Author Topic: Another Bootleg... :(  (Read 8504 times)

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
Re: Another Bootleg... :(
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 08:45:55 am »
Indeed. A bit (at least) too much for any new bootleg.
yeah, but every new bootleg is sold for a very high price, and then the prices tend to get lower ...
the first Diamond bangin pic disc I saw was sold for + or - $90 ...now it's a lot more cheaper

Offline Aeon666

• I´m still missing you Dad... I haven´t forget you!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 08:48:57 am »
It was very high.... ant the end it finished on $405 usd. To much for me...

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 09:37:17 am »
This is funny, the seller of this same box sent me and offer to get it for $300 usd.... comments please!!!

LOL

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 09:42:01 am »
This is funny, the seller of this same box sent me and offer to get it for $300 usd.... comments please!!!

LOL
Why on earth would he do that if he could sell it for more? It seems he has quite a few of these boxes if you ask me

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 09:48:19 am »

LOL

Hehe, I got it for 333. You are lucky then! =)

Comments?: Yeah, this is a way sellers can get the maximum price! If he just sells the first one he gets 405 (and he does now anyway). But if he sends a second chance offer to the buyer who offered 400 he gets 400. If he didn´t do that he would get the lower price the next time he lists it - because noone would bid up to 400 then... and so on.

But take it! This is an item which will go up in price. And it probably won´t go down very much. There are too few of them, so I wouldn´t wait.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 09:52:33 am »

Comments?: Yeah, this is a way sellers can get the maximum price! If he just sells the first one he gets 405 (and he does now anyway). But if he sends a second chance offer to the buyer who offered 400 he gets 400. If he didn´t do that he would get the lower price the next time he lists it - because noone would bid up to 400 then... and so on.

But take it! This is an item which will go up in price. And it probably won´t go down very much. There are too few of them, so I wouldn´t wait.
I wish i had that kind of money :(

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 11:31:57 am »

I´m not sure what to do... to be honest... It´s a lot of money for a bootleg. I guess all the buyers are going to have the #20 copy of the 50 LOL
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:35:06 am by Aeon666 »

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 11:46:59 am »
I´m not sure what to do... to be honest... It´s a lot of money for a bootleg. I guess all the buyers are going to have the #20 copy of the 50 LOL

haha, maybe, maybe not. He will list more of them. And it might be possible to get one cheaper - since the four highest bidding people have bought their copies already. But I am not so sure it will get much cheaper...

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 12:29:28 pm »
If i had the money i would do it. Bootleg or not, that is a cool thing to have!

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2011, 12:32:09 pm »
haha, maybe, maybe not. He will list more of them. And it might be possible to get one cheaper - since the four highest bidding people have bought their copies already. But I am not so sure it will get much cheaper...

Well... despite I´m very tempted to get it... I will pass... My collection is about official stuff, so I´m going to keep it that way... although I most admit that the box is very nice...

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 01:54:59 pm »
If i had the money i would do it. Bootleg or not, that is a cool thing to have!
I would do the same ...

it's so sad to be poor :(

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 02:01:28 pm »
I would do the same ...

it's so sad to be poor :(
Every KD fan should be rich!

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 02:25:53 pm »

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »
Every KD fan should be rich!

With KD blessed in our lives, we are rich...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 09:35:31 am »
With KD blessed in our lives, we are rich...

That´s true. =)

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:23 pm »
That piece of shit from greece doing bootlegs from bootlegs.Is that the same guy that sold the spider´s lullabye lp several times?Never buy any of this stuff.No wonder i lost interest in all this bootleg stuff.No fun anymore.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 02:51:12 am »
That piece of shit from greece doing bootlegs from bootlegs.Is that the same guy that sold the spider´s lullabye lp several times?Never buy any of this stuff.No wonder i lost interest in all this bootleg stuff.No fun anymore.

Not sure it is the same guy... But who knows? But I am pretty sure there a few different Greek people involved.

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 06:43:10 am »
I've heard that Russia, Italy and Brazil are famous due to the great quantity of bootlegs too

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 10:28:03 am »
Not sure it is the same guy... But who knows? But I am pretty sure there a few different Greek people involved.

Word... I know that sometimes they covered themselves or have different profiles on Ebay so they can sell from different users.

Offline timv1781

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 03:03:40 pm »
conspiracy in this box set of the seller's username is no longer register! apparently not received the money and started to pissed off. I looked at it and read the profile that is no longer a registered user

Offline Ericfg

• Black Horseman
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »
The eBay listing has expired so I can't see what was there, but judging from the posts here it must have been pretty cool.  And, it made somebody some good money.  I also understand the stand that musicians (or more probably their managers) take on unauthorized or bootlegged items of copyrighted material (that it is basically stealing) and I agree 99%,
But my point is if stuff like sells why won't the band or the managers or the label or the fanclub or the forum make an effort to put out this material?
Let's take, for an example, the Harlev show or the DBtO Tour shirts.  Both are classic MF items and are extremely hard to find.  And just judging by the forum there are more than a few people that would buy an official Harlev live CD or a reprinted DBtO Tour shirt.  If I was managing this band I'd be more than happy to spend a few hundred dollars to get the Harlev show 'remastered' (I've done it myself on Soundforge and it sounds great) or have some vintage tour shirts available.
Heck, if I was running this show I'd have the old videos burned onto a DVD well within a 10 year timeframe but that's a rant for another post.

It's just so frustrating to see such a good band, that has had so much influence and could have been so successful basically lie dead for 10 years in a figurative gutter for lack of motivation and initiative

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 06:14:24 pm »
The eBay listing has expired so I can't see what was there, but judging from the posts here it must have been pretty cool.  And, it made somebody some good money.  I also understand the stand that musicians (or more probably their managers) take on unauthorized or bootlegged items of copyrighted material (that it is basically stealing) and I agree 99%,
But my point is if stuff like sells why won't the band or the managers or the label or the fanclub or the forum make an effort to put out this material?
Let's take, for an example, the Harlev show or the DBtO Tour shirts.  Both are classic MF items and are extremely hard to find.  And just judging by the forum there are more than a few people that would buy an official Harlev live CD or a reprinted DBtO Tour shirt.  If I was managing this band I'd be more than happy to spend a few hundred dollars to get the Harlev show 'remastered' (I've done it myself on Soundforge and it sounds great) or have some vintage tour shirts available.
Heck, if I was running this show I'd have the old videos burned onto a DVD well within a 10 year timeframe but that's a rant for another post.

It's just so frustrating to see such a good band, that has had so much influence and could have been so successful basically lie dead for 10 years in a figurative gutter for lack of motivation and initiative

I think you should check this thread...

http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=5577.0

Grace had the same questions you have regarding this and he spoke with King about it... there you may hear some cool comments...

Offline Aeon666

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 11:29:42 pm »
Mike did you got the box?
Post pictures man!!!

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:12 am »
Mike did you got the box?
Post pictures man!!!
closer pics would be cool :cool:

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 01:30:09 pm »
closer pics would be cool :cool:

Hello. Sorry for the delay. I have been away. Seriously though - no need to post pics of the box. I think it is crap. The picture is pasted on the box (not pressed) and the record is just an ordinary Conspiracy-vinyl from 89. The idiot didn´t even press the record. So my advice - don´t buy it. If you insist on pics I can take them in a few days but in my opinion this does not even qualify as an "item" for a vinyl-collection (since it is not a separate press - just some rubbish thrown together).