that's encouraging. So, hopefully only a few months to go!
-Goat

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 05:33:32 PM »
You're the man, Renzo.  Thanks so much for the timely update!  I am looking forward to this album more than ever.

Offline Penumbra

• The mother of postwhores!
    • My music
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »
Sounds fucking brilliant!

The release day can't come too fast. \m/

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 06:59:11 PM »
That track listing sounds killer! Sounds like it's going to be really, really dark! Can't wait!

Offline Eternal_Eyeballs

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
Finally got their driver's license eh? As far as I'm concerned they've always had their "license for album making". Anywho, this is gonna be a really cool album, I'm sure. You know as the years go by though, I think I like King's mid range alot better than his falsetto (which is still awesome after all these years). His mid range just sounds so fuckin evil, you'd think it was Satan himself singing. Can't wait for the new tunes !!!  :king:

I'll probably look like this for the rest of the year after the album comes out... \m/

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »
So when can we see the art work?

Offline paulcoz

• Mandrake
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 12:08:17 AM »
While this is great news (can't wait till june/july \m/ ), I am very disappointed with the album title. Gimme your soul............please? :-[

Fatal Portrait is a great, intriguing name for an album. Conspiracy is good. Gimme your soul is a good name for a song, but....Gimme your soul.........please? As the album title!? That is so cheddar!!! :(

At least drop that stupid extra word at the end...or better still, name the album something entirely different (sinister). Even 'Never Ending Hill' or 'The Girl In The Bloody Dress' would be an improvement...

Paul.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:25:48 AM by paulcoz »
Paulcoz.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 12:11:21 AM »
Awesome, I can barely waite. \m/ \m/

Offline Satan's Portrait

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 12:35:02 AM »
While this is great news (can't wait till june/july \m/ ), I am very disappointed with the album title. Gimme your soul............please? :-[

Fatal Portrait is a great, intriguing name for an album. Conspiracy is good. Gimme your soul is a good name for a song, but....Gimme your soul.........please? As the album title!? That is so cheddar!!! :(

At least drop that stupid extra word at the end...or better still, name the album something entirely different (sinister). Even 'Never Ending Hill' or 'The Girl In The Bloody Dress' would be an improvement...

Paul.

I had the same opinion about the album title, but then again, who back in 1988 thought THEM would be cool album title? It's just one, commenly used word. The fans got used to it. But yeah, Never Ending Hill would make a better title for the album.

Offline coven13

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 02:17:11 AM »
exelent news, can´t wait for the new CD, i´m agree with the album tittle gimme your soul... please.
i think that the word "plase" has a very good reazon to be there, we know  well the king diamond discography and every detail is very well thought.
I feel that this CD well be like a mix of all diamond albums, can´t wait im so exited !

Offline Renzo

• Global Moderator
    • Official King Diamond and Mercyful Fate Fanclub
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 02:34:12 AM »
The word "PLEASE" is there for a very good reason, wait until you read the lyrics!
I need a little light ... in the darkness, my eyes can't see ...

Offline SloJoel

• Emerencia
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 02:51:34 AM »
Now i simply have to knock myself unconcious for a couple of months. Anyone with a proper bat?
Dutt Dutt

Offline Raven

• Black Devil
    • Beyond Eternal
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 03:25:25 AM »
Awesome news. Thanks for the scoop Renzo

:king:
"Now I hear deceiving lying tongues...never have I done no harm to anyone..."

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 04:01:38 AM »
Wow! Thanks for the info! Now I can't fucking wait for 4 months to goooooo!!! That will be my present for getting in highschool \m/
His best vocals...now I'm really excited!I think this album is going to be my favorite! :king:

ALL HAIL! :king:  \m/  \m/  \m/
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 04:24:46 AM »
Excellent, cant wait \m/
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline paulcoz

• Mandrake
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 05:10:54 AM »
"The word "PLEASE" is there for a very good reason, wait until you read the lyrics!"

I'm sure the title makes sense in the context of the story, but it still strikes me as the worst King Diamond album title ever. The album cover (if it still depicts the painting of the girl in the bloody dress) is so brutal, yet the title is cheesy. I can imagine some potential listeners/fans being put off, when they're browsing for a new purchase.

Anyway, I don't mean to labour the point. King already has MY cash :D, I can't wait for this record!! If the music is as good as we hear, I'll soon forget about the album title. & Thanks Renzo.

Paul.

EDIT: Surely King doesn't want 'his best album ever' to have the most ridiculous album title ever? Unless the artwork & booklets have already been printed, it should be fairly easy for King to rename track eight to 'Gimme your soul...please' and come up with a new album title? :gah:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:32:17 AM by paulcoz »
Paulcoz.

Offline Atom

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 07:08:53 AM »
Thank you for the update! I cant wait to hear what it sounds like, I'm very excited and have high hopes, the King never disappoints! Not too keen on the title but I'm sure it will grow on me, cant wait!

:king:

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »
I can imagine some potential listeners/fans being put off, when they're browsing for a new purchase.
If the album title makes them choose not to buy it, fuck them. ::) And they can give me their souls...PLEASE.  :D:

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
How exciting! This is such awesome news!

As far as the title goes, it does sound a little weird, but King has always made decisions like that for the right reasons. I thought "Voodoo" was a dumb title before that CD came out, but I cannot imagine it being anything else now.

I am glad to learn that the intro is a "real" intro; that is often one of my favorite parts.

Thanks for the killer update!
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Kingwild

• Global Moderator
  • Dead Again
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 08:54:52 AM »
What an awesome 2007 we are going to have and a summer of HELL :D
"I sharpened my blade all of these years , waiting to take my revenge.The heads of those
who  tried

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 09:51:26 AM »
This is so cool. As many others I`m not crasy about the title, but the King knows best. This is gonna rock!

See you in hell, bitches!
Like, whatever.

Offline Eternal_Eyeballs

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 10:01:51 AM »
exelent news, can´t wait for the new CD, i´m agree with the album tittle gimme your soul... please.
i think that the word "plase" has a very good reazon to be there, we know  well the king diamond discography and every detail is very well thought.
I feel that this CD well be like a mix of all diamond albums, can´t wait im so exited !

A mix of all albums? So it's going to be an album about voodoo curse that's plaguing a family's grandma in a mansion that's built on top of a graveyard in Budapest, when a psycho breaks out of a nearby asylum and kills the family and grandma, mounts their heads on the wall, then proceeds downstairs to find Christ tied up in the cellar, next to the sarcophagus of a child?....this....is....gonna....ROCK !!!  :fingers:

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
13 Tracks and a Real Intro.... :king: