Author Topic: 10 years of Matt Thompson in King Diamond  (Read 6148 times)

Offline EthanGerman2012

• Baron Samedi
  • Hell yeah, dude.
Re: 10 years of Matt Thompson in King Diamond
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 09:54:57 am »
Wait a minute, you started the comparing with this comment (that's why I had to post that I disagree and I have a different opinion of the best King Diamond drummer):

So, if you want we don't compare KD drummers, don't start doing it yourself. Thank you.
I didn't compare Matt to Mikkey, I just mentioned Mikkey's name.
THRASH TILL DEATH, SON!

Offline Aeon666

• The mother of postwhores!
  • I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 10:25:31 am »
Did you know Mike ´s playing on Sinkronizity with amazing bass player Tony Choy and Frank Watkins ex (Obituary - now in Gorgoroth)

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »
cheers to 10 years matt. here's hoping you get to cut loose a bit more on the next KD album. actually, here's to hoping there will be a next KD album.

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 07:49:33 am »
Compared to everybody else in KD history, that's good.

What I mean is, look at any other 10 year period in King's career.  There was a lot more material rolling out, especially in the 90's with KD and MF.  I know there have been issues preventing it, I just wish we could have more music...with Matt. :(
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Dr. Landau

• Haunted
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 10:52:16 am »
Matt is the best King Diamond drummer live.  Micky had a tendency to speed the music up "a little" too much and that is why Motorhead is a good fit for him.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 10:56:58 am »
Matt is the best King Diamond drummer live.  Micky had a tendency to speed the music up "a little" too much and that is why Motorhead is a good fit for him.
please refrain from drummer comparisons in this thread. that is not its purpose. thanks and such.  :cool:

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 01:48:51 am »
I didn't compare Matt to Mikkey, I just mentioned Mikkey's name.
If you say Matt is the best King Diamond drummer then you are comparing him to other KD drummers. It's simple as that. For example if you say black is my favourite colour then you are comparing it to other colours. Get the point? :gah:

So all who say "don't compare" you are doing it yourself. If you praise Matt Thompson, we Mikkey Dee fans have a right to praise Mikkey. I don't understand people who say "don't do that" and then they do exactly the same thing themselves. Come on, we all have our opinions. We need respect towards each others opinion. All have right to say what they are thinking.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:49:20 am by Hammer »

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 09:08:29 am »
Did you not read my post right above yours? I mean, it's been one exact month since I posted it. You must have had enough time. And as such, you chose to blatantly disregard it.

This thread is done.