Author Topic: Great Article about King!  (Read 9717 times)

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
Great Article about King!
« on: March 10, 2007, 10:33:37 am »
I just came across a great article from many, many years ago when King was living in Denmark still and Mercyful Fate was pretty new.  The man doing the interview actually stayed over at Kings apartment for the night.  He said the place was dark and lit with only candles.  NO electrical lighting was allowed at all.  King said electric lighting keeps away the spirits and he likes having them around.  The guy also got to see Kings Satanic Altar which has two black candles on it, a huge inverted gold cross that King said he stole from a church.  It also contained a black altar cloth and a copy of the Satanic Bible.  King spoke to the man all night long about his dedication to Anton LaVeys Church of Satan and the Philosophy in the Satanic Bible.  King also talked about the infamous incident at a concert where he Invoked Satan and he felt a spirit or something appear.  Of course as we all know the female singer of the band that followed mercyful Fate that night was shocked by the microphone and almost died.

Hank Sherman told the reporter that it sometimes scares them having such a unique singer in the band, and that they are afraid that he may someday invoke some real powerful Satanic forces because he is so serious about his religion of Satanism!
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
Re: Great Article about King!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 11:36:53 am »
Sounds like a great interview! What magazine was it in? I assume it's not on the Internet anywhere?

Welcome to CWW too BTW!
-Goat

Offline TallicA_dude

• Unclean Spirit
    • myspace page
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:26:20 pm »
wow thats interesting! i'd love to learn more about that!
"Drink, Drink Girl, Drink The Chickens Blood. Drink, Drink Girl, Drink And Feed The Gods!!!"

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 12:36:47 pm »
That sounded cool! :king: but wasn't this interview that said that all the satanic stuff were something for the 80s?Don't mind me... :D

I read on Wikipedia something from the Satanic Bible...pretty cool thing...cept for the love curses,black curses and another one and some rituals that involved sacrifying animals,it didn't involve anything creepy.I wish I could read more
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 03:06:10 pm »
King also talked about the infamous incident at a concert where he Invoked Satan and he felt a spirit or something appear.

That would be the ultimate show!  :king:

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Victim Of The Coven
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 12:57:49 am »
I remember long ago King speaking of a incident which took place at his home. His brother and few others were present. From what i understand several people at the table that night felt their hair getting pulled and also seen a glass rise from the table.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 01:01:05 am by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 08:47:11 am »
^ now that is COOL! I wish I could see that!

Offline TallicA_dude

• Unclean Spirit
    • myspace page
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 12:10:22 pm »
yea he talks about that in the little interview inside of the sleeve of the Reissued Melissa album. he says that James and Lars (of MetallicA) have also been witnesses to things there as well!
"Drink, Drink Girl, Drink The Chickens Blood. Drink, Drink Girl, Drink And Feed The Gods!!!"

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 12:58:10 pm »
I remember long ago King speaking of a incident which took place at his home. His brother and few others were present. From what i understand several people at the table that night felt their hair getting pulled and also seen a glass rise from the table.

Yea, thats what inspired these lyrics in "Welcome princess of hell"

I turn off the lights, we like darkness
Now you call my name, you finally came
Even in the night I see the light shining bright
I'm alone with my friends
Now I see you clear, we raise our glasses
Welcome to my house princess of Hell
Even in the night I see the light shining bright
I'm alone with my friends
I will bring in here my crystal ball
I will gaze, you will know what is to come

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 01:13:46 pm »
I don't know if everyone here has heard this one, but it was also another event with metallica and MF, its makes me laugh everytime I hear it  :D:

Far from being satanic overlords, Metallica was even a little spooked by the occult proclivities of some of its contemporaries. Ramussen's recording studio was located next to Mercyful Fates rehearsal hall - while in Denmark, Metallica relied on them for practice space and equipment loans. "James mentioned that they wrote some of the music for 'Ride the Lightning' in our rehearsal room," recalls King Diamond. "My book full of new lyrics was there, and he and Lars wanted to look at them, but they were kind of scared. They though I was gonna put a curse on them, but they looked anyway. Then they heard us coming, so they quickly closed the book. they were so scared when I came in that I would know - and then I walked straight over to the book and looked in it. Years later James said it freaked them out so bad. I had no idea."

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 02:30:45 pm »
Sounds like a great interview! What magazine was it in? I assume it's not on the Internet anywhere?

It's from an old Kerrang article. Early 80's. I have that article. 
nah

Offline TallicA_dude

• Unclean Spirit
    • myspace page
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 03:38:46 pm »
I don't know if everyone here has heard this one, but it was also another event with metallica and MF, its makes me laugh everytime I hear it  :D:

Far from being satanic overlords, Metallica was even a little spooked by the occult proclivities of some of its contemporaries. Ramussen's recording studio was located next to Mercyful Fates rehearsal hall - while in Denmark, Metallica relied on them for practice space and equipment loans. "James mentioned that they wrote some of the music for 'Ride the Lightning' in our rehearsal room," recalls King Diamond. "My book full of new lyrics was there, and he and Lars wanted to look at them, but they were kind of scared. They though I was gonna put a curse on them, but they looked anyway. Then they heard us coming, so they quickly closed the book. they were so scared when I came in that I would know - and then I walked straight over to the book and looked in it. Years later James said it freaked them out so bad. I had no idea."
:P thats funny!

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 03:39:48 pm »
I saw that article recently in some Metal Magazine that had a special about Satanic Metal bands and of course it had to include the King!  The reporter said that he has met King many times since that night, but that he has never forgotton that first time in King's dark apartment with the Satanic Altar and him reading from the Satanic bible!
He also said how nice it was to meet someone in metal who is a real Satanist and not another fake like so many people in the metal scene who sing about Satan and Satanism.  Even King in another interview I once saw also said how he hates other bands singing about Satanism in a negative and not very accurate way.
And yes I too have read many times where he mentioned all of the Supernatural things that have happened in his old apartment over the years that inspired so many of his lyrics.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline EvilPat

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 06:01:33 am »
It's from an old Kerrang article. Early 80's. I have that article. 

why dont you just scan it and post it on imageshack.us ?

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 11:04:36 am »

copyright infringement maybe? :gah:

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 11:19:50 am »
Admin attacks again :fingers:

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 04:56:45 am »

I'll scan and post it tommorrow....if i don't forget.

Gotta work in an hour, so i can't do it today.
nah

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 10:49:54 am »
Great!  I cant wait to see the whole article posted on here myself.  BTW who said that they read that the Satanic Bible talks about killing animals!  Do you really think that King would be into something like that!  Of course not.  Wherever you read that bullshit never go there again for "facts" about anything.

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 03:59:13 am »
The article from 1982 or early 1983.

nah

trooper

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 05:50:41 am »
Thx, Bub for sharing!

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 08:11:53 am »
Cheers Bub! Bloody Malcolm Dome.. I think he's still reviewing and interviewing bands to this day..
-Goat

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 10:50:02 am »
Thx Bub \m/

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 03:25:33 pm »
The article from 1982 or early 1983.

Nice!

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 06:27:31 pm »
Killer article.
Like, whatever.

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 01:08:04 pm »
The nuns part kinda made me laugh...but I think they fainted after that...kind of night