Author Topic: King Diamond and Mercyful Fate Referances by other bands?  (Read 20732 times)

Offline kingslungs

• Voodoo Priest
    • Ross666
Re: King Diamond and Mercyful Fate Referances by other bands?
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 12:36:32 pm »
The name of the band is Cage and the song is "King Diamond".  You can hear it for free on their website :

http://www.myspace.com/cageheavymetal
\m/ awesome song

Offline Puppy

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2011, 05:51:21 pm »
The name of the band is Cage and the song is "King Diamond".  You can hear it for free on their website :

Great tribute :king: And the lyrics are written very well ...

\m/ I read in some interview with HammerFall where the interviewer asked guitarist,Oscar,if they didn't think about album written like a story.And Oscar answered that this stuff need some special atmosphere created by King Diamond or Alice Cooper.He describe their style of writing like more different to HammerFall.Well,I know that Big Boss,singer from Czech metal band Root, is King's big friend and his big fan - predictably  :)  :) When I read interviews with him,I realized he is talking about King relatively often. I also saw Big Boss and bassist from Root,Igor,wearing KD's T - shirt.And this band also have song called ( in English ) ,, 7 Black Horsemen "  :) Root knows guys from KD and MF personally ... Guys from Moonspell are fans too,they were wearing MF T - shirt - Don't Break the Oath I guess ...  \m/

Offline arrival

• Haunted
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2011, 01:55:42 pm »
A member from the swedish band Wolf listed Them as one of his 5 favorite albums of all time in the recent issue of Close-Up Magazine, speaking of how underrated it is compared to Abigail and how KD sings like a god, when he in reality - as it has been established here before - sings like the devil! :cool: Just had to make that correction there. :)

Which member of Wolf was this?
And the shadows on the wall/ they really came alive

Offline arrival

• Haunted
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2011, 02:02:28 pm »
I know for a fact that Mustaine is a fan, and so are Pain of Salvation and Mastadon, two modern progressive bands.

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 03:52:55 pm »
I dated this girl right after high school and her best friend was in love with Dave Mustaine.  She carried around this clipping from a magazine with Dave Mustaine's list of top ten songs.  #2 was Corpse Without a Soul.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »
Which member of Wolf was this?
Could be anyone of them :P I think they all like them, they even made a cover of Dangerous Meeting

Offline arrival

• Haunted
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 12:45:32 am »
Axe(the guitarist) also plays quite often in a Puppet Master tshirt.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 03:38:42 pm »
I've seen a photo with Halford in King makeup, it was really cool, might have been around here or on the quorum but it was pretty bad-ass none the less  :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:40 pm »
I've seen a photo with Halford in King makeup, it was really cool, might have been around here or on the quorum but it was pretty bad-ass none the less  :king:
hey, if you find it, please post...

Offline EthanGerman2012

• Baron Samedi
  • Hell yeah, dude.
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 10:09:38 am »
:o POST IT!!!
THRASH TILL DEATH, SON!

Offline iceniner

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 06:17:19 am »
I suspect that a lot of modern bands are going to be claiming that they like King Diamond because it will seem like a cool thing for them to say, and maybe they will be told by their record companies to say it, but in fact they are not themselves nearly cool enough... music has deteriorated terribly since the 1990s and most bands these days are terrible.

All legitimate metal bands are fans of King Diamond with no exceptions.  If they are not, they are not legitimate.

Very funny about Bryan Adams.  You'd never guess.  I am also kind of surprised about Robert Plant, but it makes sense since they are probably the two best vocalists in rock music.  I think technically King is far superior to Plant.  But of course Plant was the groundbreaker for so many other bands...

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 09:10:24 am »
All legitimate metal bands are fans of King Diamond with no exceptions.  If they are not, they are not legitimate.

Circular argument.  :)

Offline HeadOnTheWall777

• The King Of Diamonds
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2011, 09:26:28 am »

I too would love to see this picture. That's fucking awesome. \m/

Offline iceniner

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2011, 03:16:20 pm »
Circular argument.
Specifically it would be the "no true scotsman" fallacy (all true scotsmen wear kilts, if not they are not a true scotsman) but in this case it's also true.  There are a lot of fake metal bands out there right now, and a lot of entire fake styles, and I suspect the real ones probably all like King Diamond.

