Author Topic: New danish book: Heavy Metal - 40 Ã¥r med hÃ¥rd rock  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Zardilann

• Unborn
New danish book: Heavy Metal - 40 år med hård rock
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:56:46 pm »
Hey all

Was busy at work when I noticed a recently released book on the history of heavy metal. Was just doing a quick glance at it, when I noticed a picture of none other than King Diamond in it. Immediately got my full attention and there's quite some information in it, both on King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, and of course a lot of other bands and their history. Definitely worth a read.

http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/44876

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
Re: New danish book: Heavy Metal - 40 år med hård rock
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:31 pm »
Thanks for the info. Very interesting stuff. Unfortunately I don't understand much Danish (I understand a little 'cause I have studied Swedish at school) but my wife has learned some Danish. Maybe she would help me with translating the KD & MF parts of that book some day. It would be extra cool if any of you Danish guys could translate the KD/MF parts though?

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:41:18 pm »
Thanks for the ad letting us know about this wonderful piece of literature...  ::)

Offline Zardilann

• Unborn
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 04:10:40 pm »
Thanks for the ad letting us know about this wonderful piece of literature...  ::)

Feel free to skip it if it's of no interest. Else I'd recommend picking it up at your local library.

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 07:34:23 pm »
Our local libraries don't hold a monopoly on heavy metal books...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 09:57:14 pm »
I don't mind someone promoting a book. If current trends continue, ie electronic media, e-books, kindle etc. actual printed books may eventually become a rarity, a relic of antiquity, something found only in museums, or in the possession of the wealthy. Imagine the world of your grandchildren or great-grandchildren, where the only written word is official government approved electronic documents. Besides, the book publishing is an industry that is probably in as bad a shape as the record industry. Publishing any kind of book is a sure-fire way to lose money. Incidently, the public library in my town has several books on heavy metal, although none in Danish.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Thomas

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »
I don't mind someone promoting a book. If current trends continue, ie electronic media, e-books, kindle etc. actual printed books may eventually become a rarity, a relic of antiquity, something found only in museums, or in the possession of the wealthy. Imagine the world of your grandchildren or great-grandchildren, where the only written word is official government approved electronic documents. Besides, the book publishing is an industry that is probably in as bad a shape as the record industry. Publishing any kind of book is a sure-fire way to lose money. Incidently, the public library in my town has several books on heavy metal, although none in Danish.

So with that logic I shouldn't feel guilty promoting my new fax machine on a discussion forum??  ???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:44:33 pm by Thomas »

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:48:30 pm »
I believe there's even a chapter in it, called "Diamond og Denner" (Diamond and Denner), that deals with how the two met. An excerpt was published in the recent issue of "Metalized", a danish mag. There's a funny bit about King buying his first electric guitar, and not understanding why he couldnt make it sound like Jimmy Page... Until a few days later, when a friend told him he needed an amplifier as well... :D

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 05:13:26 pm »
So with that logic I shouldn't feel guilty promoting my new fax machine on a discussion forum??  ???

If your fax machine had special King Diamond related features, I think it would be totally appropriate. For instance, if instead of that high pitched screeching sound you get when you accidently call, you heard King's laugh, I think you would be remiss to not promote it.

It's not like this book is about architecture or fly fishing. At least part of the book is about King Diamond.
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 01:49:21 pm »
I believe there's even a chapter in it, called "Diamond og Denner" (Diamond and Denner), that deals with how the two met. An excerpt was published in the recent issue of "Metalized", a danish mag. There's a funny bit about King buying his first electric guitar, and not understanding why he couldnt make it sound like Jimmy Page... Until a few days later, when a friend told him he needed an amplifier as well... :D
Havy they posted that as well? Im pretty sure that is originally from Rock Hard Magazine

Offline EthanGerman2012

• Baron Samedi
  • Hell yeah, dude.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 01:43:26 pm »
That's funny. :D
THRASH TILL DEATH, SON!