Author Topic: Wouldent a sample be nice ?  (Read 6362 times)

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
Wouldent a sample be nice ?
« on: March 08, 2007, 06:00:19 PM »
As we all know Kings next and highly anticipated masterpiece is in the making.  What i ask of everyone is wouldn't you all love to hear a sample of the next album ? If at all possible as a long time loyal fan i sure would appreciate it and know many others would also. So all of my brothers and sisters perhaps we will be blessed by the master himself and given a taste of what is to come.

All hail the king  :king:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:05:07 PM by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
Re: Wouldent a sample be nice ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 08:20:28 PM »
Indeed. And it would surely make the wait for the album a little more bearable, too.

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
It'd certainly be welcome.. Just a brief sample to give us a vague idea of what to expect. Although when this has happened with other bands with a new album out soon, it sometimes gives you false expectations, whether positive or negative, so...
-Goat

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:21:19 PM »
No samples...Please. >:D

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »
I would love to hear a sample. I'm buying the cd regardless, but I love havin my appetite whetted!

A sample of the intro would be especially nice.

Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 01:39:37 AM »
OH yes it is most certain I'm buying the album no two ways about that. Just thought it would be nice to hear a little meterial. Then again without hearing anything it does make the mystery all that much greater and perhaps the reward for awaiting it that much better.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 02:39:59 AM »
Then again without hearing anything it does make the mystery all that much greater and perhaps the reward for awaiting it that much better.
Exactly. :cool:

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 07:48:51 AM »
I don't care if samples are available. I'll not listen to them. I wanna hear the whole thing in its entirety with the lyrics sheet, for my first listen. As I do for most of the albums I'm excited about.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline TheUnnamedOne

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 09:24:34 AM »
I don't care if samples are available. I'll not listen to them. I wanna hear the whole thing in its entirety with the lyrics sheet, for my first listen. As I do for most of the albums I'm excited about.

Word! I do the same, I'll never listen to samples from albums that I'm excited about. It kind of ruins the whole thing for me.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
Word!

I don't know why, but I find it hilarious that you said "WORD"   ;D

AFA the samples...I don't like being teased.
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 10:56:22 PM »
I don't want to hear a sample...i want to experience everything at once....the art work, the lyrics, the music, the story, the style....i want it all at once...no teasers

Offline Nocturne Wraith

• Haunted
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 11:26:05 PM »
Oh believe me I'm dying for a sample of the next album.  I remember how Blood to Walk made me even hungrier for the Puppet Master.

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 12:51:56 AM »
Yes could agree with all party's on the subject.  Some would like a sample myself included some wouldnot and i can respect that.

Stay heavy !  \m/

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 03:26:42 AM »
hmmm, not a sample, more a teaser like they do with movies.
a little video were king tells a little about the story or something with some footage of the recordings or a rehearsal something, not to spoil anything, just to sharpen our curiousity, that would kick ass imo (ayreon did something alike for the release of his last album, pretty cool)

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
I have always been the type like likes to wait. I am not that big on movie trailers either. My girl friend always gets pissed because i rent movies with out reading the back. I just hate to know what to expect. I like going into it cold turkey.

I just look for who directed it and what company produced it and how cool the cover is. That is all i need to rent it.

When it comes to music i don't want to know anything. I have always been that way

Offline blackstonewielder

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 03:21:32 AM »
I will wait patiently for the whole thing, gives the best impact as allways.
so please no samples.

Offline EvilPat

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 05:59:13 AM »
ahh, no samples for me. I wanna unpack the album, put it on, take a beer/whine and the lyricsheet.  :P

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 03:08:10 PM »
Guess the majority wouldn't like one. Though i know some would myself included.  If infact there was such a sample nobody would force you to listen to it.  Of course id listen to it because the devil made me do it.  As a long time loyal fan i respect kings talents and all of his creations i guess everyone feels different though i know a taste of what is to come could only strengthen my desire to own the album. 

Stay heavy !
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:09:50 PM by Shadowswhisper »