Author Topic: WRTN Radio show with King Diamond!  (Read 4001 times)

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
WRTN Radio show with King Diamond!
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:10:46 PM »
Has anyone else had a chance to listen to these two cassette tapes of a radio show that King did years ago just before the release of the "Them" album?  It is very cool.  King sits in the studio for like three hours and answers phone calls and questions and stuff.  Some of the questions I thought were pretty stupid and obvious.  For instance one guy actually asked the King why he has the brimstone symbol which is the Mark of the Nine Satanic Statements next to his name on his albums and shirts?  Another one asked why he always wears the inverted crosses.  Of course King answered with the obvious comments "Because it is paying respect to the Satanic Philosophy". 
He also answered some questions from a member of a Satanic Coven and even a so-called white witch about his meeting with Anton LaVey and seeing the Church of Satan.  "After reading the Satanic Bible I always had high hopes for what it would be like when I finally saw it. But I was always a little bit scarred that I would be disappointed.  But I finally got to see that it was ten times more serious and that made everything worth it to me.  And seeing that LaVey was very down to earth and very serious about what he was doing, and that he has a great sense of humor".  There was also a lot of questions asked toward him about his experiences with Satanism and the Occult and what it means in some of his lyrics and a whole lot of other interesting stuff!  These are a must for any fan.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
Re: WRTN Radio show with King Diamond!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »
I have never heard them but i would like to....do you own them and are trading or are you looking for opinions on the show from others who have heard it?

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »
Oh No I would never get rid of these.  Sorry.  I was just wondering if anyone else has heard them and what they thought.
We created god in our own image, every idea about god has been created by humans afterall - King

Offline Lance

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »
I'd love to hear them I've looked all over the place for older King interviews but I can't find them anywhere

Offline prhill

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »
I am not sure where they can found anymore.  I got them years ago from "Bloodgore Video" which used to have TONS of King Diamond videos and tapes of interviews, music videos and concerts from every tour ever done, and other rare and interesting things!   Another funny part of this radio show was when the host asked King if he has been to church.  And King says "Yes I have been to the Satanic Church in San Francisco".  So the host says I meant the Catholic church, To which King says he doesn't see the point of going there at all.  It really is an interesting couple of hours of funny and interesting entertainment!

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 07:37:11 AM »
Yep,that´s highly interesting stuff.Many questions are answered there (e.g.the 18 is 9 thing).It got sold through ebay some time ago under the title "hail to the king".Essential for everyone here!

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 02:34:06 PM »
I am not sure where they can found anymore.  I got them years ago from "Bloodgore Video" which used to have TONS of King Diamond videos and tapes of interviews, music videos and concerts from every tour ever done, and other rare and interesting things!   Another funny part of this radio show was when the host asked King if he has been to church.  And King says "Yes I have been to the Satanic Church in San Francisco".  So the host says I meant the Catholic church, To which King says he doesn't see the point of going there at all. It really is an interesting couple of hours of funny and interesting entertainment!

My point exactly...I used to go to church because my grandma is a very Christian person,and if I would've said  no she would've started with the Bible and stuff...it's enough that everytime I go to her,she starts reading the Bible,and drives me insane(I wouldn't mind if it was the Satanic Bible :gah: ) So...it's enough to hear her...no point of going there
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Lance

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 09:36:02 PM »
I'd like a DVD just full of King interviews

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 12:34:47 AM »
My point exactly...I used to go to church because my grandma is a very Christian person,and if I would've said  no she would've started with the Bible and stuff...it's enough that everytime I go to her,she starts reading the Bible,and drives me insane(I wouldn't mind if it was the Satanic Bible :gah: ) So...it's enough to hear her...no point of going there
It's kind of like place to hang out with other religious people, like this forum is place to hang out with KD/MF fans, but if someone doesn't wanna come here, it doesn't mean that he/she isn't a fan of those bands. Also if someone doesn't wanna go to church, it doesn't mean that he/she is not a 'fan' of God. :cool: