Author Topic: New album the Graveyard  (Read 4678 times)

Offline leevil

• Catacomb Crawler
New album the Graveyard
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:31:36 am »
I have been a King Diamond fan since early Mercyful fate days and I loved most of the recordings. Especially The spiders lullaby, I think it was one of the greatest King has ever produced. So that is why I skipped the purchase of The Graveyard, I figured if there ever was a slow point in Kings career, I would purchase this record and it would be like purchasing a new King Diamond release. I just picked up the new King Diamond release The Graveyard yesterday. Ohh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!! This might have been the greatest thing I have ever done! Were do I begin? Everything I am going to say you guys already know. This is the best mix of music and story telling “THEY” have ever done. The music fits so perfectly. It doesn’t sound like words put to music. I think the Mindstorm era of King Diamond was the best of all the eras because the music almost takes a progressive angle. This is evident on the The Spiders lullaby, The Graveyard, Voodoo, and House of God. I love the band now don’t get me wrong, but this Mindstorm era was Fantastic. If I had one wish from King Diamond camp, It would be to get back with this kind of magic that existed in the days of Roberto Falco and the Road Runner record label, I know artists don’t Like to repeat themselves, but I am from the Old School, And one thing I do know is that no album to date can compare to these earlier works. That is just an opinion since I like all the recordings, but older fans will know what I am talking about.

P.S.  I think a story about the Flying Dutchman  would be kinda cool.

Offline brand new sin

• A Family Ghost
Re: New album the Graveyard
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:41:52 am »
I'm with you about the older material. Started a post about it some time ago. I though by the response I was the only one.
Keep it real in the field ya'll

Offline leevil

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:14 am »
I know how you feel, I think the better stuff was pre 90s although I wasn't crazy about the EYE. I loved Fatal through Conspiracy, and Conspiracy was the best guitar work of most of them. My personal opinion is that Road Runner is a great label.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:49:00 am »
I couldnt imagine King Diamond doing a sea-shanty story  :gah: :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Mohican

• Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 02:18:00 am »
I couldnt imagine King Diamond doing a sea-shanty story  :gah: :king:

"Beware of the icy deck, you can easily fall...(pause) overbooooaaaard (with high falsetto).
Throw him now, oh god please throw him now....the lifejackeeet..aahhh".  :)

Anyway...we have Running Wild for the sea-shanty theme :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:21:25 am by Mohican »
You and me...we`re not even the same species...

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:21:02 am »
The Graveyard was my fav album. not anymore, but i still love it. and rate it much higher than Voodoo. the only thing that puts me off nowadays is drumming. had Snowy recorded that album it would have been still fantastic. now somehow it just feels decent. but guitar work is just great. never before and since two guitars sounded so differently (i mean actual parts). i managed to see KD on that tour for the first time. better still it was the tour with MF (Into The Unknown had been released)
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:21:46 am »
not anymore....

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 02:23:07 am »
I know how you feel, I think the better stuff was pre 90s although I wasn't crazy about the EYE. I loved Fatal through Conspiracy, and Conspiracy was the best guitar work of most of them. My personal opinion is that Road Runner is a great label.
The Eye is still one of my favourite albums of all time. untouchable

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 06:29:39 am »
"Beware of the icy deck, you can easily fall...(pause) overbooooaaaard (with high falsetto).
Throw him now, oh god please throw him now....the lifejackeeet..aahhh".  :)

"Arrrrrr"...

"Shiver me timbers!"

"All ashore that's goin' ashore, Mr Sqidward!"

"What can I do fer ye?"

He's already done that tune with MF on the Into the Unknown release. Doesn't seem too far fetched. How about the soundtrack to the Goonies II? He could do a duo with Cyndi Lauper.

Non?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:29:58 am by Huntsmænus »
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline leevil

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 09:21:14 am »
Come on man, this sea going idea is hot.

You can not hide from the skeletons on the port side
doomed to die in the icy waters below!!!!!

Offline General Hammerthrone

• Lady In Black
  • Traditional Metal Reign Supreme!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 02:50:13 pm »
I have been a King Diamond fan since early Mercyful fate days and I loved most of the recordings. Especially The spiders lullaby, I think it was one of the greatest King has ever produced. So that is why I skipped the purchase of The Graveyard, I figured if there ever was a slow point in Kings career, I would purchase this record and it would be like purchasing a new King Diamond release. I just picked up the new King Diamond release The Graveyard yesterday. Ohh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!! This might have been the greatest thing I have ever done! Were do I begin? Everything I am going to say you guys already know. This is the best mix of music and story telling “THEY” have ever done. The music fits so perfectly. It doesn’t sound like words put to music. I think the Mindstorm era of King Diamond was the best of all the eras because the music almost takes a progressive angle. This is evident on the The Spiders lullaby, The Graveyard, Voodoo, and House of God. I love the band now don’t get me wrong, but this Mindstorm era was Fantastic. If I had one wish from King Diamond camp, It would be to get back with this kind of magic that existed in the days of Roberto Falco and the Road Runner record label, I know artists don’t Like to repeat themselves, but I am from the Old School, And one thing I do know is that no album to date can compare to these earlier works. That is just an opinion since I like all the recordings, but older fans will know what I am talking about.

