Author Topic: 'Tribute' Booklet To King - Participate!!  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Uninvited Stranger

• Ghost of Change
'Tribute' Booklet To King - Participate!!
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:14:43 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm planning on making a small 'tribute' booklet for King. I hope he gets well soon, but may it take as long as it needs(!). Get well again King.

My plan was to have people say which King/Mercyful album is their favourite, which is their top 5 King (& Mercyful) songs, which is your favourite King make-up, etc. etc.

If you wish to participate, PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you a word-file for you to fill in. This information will be added in the (A5) booklet which I plan to make as a downloadable PDF-file (or if there is enough interest, a black/white printed paper booklet).

Hope to get many a PM,

/Andrew

• Ghost of Change
Re: 'Tribute' Booklet To King - Participate!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:18:05 am »
Ok, I've had a few who's interested. I hope I'll be getting more people "signed" up for this.

Btw, if there is anyone who's good at Photoshopping, you may always help me with designs(!). I'm no wizard with effects and stuff, so all the help I get is more than welcome and will be credited. I have some pics lying around that I'd like to have in the booklet. Just PM if you're interested.

Offline Kings Fate

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 03:05:30 am »
I'm a little confused.
What is exactly your goal with this booklet?

Do you want to send it to King as a "best wishes" present or just as a file to be downloaded?

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:24:39 am »
I'm a little confused.
What is exactly your goal with this booklet?

Do you want to send it to King as a "best wishes" present or just as a file to be downloaded?

Good question. It all depends how it will pan out, how big it'll be and what interest there is. If everyone wants it on paper (printed on real paper) I might try and send one to King himself, or if there ain't enough interest in that, I'll keep it as a printable booklet (PDF).

I'm mostly doing it 'cos King rules(!), and hopefully this'll bring some fans together. I know it's easy to post a TOPIC on the forum asking which is who's favourite album, etc., but having your words in a booklet is way more cool and heavy (so to say)... And I'm curious to see what people think of his stuff, as well.

Offline Kings Fate

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:47:59 am »
Don't want to sound rude but I don't see how this could be interesting for others.
Take a look over the forum, there are topics full of "best album" & "best song" etc.

Perhaps it's an idea to change the contents of the booklet and make it a little more out of the box.
Pictures of fans holding their favourite album with a little best wishes message for King.
Something like that.

Offline +Angel+

• Emerencia
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 09:08:43 am »
Don't want to sound rude but I don't see how this could be interesting for others.
Take a look over the forum, there are topics full of "best album" & "best song" etc.

Perhaps it's an idea to change the contents of the booklet and make it a little more out of the box.
Pictures of fans holding their favourite album with a little best wishes message for King.
Something like that.
awesome!
"I will always be with you
All I know, or ever knew,
Is I love you, I love you to death"

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 10:55:22 am »

Something like that.

Well, I encourage people to send a pic of themselves (you can read it in the word-file which I send to people), so if they wish to have a special pic of themselves and something related to King, they may have that. But this booklet isn't a best wishes-booklet, more just fans telling them what they like. I know some won't like the idea, but others will. I hope it'll be a good thing and who knows, maybe in the future I can make a booklet more 'out of the box'. Any idea is welcome, I'll keep 'em stored in my head! :)

Do you still wish to participate?? :)

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 10:56:59 am »
Btw, I will add cool designs if anyone wishes to share 'em, and pics and other stuff. I might add a cool interview or something else, so any ideas are welcome. ;)

Offline Kings Fate

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 11:20:14 am »
Well, I encourage people to send a pic of themselves (you can read it in the word-file which I send to people), so if they wish to have a special pic of themselves and something related to King, they may have that. But this booklet isn't a best wishes-booklet, more just fans telling them what they like. I know some won't like the idea, but others will. I hope it'll be a good thing and who knows, maybe in the future I can make a booklet more 'out of the box'. Any idea is welcome, I'll keep 'em stored in my head! :)

Do you still wish to participate?? :)

Loving your enthusiasm, but I just don't see the added value of a booklet with similar contents to what's on the forum, that's all. Maybe others do though.
Goodluck anyway  \m/

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 12:15:44 am »
OK so far I've got a few people interested but I hope more will join. I want to also say that I will be adding a few other things in the booklet as well. And if anyone has ANYTHING (interesting :) ) to share, they may do so.

Offline Miguel_Angel

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 03:55:13 am »
If this is to show KD some love...im in...
Angel...dont leave me now!!!

Offline fathermalone

• Holy Shrine
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 02:24:34 pm »

Pictures of fans holding their favorite album with a little best wishes message for King.
Something like that.

