Author Topic: When you listen to KD/MF, what does it remind you of?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline DarkLordNick666

• Haunted
  • Having fun? I know I am!
Re: When you listen to KD/MF, what does it remind you of?
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »
I discovered the music of King Diamond and Mercyful Fate at age 19. I heard Mercyful Fate's cover of "The Ripper" on a Judas Priest tribute album. Iced Earth, another favourite, covered the same song, but I liked the Mercyful Fate version better. It's creepier.

The first Mercyful Fate album I bought was Into The Unknown, and I followed that purchase with The Graveyard and Dangerous Meeting by King Diamond. I was hooked after that. I tracked down every King Diamond and Mercyful Fate album available and have bought all subsequent releases. I'm a fan for life!

The music offered an escape from my stepdad and the monotony of work, as I'd memorized entire albums and sang them in their entirety, much to the dismay of my coworkers, except one who followed the stories. When I got an iPod, there were times when I would select only King Diamond, even though I have lots of other stuff on there. As it stands, I'm the only King Diamond fan at work. My daughter, however, loves it whn I play "Evil" on Guitar Hero.
The only light inside this tomb is coming from so high above us!

Offline kingslungs

• Voodoo Priest
    • Ross666
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 05:41:36 pm »
being young again and a metal head.......still have the long hair but with more gray these days. wish I could see Mercyful Fate original line up :king:

Offline rockapiedra

• Haunted
  • ready to take on this world!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 09:07:54 pm »
This is heaven and hell!!!!