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 08:43:38 pm »
It seems like there has been a resurgence in interest in King lately.  I wore my Mercyful Fate shirt with the zombie faced King on the front to the mall with my daughter the other day.  THREE people approached me about my shirt.  The first guy was working at a T-Mobile kiosk in the mall.  After he asked if I wanted to buy a phone and I told him that I already had T-Mobile, he asked me where my daughter got her Finn hat and where I got my Mercyful Fate shirt.  I would guess he was 20-21 years old.  After that I was in Hot Topic browsing around and the clerk walked up to me and said "I need to shake your hand.  I have not seen anyone wear a Mercyful Fate shirt ever.  I bow to you."  He was probably mid-twenties.  About an hour later I was standing in line and these two teenagers were waiting next to us.  One of them turns to me and says "By the way, that shirt is so awesome."  She was no more than 15-16.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2011, 04:23:24 am »
It seems like there has been a resurgence in interest in King lately.  I wore my Mercyful Fate shirt with the zombie faced King on the front to the mall with my daughter the other day.  THREE people approached me about my shirt.  The first guy was working at a T-Mobile kiosk in the mall.  After he asked if I wanted to buy a phone and I told him that I already had T-Mobile, he asked me where my daughter got her Finn hat and where I got my Mercyful Fate shirt.  I would guess he was 20-21 years old.  After that I was in Hot Topic browsing around and the clerk walked up to me and said "I need to shake your hand.  I have not seen anyone wear a Mercyful Fate shirt ever.  I bow to you."  He was probably mid-twenties.  About an hour later I was standing in line and these two teenagers were waiting next to us.  One of them turns to me and says "By the way, that shirt is so awesome."  She was no more than 15-16.
I seriously never have experienced anything like that! :D Impressive :D

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2011, 06:30:36 am »

Bad ass!
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline Walter_BR

• Salem
  • Justice is meaningless without freedom.
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 10:23:41 am »
I'm not really sure, but I think I saw an interview with Rob Zombie where he says that KD is one of his top favourite artists alongside with Alice Cooper... Makes perfect sense, since he also makes horror themed music.

Also, I went to an Arch Enemy concert last year, and Daniel Erlandsson (drummer), was wearing a KD shirt.

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2011, 11:24:34 am »
Joey Jordison is a fan.

GW: I saw a picture of you in Kerrang wearing a Mercyful Fate shirt. Are you a big fan of that band?

JJ: Fuuuck! Huge huge fan. I have a bunch of Mercyful Fate shirts and I bring them with me on the road. I'm a huge King Diamond fan.

Also Charred Walls Of The Damned/Former Iced Earth/Death drummer Richard Christy.

"...King Diamond is also a huge musical influence for me, I’ve been a massive King Diamond fan since I was 12 years old. As a drummer I would say Mikkey Dee, Bobby Jarzombek, Sean Reinert, Alex Van Halen, all big drumming influences for me"

http://thenumberoftheblog.com/2010/06/07/fucking-metal-interviews-richard-christy/

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:28:45 am by Madhatter »
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline BigMan78

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 01:13:01 am »
I wish I could get that kind of response wearing my MF shirt.  The only ones I receive are nervous glances from people  :'(

Offline Heeei

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 09:43:13 am »
My friends dad recommended them to me, and that was a good thing  :D

Offline Necrolust

• Mad Arab
  • Son Of Northern Darkness
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 05:25:35 am »
There's a picture of king in full makeup (I think it's him, small picture) in the booklet from Cannibal Corpses "The Bleeding" album, where he's standing with a few of the Corpse guys throwing up some mean horns.

Dennis the Menace, drummer from muder metal fantics Macabre, proudly sporting a MF "Melissa" shirt on their live dvd from 2005. Get it, it's absolutely amazing live dvd.

Evig er kampen mod lyset!!!

Offline EthanGerman2012

• Baron Samedi
  • Hell yeah, dude.
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2011, 11:33:38 am »
Dennis the Menace, drummer from muder metal fantics Macabre, proudly sporting a MF "Melissa" shirt on their live dvd from 2005. Get it, it's absolutely amazing live dvd.

My brother owns it. It's really awesome. I recently saw an image of Dani Filth wearing a Mercyful Fate t-shirt with King and a nun posing.
THRASH TILL DEATH, SON!