Author Topic: K D Popular culture references (wikipedia)  (Read 4819 times)

Offline coven13

• Just A Shadow
K D Popular culture references (wikipedia)
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:37:50 pm »
discussing Elias' love of Transformers. To mock the Christian Elias, Randal then begins singing King Diamond's "Welcome Home." He is joined by Jay, who climbs into the restaurant through the drive-through window as they begin singing "Invisible Guests". In an extended version of this scene on the DVD, Jay goes on to proclaim his love for King Diamond and black metal. Both songs as well as the dialogue of the Transformers scene (labelled "The First of the Fallen") appear on the Clerks 2 soundtrack CD. The song "Welcome Home" is also featured in one of the internet exclusive trailers for Clerks 2, which can be viewed on the www.clerks2.com website.
Abigail is also the name of a Boss character in the Final Fight series of games. This character bears a definite resemblance to King Diamond.
King Diamond has recorded various voices for four episodes of the Adult Swim show Metalocalypse, including Dr. Ronald Von Monoldburg ("Skwisklok"), Employee 421 ("Murdering Outside the Box"), the manager at Dimmu Burger ("Go Forth and Die"), and The Blues Devil ("Bluesklok")
Di-Amon, from the Anime and Manga Bastard!!, bears a striking resemblance to King Diamond.
The King Diamond music video for "The Family Ghost" is mocked in the first episode of season 6 of 'Beavis and Butthead' - 'Lord of the Harvest'

base :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Diamond#Popular_culture_references
"A big hell... o to all the diamond bangers around the (under)world"

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
Re: K D Popular culture references (wikipedia)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 11:48:02 pm »
We'll have to amend that article to list the other video that Beavis and Butthead made fun of, although it was Mercyful Fate instead of King Diamond.  The Bell Witch was featured in the episode "What's the Deal?"

There was also a Jay and Silent Bob comic book that had them going to a concert.  In the background, there was a band and the lyrics were visible behind their speech bubbles.  "Grandma!  Welcome home!!"

Offline Natas

• Angel Of Light
  • Hello.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 09:50:28 am »
We'll have to amend that article to list the other video that Beavis and Butthead made fun of, although it was Mercyful Fate instead of King Diamond.  The Bell Witch was featured in the episode "What's the Deal?"

There was also a Jay and Silent Bob comic book that had them going to a concert.  In the background, there was a band and the lyrics were visible behind their speech bubbles.  "Grandma!  Welcome home!!"

Beavis and Butthead make fun of The Family Ghost, which is a KD-song. Maybe they also diss MF, I don`t know.
Like, whatever.

Offline coven13

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 11:18:35 am »
I didn´t know about the oter video in beavis  & butthead (the bell witch), but I´m sure about the king diamond video i saw it years ago, and you can find it in  youtube.

you can check this interview in youtube  just type

King Diamond in eleva2ren, part 1

King Diamond in eleva2ren, part 2
(it´s not in english)

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 12:05:09 pm »
wow, king's eyes are pretty scary here, now i know why he weres sunglasses all the time, and i thought it was because he was wasted all the time ::) :P and his sideburns... i wish mine were that long already, still some weeks to come  :'(
thanks for the share, eventhough i haven't understand a word of it :P

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:06 pm »
Yeah, I know that the Family Ghost video was on Beavis and Butthead too.  My post looks like I am denying that a King Diamond video was on Beavis and Butthead.  I was just adding the Mercyful Fate appearance to the list.

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:34:41 pm »
If I remember that B&B episode correctly, the phrase "turd burglar" was used in reference to King... ;D