Author Topic: How about this idea...  (Read 2933 times)

Offline UndeadLegend

• King Of Pain
  • Chief of Kittens & All Other Small Vile Creatures
How about this idea...
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:56:59 am »
Since Fatal Portrait and Spider's Lullabye were only partial concepts, what do you think about the idea of there being sequels to the concepts on one album? TSL II and FP II on one album together. Hm? Hm????
"King Diamond's a Satanist, he doesn't believe in electricity." - Sam Dunn

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
Re: How about this idea...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:45:54 pm »
I'd take whatever the hell King could give us at this point. I miss him!

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 01:08:58 pm »
Noooooooo no more part 2's or 3's 

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:22 pm »
that would be fine with me.  I do not want him doing too many sequels like THEM part 3!!!  but just one sequel to those two short stories might be ok
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 01:51:29 pm »
Noooooooo no more part 2's or 3's
Yes, I'm thinking this too. I think a third installment would take away the imagination and I don't think there's a need for a part 2 on the other existing albums. A new story altogether would be fantastic IMO.

Offline EthanGerman2012

• Baron Samedi
  • Hell yeah, dude.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 03:05:17 pm »
I can't see there being a sequel to either story. The endings pretty much closed the book on that happening.
THRASH TILL DEATH, SON!

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:04:40 pm »
I could do without a sequel, but a new cd with 2 or 3 mini concepts would be great.

Or how about this: 5 or 6 songs in a concept on side A, and an extended, dramatic 12 minute long spoken word horror story on side B! One that would make the hair on your neck stand up! That's what I want.

Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Owen

• Jonah
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 03:59:43 am »
Am I the only one who figures that maybe King is already working on a new story?

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 05:50:32 am »
King is a very creative person, so I would like to hear all new stories to be honest.
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline Emanresu

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 06:40:06 am »
The only time I think King should do a sequel is if the sequel comes directly after the prequel like "'Them'" and "Conspiracy". Because this shows that King actually intended it to be a part of the original. Otherwise it just seems like the sequel wasn't meant to be, and that it was just thrown into the story for no reason like 25 years later. Like Abigail and Abigail II, Abigail II didn't really feel like it was a needed sequel. However, it's King's music and I suppose he knows what he's doing, so if he wants to make a sequel to like "Fatal Portrait" or something then I say go for it.  :P

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 10:02:49 am »
If he told the whole story in a few songs, that's great. I certainly wouldn't want a Fatal Portrait 2, 'cos he couldn't match it musically, the way he writes now. Not saying I don't like the new style, btw.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Emanresu

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:23:29 am »
If he told the whole story in a few songs, that's great. I certainly wouldn't want a Fatal Portrait 2, 'cos he couldn't match it musically, the way he writes now. Not saying I don't like the new style, btw.
I wouldn't want a Fatal Portrait II either. But if King wanted to do something like that then I wouldn't mind because even though the story doesn't need a sequel, nor do I desire one, King knows what he's doing, so I would support him.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:23:47 am by Emanresu »

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 12:05:10 am »
I wouldn't care for a sequel of either one. I know both are short in terms of how many songs are involved in the tale, but that's the big reason I think it would be a bad idea to do a sequel. both stories were wrapped up using so few songs compared to King's other albums.....if we were talking about a story that had a lot of stuff left unanswered after an entire album was done, then I would be inclined to see a possibility for continuing the story on another album as a sequel. the stories in TSL and FP are already complete.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 09:08:53 am »
Am I the only one who figures that maybe King is already working on a new story?
A new story .....try probably a few as he has had alot of time to think . Might even be a story about his heart surgery and the trials of going through all the pain and fear associated with such a big medical problem such as this. King Has put things (personal) in his music before and this kind of thing I would think will surely come out even if it is not recognizable to the trained listener. Whatever it is I am sure it will be great ! \m/ :king:
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 10:11:08 am »
Might even be a story about his heart surgery and the trials of going through all the pain and fear associated with such a big medical problem such as this.

^-1

I'm sorry, but that would really suck. I would prefer Abigail 3 to 15 to this!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 10:12:11 am »
King said he was putting some of the horror that he experienced during his surgery and recovery into the next album.  some really dark stuff he said
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 10:13:28 am »
 :(

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:30:28 am »
^-1

I'm sorry, but that would really suck. I would prefer Abigail 3 to 15 to this!
You take my words completely out of context Beelz......I am sure he will turn it into a rollercoaster horror show in the vein of his previous outings and not what I think you are thinking. It will be there but in disguise . When I think about the horror of such a traumatic medical episode like the one King went through , I always think of the song 'no more me' which is a pretty damn awesome tune if you ask me .....this is what I expect it will be similar to or maby better who knows but King has been at this long enough to do it right and I think the next project will be over the top! :king: \m/

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 05:43:59 pm »
You take my words completely out of context Beelz......I am sure he will turn it into a rollercoaster horror show in the vein of his previous outings and not what I think you are thinking. It will be there but in disguise . When I think about the horror of such a traumatic medical episode like the one King went through , I always think of the song 'no more me' which is a pretty damn awesome tune if you ask me .....this is what I expect it will be similar to or maby better who knows but King has been at this long enough to do it right and I think the next project will be over the top! :king: \m/

Well, sorry if it was out of context, but I still think it will suck. So if he is in fact gonna do something like this, I'm skeptic. Give me your soul was a flawed story, so maybe he needs to do something completely different. But I just can't get excited about a horror story of a guy getting a botched heart surgery.

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 06:26:24 pm »
^^ Thats cool , I actually like GMYSP so our differences lie there maybe . I would just think if you are a true King enthusiast that you would be more positive as King has had way more awesome than not albums so I am just trying to be as positive as I can be about whatever he is working on .........but then again I am also a fan of Abby 2 which seems to get beat like a piniata on Cinco-de-mayo around here. ::)

Offline Owen

• Jonah
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 10:47:33 am »
Well, sorry if it was out of context, but I still think it will suck. So if he is in fact gonna do something like this, I'm skeptic. Give me your soul was a flawed story, so maybe he needs to do something completely different. But I just can't get excited about a horror story of a guy getting a botched heart surgery.
I assume it'll contain elements of what scared him, but it won't be necessarily about what happened to him. Like people care when it happened to him, people don't care when it happens to some guy. Also GMYS...P doesn't progress very much, it's pretty slow.