Author Topic: A look back at the remasters  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
A look back at the remasters
« on: May 06, 2011, 11:05:39 pm »
So, after two years of having the metalblade remasters, I finially have a good, informed opinion on them. Here they are, in order of the best overall re-release to the least best:

1. The Spider's Lullabye: Overall the best sound improvement, which was a HUGE difference! No more dry sound, the bass is now upfront. Better packaging as well as more photos. All around a winner and must have.
2. HOG: The second best sound improvement, the guitars are now more powerful sounding, packs more of a "Punch" than the original. Packaging is the same, in fact I prefer the original artwork, but the improved sound is worth it.
3. The Graveyard: Sound is improved a little, the drums are definitely more upfront, bass is more audible, but it's the artwork for this one that still makes it a winner and still worth buying even if u have the original.
4. Voodoo: The sound is barely improved, i would say that only the volume was raised higher, because really, the original recording is by far KD'S best production. Artwork is EXACTLY the same as the original, so really, this is the only release NOT worth buying, if you already have it. If you don't and u want to pick this up, by all means, get this rather than the original, otherwise, forget it.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
Re: A look back at the remasters
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:28:27 pm »
 Thanks for the Reviews ...

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:15:22 am »
Thanks.  I'm not much of a remaster/remix/repackage fan, but I've actually been curious about those.

I do however, believe that I am becoming a rerecording fan. \m/
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:05:49 pm »
So come on people, what are you thoughts? I am interested in knowing!

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:11:53 am »
I can only agree with what you have said. Nothing to add there.

Offline McMatholomew

• Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 04:51:20 am »
Well, the only remaster I have is The Graveyard, and I plan on getting the rest of the remasters in digipack form for my birthday :)

Although I have nothing to compare The Graveyard remaster to, it definitely has a brilliant sound.

Offline Huntsm├Žnus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:17:04 am »
I don't have of the remasters. However, I wouldn't mind getting the Spider's Lullabye...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 10:22:24 pm »
Right on the money really mate, well done.  One thing to add is that the Voodoo remaster has a hidden track that (I THINK) was only available on some versions previously.
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:52:06 pm »
Right on the money really mate, well done.  One thing to add is that the Voodoo remaster has a hidden track that (I THINK) was only available on some versions previously.

THANKS!!!

Offline sithslayer

• Possessed
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »
i was alittle dissapointed with the remaster of voodoo and house of god. They sound crystal clear but for some reason the bass level is extremely low i was in a car with subs and had to crank the bass max to get anything I realize its metal but the originals have bass to them so i was wondering why its so quiet :(

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 08:20:03 pm »
HHMMMMMMM, I hear MORE bass in the remasters. Weird.