Author Topic: A True (And slightly crazy) Fan MUST Read This!! - please :)  (Read 2184 times)

Offline A Vist From The Dead

• Ghost of Change
A True (And slightly crazy) Fan MUST Read This!! - please :)
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »
Hail!

I have just spent around 7 hours doing a tribute to King Diamond! I had taken the 2003 Canada Concert and the deadly lullabye Cd and had a great idea. If you notice, the setlist's are exactly the same exept one is CD and one is bootleg, (i.e. one is good quality, and one is crap sounding) and my idea was to take away the music from the bootleg and only keep the talking in between the songs, and replace the music with the D.L live album, therefore making a CD sounding bootleg. To be honest, ofcourse it was SO much harder than fucking expected, however worth every hour! (all 7 of them :P) I have now completed the dvd, and used afew effects, (i.e. fade in/out...) and afew other tricks i had in my sleve. The outcome was MAGICAL! ofcourse not everyword matched but after all im no professional, only a 14 year old kid, however it tured out fucking great! (Just so you know, i did this purley because of both respect for King Diamond - Heart Attack, and NEED FOR SOME KIND OF GOOD KD DVD!!!) I would love to show all of you my dvd however i am not sure how to post it up, however if anyone wants to see it please just write down your e-mail and ill send it to you, or tell me how i can share it with all of you....

(What do u guys think of my idea? Waste of time or not?)

:king: :) :cool:

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
Re: A True (And slightly crazy) Fan MUST Read This!! - please :)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
The canada bootleg is great the sound quality on mine is fantastic and that kinda takes the magic out of the bootleg if you overdub a mixed live concert professionally recorded ontop of it because one it will never sync up and two  the sound quality wont match the dvd quality and it wont really be live anymore. Just wait for the real dvds.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:44:14 PM by Maiden Jersey »

Offline A Vist From The Dead

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:45:35 PM »
Yeh but compared to a cd or any normal (original) video, the sound quality of the concert is really bad, if u no wat i mean... I think it was worth a try though, and it turned out rele good. :)

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »
bootleg is one thing, but putting the actual copyrighted songs on it is likely not cool, especially if you're sharing it. Don't be surprised if this gets shot down.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 12:47:57 PM »
bootleg is one thing, but putting the actual copyrighted songs on it is likely not cool, especially if you're sharing it. Don't be surprised if this gets shot down.

exactly  :)

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »
Yeh but compared to a cd or any normal (original) video, the sound quality of the concert is really bad, if u no wat i mean... I think it was worth a try though, and it turned out rele good. :)

Why not just listen to the cd do you really need to watch a DVD that bad? Or how about this, play the DVD turn the volume down on your tv and play the cd on the cd player.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:58:09 PM by Maiden Jersey »

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:07:58 PM »
Styx - too much time on my hands  \m/      .....whoops , wrong thread. ::)
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »
Don't be too hard on him. I understand his enthousiasm!  :cool:
I have a friend who filmed a band once with the audio coming from the soundboard. But the soundtech didn't adjust it properly for the camera. Everything distorted way way too much, like if you put a mic in your mouth and yell!! So he asked if I could synch audio from a cd (the studio versions) on top of it so it could be at least watchable. I did, and the result was pretty good! I only had to correct speed of the video a few times during each song.

Later on I tell this to another friend of mine, saying it didn't as long as I though it would, compared to what I had once read......that a guy did it with the Pink Floyd video footage from the Wall concert in Earls Court with the audio from the Is There Anybody Out There cd, and that he had to make around 1000 edits!!.....so that friend challenged me to do it too!....my reputation was on the line lol! So I did. It took me 8 hours and only 125 edits! And now that bootleg is much more enjoyable to watch 'cos you get freaking great sound to go along with it!!

But I wouldn't openly share it on the net with strangers. These are copyright live recordings. If anyone wants them, let them do it on their own!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12