I totally agree with Kings Fate. I mean this all together is a really cool and thoughtful idea for King but it seems like it could be planned better. Why would King care which albums we like the best? He probably has already read those topics countless times. I think a "get better" concept and pictures of us holding our albums so he could see what his fans look like would be more exciting to him. Regardless, this is a thoughtful idea and I'll participate.  :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:27:02 pm by fathermalone »

Offline Ragman71

• Deadly Lullabye
  • ALL HAIL THE KING!
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 02:46:52 pm »
pm sent
UP THE IRONS!

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 03:14:09 pm »
Don't forget to PM me folks! :)

Well I know this all sounds a bit funny at times, but I'm improving as I go. I must admit there's more support than I hoped for so I'm allowing people to

SHARE THEIR PHOTOS AND OTHER COOL STUFF (be it drawings, photoshop designs, etc.) and also EVERYONE MAY SAY SOMETHING TO THE MAN, I'M GONNA ADD A "get well" SECTION AS WELL

so lemme have all the love, or more like let our King have all the love!!! :)

So anyone who has sent me the WORD-file may send me a message to King on my e-mail. Good idea this.

/Andrew
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:14:48 pm by Uninvited Stranger »

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 03:13:49 am »
A small update: I'm busy working on the booklet so anyone wishing to fill in the form, PM me(!). There's still time for people to join the fun.

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
  • "I am burning for you..."
    • Michael Griffey on Facebook
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 09:35:56 am »
PM incoming...I think you should definitely at least print one physical copy and send it to King to raise his spirits. I'm sure Livia has been keeping him updated on all the love we're giving him, but something he can hold in his hands would be special indeed.
THE DEVIL IS A TRUCK DRIVER
http://www.michaelgriffey.com

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 07:22:51 am »
PM incoming...I think you should definitely at least print one physical copy and send it to King to raise his spirits. I'm sure Livia has been keeping him updated on all the love we're giving him, but something he can hold in his hands would be special indeed.
I agree.

In my opinion this booklet is a very good idea. Come on, don't be so serious. What's the point of asking why and be so against it? I filled the file and thought it was a great fun. With a picture of yourselves and wishes to the King this is a good idea. When the picture and all the answers came to together as one I guess it's cool reading for King. Much easier to check the booklets out than finding everyone's answers from each topic here and trying to connect the answers to a right person.

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 03:40:39 am »
Yeah, it would be awesome to print it and have King read it, relaxing in front of the telly. :)

I'll check the quality and all once the whole thing is done, we don't want anyone getting their hands on an ugly King-item!!

Thanks all who's interested in it, I hope many more will join(!).

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 03:48:44 am »
Btw, I'm not sure King would like to read interviews I add in the booklet, though he might be(!).

Joseph Curwen

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 08:26:37 am »
no point in reading it twice eh?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:56:01 am by Joseph Curwen »

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 02:48:51 am »
Please forgive a newbie his ignorance, but...who is Uninvited Stranger?
Is this individual a moderator? Or band member?
To reply to your personal message (and direct email; I was under the impression that was hidden), both King and Livia have the support and best wishes of everyone here, myself included. He remains one of the nicest performers I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, even if it was in a pub. He may (or may not, I probably wouldn't) recall a fellow holding up a sign in front of the Country Club stage (circa Conspiracy) reading, "RUMBO LOVES KING!". That was me. And we still think he's brilliant. nuff said. (edit: man...i can be a blubbering fan boy sometimes, sheesh :gah:)
Who am I? Just a simple fan... unfortunately(!). :)

Offline arrival

• Haunted
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:14 pm »
Who am I? Just a simple fan... unfortunately(!). :)

My interview with ex members of MF in the booklet  \m/
And the shadows on the wall/ they really came alive

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 01:37:19 pm »
no point in reading it twice eh?

Twice? Do you think KD has read all the topics of this forum...? I guess he's been so busy (with his music, DVD projects etc.) that he couldn't do that. Maybe now it would be possible, but think about it, if his back still hurts (and he's healing from even much more serious like bypass surgery) when he sits in front of his computer, wouldn't it be more comfortable to read the printed version of the booklet? Or did I miss the point? :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:37:38 pm by Hammer »

Offline Jack Glass

• Haunted
  • King Diamond & Hell, best two metal acts ever.
    • Hellman-666 Forum
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 03:44:53 am »
count me in buddy, sorry for the delay, not been doing so well over the last few months, i'll email u my address

cheers

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 12:20:45 am »
Hi ya all,

I've been really busy lately so the booklet has taken a backseat, but I'll try to do something with it.

Thanks to everyone who has sent in their answers.