P.S.  I think a story about the Flying Dutchman  would be kinda cool.

I disagree,I think 2003's "The Puppet Master" is far supierior to The Graveyard,I think the production is better,the story is better and the song writting is better,but The Graveyard is a great album too.

Offline gamemaster

• Lady In Black
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 03:08:42 pm »
Musically The Graveyard is a great album but suffers in the details:Horrible production,lame bass guitar and drums.The Mindstorm period was the most uncreative,unispired era of the band-minus Herb Simonsen of course-.Sorry but
in my oppinion King Diamond had always top-notch musicians.Sadly,not in that era!

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 03:09:12 pm »
not anymore....

It's still taking a toll on me.  :'(

Alestorm would probably do a good album based on the story though. :P

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 03:36:20 pm »
I still think my idea of an archeologist finding an old Viking Long Ship and an Insane spirit of Loki chasing the doomed archeologist across a frozen wasteland while he slowly goes bonkers is a great idea. If KING would do a Flying Dutchman album, He may want to read up on The Mary Celeste, I think that is the name of the ship. Found adrift all hands MISSING, no explination of to where they went, supper sitting on the table...untouched. All that was found was one drop of blood on a latch. The Captain, his wife, child, and entire crew....gone.

Then there is the lost Colony of Roanoake....but that is another story
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline leevil

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 05:38:17 pm »
I believe the story goes that Folkker (the sea captain) sailed around the cape of good hope so fast that they thought he was in league with the devil. until one day he didn't make it, and sank. then his ghost was so upset that he swore to sail around the cape until he made it and he never did. Hence all the sitings  of the Flying dutchmen in South Africa.

Offline Wilmar

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 03:39:28 am »
I couldnt imagine King Diamond doing a sea-shanty story  :gah: :king:

Fifteen men and a bottle of rum, it's the captain and the crew of the unicorn...

Offline leevil

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 10:05:55 am »
Don't hate the player, Hate the game.

I mean me and King could be the next Bernie Taupin/Elton John. (with this ghostship story)!!  The curse of the Flying Dutchmen! featuring The King Diamond Band!!!!!!!

Offline leevil

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 12:32:59 pm »
I still think my idea of an archeologist finding an old Viking Long Ship and an Insane spirit of Loki chasing the doomed archeologist across a frozen wasteland while he slowly goes bonkers is a great idea. If KING would do a Flying Dutchman album, He may want to read up on The Mary Celeste, I think that is the name of the ship. Found adrift all hands MISSING, no explination of to where they went, supper sitting on the table...untouched. All that was found was one drop of blood on a latch. The Captain, his wife, child, and entire crew....gone.

Then there is the lost Colony of Roanoake....but that is another story

This Idea is awesome too, I am so ready for new material. I hope his back is better and he tours soon. Singing about a Viking long ship or The Flying Dutchmen. or the story of Oliver Cromwell!!!! or maybe alitte England get out of Ireland Theme.

Offline borato

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 09:45:00 am »
i love the solos in this album, for example the song "I am" 3:35 min OMG  \m/. Like so much songs like diggin craves, daddy,  I'm not stranger... :king:

Offline Le Croix

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 10:28:30 am »
i love the solos in this album, for example the song "I am" 3:35 min OMG  \m/. Like so much songs like diggin craves, daddy,  I'm not stranger... :king:
that solo is probably my favourite of all KD....shivers all over me

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 07:25:11 pm »
.i luv graveyard topics because the graveyard is a masterpiece. the concept through a lot of us for a loop. its different, errie and almost seems to be real, in a sorta twisted plausable way! LOVE IT!  \m/

Offline leevil

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 07:53:58 am »
For some reason I love when King does a story only on the B side. and the rest of the album are singles. Fatal portriat has a great CREEPY feel. and Spiders Lullaby is Awesome!!!! can't wait for the DVDs..

Offline Abby Normal

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 03:16:10 am »
"Beware of the icy deck, you can easily fall...(pause) overbooooaaaard (with high falsetto)."

hahahahahaha!!!!! gave me a good laugh.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:17:26 am by Abby Normal »