Author Topic: "Bugs" soundtrack by King Diamond?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline KingDRoy

• Ghost of Change
  • From the other side
"Bugs" soundtrack by King Diamond?
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »
Many years ago (I think it must have been around the Conspiracy era) King Diamond was said to be working on the soundtrack of a movie called "Bugs"(??"Boggs"). Does anybody know more about this movie? Where could one get it? How come there is so little talk about this, since this is a part of the band's carreer?
I had read an article that this song (played during the movies credits) would be released later on as a bonus on some CD, but I don't think that has ever been done...
Now my friends, show you're real Diamondbangers and tell me all the tiny details  :fingers:

All Hail the King  :king:

Offline gamemaster

• Lady In Black
Re: "Bugs" soundtrack by King Diamond?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »
I think they wrote some material,but the project was cancelled or something like that.I remember an interview of King back then,in which he claimed that the music will be different from the band's standard sound.More atmospheric and less metal,if i remember correctly.Maybe the band or the management can enlighten us a bit about that.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Now my friends, show you're real Diamondbangers and tell me all the tiny details  :fingers:

:(

...but I'd love to know more about this too, now that you mention it!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:46:06 PM by Beelzebub »
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:31:37 PM »
me too

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »
I have the original interview in a magazine somewhere.  The movie was called "The Boggs" and I remember one song title was "Insect Theme".  The article had two song titles listed.   I interviewed King back in 1998 and asked him about that soundtrack and he said he was not sure whatever happened with it.  

Edit... Found the original post on here about "Boggs" and it turns out that it was me...

http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=3091.0

Another Edit... Found the original article from LA Times back in Jan 1989 :

Move Over, Elvira!
January 22, 1989|Marc Shapiro
Ozzy Osbourne hosting horror films? Cannon Home Video has hired the heavy metal madman to perform two-minute introductions to each of eight horror films. The first four--"Dracula's Last Rights," "Crucible of Horror," "Beast in the Cellar" and "Blood on Satan's Cloth"--are due on video shelves April 26.

Kristina Hamm, assistant to the director of Cannon Home Video, told us Osbourne will provide a plot summary and "tell a couple of jokes."

"We've discovered that the prime horror video renters also listen to heavy metal music," explained Hamm. "That's why we felt Ozzy was a logical choice."

Meanwhile, European metal head King Diamond--recently featured on Geraldo Rivera's notorious Satan special--has landed a role in the fright flick "Boggs," about a not-quite-human televangelist, which begins filming next month in Florida. Sources tell us King Diamond will play a priest in a church lottery sequence where two lucky people win . . . entrance to hell.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:03:06 PM by Cornloaf »

Offline Mohican

• Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:52:02 AM »
Meanwhile, European metal head King Diamond--recently featured on Geraldo Rivera's notorious Satan special--has landed a role in the fright flick "Boggs," about a not-quite-human televangelist, which begins filming next month in Florida. Sources tell us King Diamond will play a priest in a church lottery sequence where two lucky people win . . . entrance to hell.

Damn, that sounded cool!!!
Too bad it never saw the light of...hell.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:53:13 AM by Mohican »
You and me...we`re not even the same species...

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
it got squashed haha  :D  "bugs" get it ha-ha
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:53:23 PM by Maiden Jersey »

Offline BigMan78

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »
I have the original interview in a magazine somewhere.  The movie was called "The Boggs" and I remember one song title was "Insect Theme".  The article had two song titles listed.   I interviewed King back in 1998 and asked him about that soundtrack and he said he was not sure whatever happened with it.  

Edit... Found the original post on here about "Boggs" and it turns out that it was me...

http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=3091.0

Another Edit... Found the original article from LA Times back in Jan 1989 :

Move Over, Elvira!
January 22, 1989|Marc Shapiro
Ozzy Osbourne hosting horror films? Cannon Home Video has hired the heavy metal madman to perform two-minute introductions to each of eight horror films. The first four--"Dracula's Last Rights," "Crucible of Horror," "Beast in the Cellar" and "Blood on Satan's Cloth"--are due on video shelves April 26.

Kristina Hamm, assistant to the director of Cannon Home Video, told us Osbourne will provide a plot summary and "tell a couple of jokes."

"We've discovered that the prime horror video renters also listen to heavy metal music," explained Hamm. "That's why we felt Ozzy was a logical choice."

Wow, that is such an awesome concept for song.  I'm surprised King never picked up on it after the film fell through.

Offline Horrorscope

• Mandrake
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »
I remember this, & It seems like King said he played the role of a Priest or Preacher in it. I might be way off with that, but I really think I remember reading that?

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »
@cornloaf. great research :)    @maiden jersey. nice!  :D