Author Topic: A Message from London KD Fans!  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Atom

• Up From The Grave
A Message from London KD Fans!
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:37:42 am »
Hails guys!

I represent a group of King Diamond maniacs from London. Each year since July 7th 2007 we have been meeting up to celebrate King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. Anyway, I have been a member of this forum for a while now but mostly as a lurker. In light of King's recent health issues, I have decided to make this post.

On behalf of our Diamond Coven from London....

PLEASE stop the smoking man, you will get better health and better vocal performance, we wish only the best for you King so please follow this advice! We want to do all we can to help! 

We are also thinking of doing a charity night or something, I shall keep you all posted.

Hails, get well King!  :king:

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
Re: A Message from London KD Fans!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:15:11 am »
We both stopped smoking, completely.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Magistralium

• Banshee
  • Form itself is emptiness; emptiness itself is form
    • Viraga
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 08:18:28 am »

Good for you. I too have stopped many times. Now again I've been "fresh" for two weeks. Hopefully it'll last with you two too!  :cool: <-- how uncool cool-smiley..
What you think you can hold as your own
Will be taken away

Offline Atom

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:27:30 am »

Ahhh, so glad to hear it! I used to be a smoker also and am so glad to have stopped now!

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:53:12 am »
I am a non smoker myself. I am very aware that smoking is harmful to the body, HOWEVER. People think that if you get heart disease the culprit is a cigarette. Smoking ruffs up the arterial walls aiding in the process of plaque build up by providing a ruff surface. It also constricts the lungs and yes can cause cancer. The Main cause of Heart disease is colesterol build up from eating fried foods and greasy foods. Lack of exercise can increase heart disease as well as constant stress. I am happy that KING has stopped smokiing, but he must also start watching his diet as well. Smoking was NOT the lone gunman in this or any heart disease related case. In my opinion, The whole anti smoking campaign around the world, which always seems more important than say the anti drinking campaign, is little more than a modern witch hunt. Niether is good for the body, but then again there is always some scientist somewhere that has found the cure to cancer by smoking a cigar or drinking a gallon of wine. The truth is like Lightnin said before, things like heart disease has as much to do with family history as how you take care of yourself. You willl find cases of people that died of cancer but never smoked or drank. You will also find people, like my great aunt Thelma, who smoked until they were in their late 80s without a hitch. She eventually died of old age. My Uncle Sonny, didn't drink but he was a smoker. He also ate fatty foods, was high strung and stressed all the time. That was the combination that lead to his triple by pass. Key to point, Take care of your self KING, watch your diet, and YES, you might want keep with the no smoking.
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:30:47 am »
AHA Scientific Position
Cigarette smoking is the most important preventable cause of premature death in the United States. It accounts for more than 440,000 of the more than 2.4 million annual deaths. Cigarette smokers have a higher risk of developing several chronic disorders. These include fatty buildups in arteries, several types of cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (lung problems). Atherosclerosis (buildup of fatty substances in the arteries) is a chief contributor to the high number of deaths from smoking. Many studies detail the evidence that cigarette smoking is a major cause of coronary heart disease, which leads to heart attack

Offline brand new sin

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 11:56:55 am »
To livia and king. Do not use chantax, spelling? To help stop smoking. That stuff can really mess you up bad.
Keep it real in the field ya'll

Offline Aeon666

• The mother of postwhores!
  • I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 02:03:54 pm »
I have been smoking for 15 years... I need to quit I know... but it is very hard... My dad smoke until he was alerted about the throat cancer he had until his recent death... it was to late.

So that´s the best decision you could have Livia... I try to do it too...

Damn Marlboro Inc.  :gah: :gah:

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 06:05:14 pm »
To livia and king. Do not use chantax, spelling? To help stop smoking. That stuff can really mess you up bad.
I just wanted to say that after 16 years I quit smoking recently about 6 months ago and really thanks `chantix. I used it for 3 weeks and no more smoking. I never got any side effects.

Offline brand new sin

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 06:37:49 pm »
I know few people like yourself that didn't have negative effects. Also know few people that can't function correctly, Both mind and body. like a family member that did home repair, after Chantix he can not repair a simple kitchen sink. No lie! He can't work any longer..Just saying be very careful and do research please.
Keep it real in the field ya'll

Offline Miguel_Angel

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 01:50:29 am »
I need to quit too...
Angel...dont leave me now!!!