Author Topic: King on Metal Evolution  (Read 15873 times)

Offline Mr. Noncents

• Mandrake
  • The 13 were sharing a 9
Re: King on Metal Evolution
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2012, 08:03:59 am »
It looks like, in one hour (starting at 10AM Central), VH1 will be marathoning every episode of Metal Evolution. I missed last night's installment.

King's Ep will be on at 6 Central.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:08:15 am by Mr. Noncents »
Note to self:  Never make King Diamond mad.

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2014, 10:35:56 am »
I apologize for rising this after long time, but I just discovered this documentary right now! I never known about that before (and maybe I have to apologize for this too :-[)!

Here's a new available link for the "shock rock" episode!  King starts at 22:20!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scE954cCruI

That's freakin' awesome! :D

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2014, 10:55:42 am »
Yeah King even said he almost burned down the studio because he would only use candles instead of electrical lighting in the studio like at home while he recorded albums back then.
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2014, 12:43:25 am »
Yeah King even said he almost burned down the studio because he would only use candles instead of electrical lighting in the studio like at home while he recorded albums back then.
I already knew he did it in the studio while recording albums, but I didn't know he used to do the same at home! But are we sure that's true? Ok in the studio (I read that from King himself), but at home...
I'm raising this point 'cause he seemed to be really amused when Sam Dunn told of that rumor he heard when he was a teenager!

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2014, 01:45:12 am »
King was on a documentary a while ago that was waaaay better than the evolution one. It basically had king I. A hotel room on I think what was a mercyful fate tour, and he gave a great interview. Was really cool. Funny, relaxed, and it was much longer than the evolution interview.
Wish I could remember name of flick. D'oh!!

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2014, 06:50:13 am »
Chagosomar: IS that the interview where King was talking to Bill Zebub and some girl? That is a great one.

Blackest: A few years ago a magazine did a 3 part series on Satanism and they reprinted an old piece they did with King from the early 80's so here is a copy of that talking about his place back then

M. H. Magazine - There's none more properly Satanic than King Diamond. We all chuckle when anyone connected to a band declares themselves to be a Satanist. Usually this is done to gain some kind of credibility with the fans and the media. Most of whom have no notion of what being Satanic actually means anymore than they know anything of the general theory of relativity. From Ozzy to Black Metal church burners many have professed themselves wedded to the Dark side, but usually it just means they forgot to pay the electric bill. However King Diamond, now there is another beast altogether with a very definite black fur. Because this is a believer. A proclaimer. A disciple of the lord of the flies. And he is not kidding around. Let me tell you a story.

It was early 1983 I flew to Copenhagen to discover the truth behind the mask of King Diamond. I met him and other members of Mercyful Fate at a coffee shop. King showed up without make up on, but was sporting earrings of inverted crosses. I was to spend the night with King at his flat and bassist Timi Grabber held my arm and asked if I was freaked out by spirits, because if I was Kings place was not going to be fun for me. It was now after midnight and King and I headed for his apartment.

When we arrived the first thing I noticed was that there were no light bulbs in the place, none at all. We were feeling our way by candlelight. I asked King if he forgot to pay his light bill? King: I don't like electrical lighting as it drives away the spirits and I love to have them near me.

So we sat in the half light chatting away for hours as the King talked openly about his devotion to the Church of Satan led by Anton LaVey and how King regularly reads from the Satanic Bible which was resting on his Satanic Altar in the darkest corner of his living room. The Satanic Bible had burnt edges from being used in Satanic Rituals. Also on the altar was a black altar cloth, two black candles, a human skull called Melissa and an inverted cross that King took from a church. Also in the room was a drawing of a nun masturbating with a crucifix, King was very proud of this.

King then got up and grabbed two cassettes. One of them he put in and played the song Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin backwards as many people believe that you can hear Robert Plant saying My Sweet Satan. King is one such believer.

King then played a tape of the infamous concert with the band Girlschool where the lead singer almost died onstage after being electrocuted. King: It was my fault. King played the tape and I could hear strange noises and suddenly the sounds of a girl screaming in pain! But what did King have to do with this incident?

King: Mercyful Fate opened for them that night and I said Lets bring Satan into the house tonight, and I felt something weird happening. I knew I had invoked a spirit and that it was negative, Satan really did come into the house and the girl almost died. We were backstage and we heard weird noises coming through the speakers as the girl sang and for some reason I said, Just you wait she will not sing another song tonight, not one more. And she didn't. Why I said that I have no idea. I don't know where the words came from and I certainly did not wish harm to come to her. People that were there that were interviewed afterwards said that they all felt a presence there as soon as I did the little ritual.

King: There have been many other things that have happened as well. There was also a girl here once who gave me a hard time because I talked in interviews about ghosts and demons and powers and stuff. So I said just because you don't believe in them does not mean they do not exist, and we don't have to talk about it then. But that she should be careful as one of them might prove themselves to her. And she was like Whatever. So I said do you want me to see if I can summon something? And she said "Yes let's see it". So I kept only one candle lit on my altar to put the room into total darkness. Then I put on the soundtrack to the Exorcist to set the right mood. So we sat down and I wished so bad for one of them to come and show this girl. Within five minutes I heard her screaming and I saw her hair being pulled by something. Then it went and started scratching the walls and moving along the row of records I have against the wall. The girl was freaking out. Then it went in front of my Satanic Altar where it took two deep breaths, two deep inhaling and then exhaling before moving down the hall and into the bathroom and out of it making this weird noise like they always did. It does exist, it doesn't matter whether or not people believe in them or not.

Another night I was being pulled by my hair as I was about to walk across the street to head home and no one was around and I knew that as soon as I got home things would start happening, and I was not in the mood that night. I got home and it moved a piece of candy I had on the table to the other side of the table and lifted up the blanket I had on the couch, I could even see the fingerprints it left into the blanket. When I went to lie down it then started to caress my face. It did not feel cold or anything, it was just like warm human flesh. I told it that I was not in the mood and that we should continue to play another night. So it left making that weird noise that I cannot describe. It went down the hall and out of the bathroom again.

Then there was the night when Timi our bass player was here on the couch with an American girl Anita and I was in the bedroom playing some kind of soccer game with James and Lars of Metallica when all of a sudden we heard these loud noises. So we ran in and Timi and Anita were sitting there so pale and shaking wondering what was going on. It turned out that everything on my Satanic Altar including the Altar cloth was thrown all over the room. Then later that night Anita got trapped in my bathroom. She was in there for like 20 minutes so I went in to see if she was ok and I found her on the floor crying and saying something was in there with her and would not let her out, and that it growled in her face. But there have been so many other things that have happened as well. I always tell people that something will happen. It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.

King went on to tell me that Proclaiming to be a Satanist does not mean that he goes around killing baby's or animals. King: Satanism simply means that I understand the Powers of the Unknown. Within Satanism you can pick and choose from twelve different religions if you want to. Whatever feels right to you and makes you happy to believe in. It is called the Satanic Bible, but it is really more about Life Philosophy than it is a religion. But when people hear the word Bible they think religion right away. I don't know sometimes I wish maybe he had called it something else like the book of Satanic Philosophy or something instead.

King then made a place for me to sleep on his living room floor in front of his Satanic Altar.

As I said goodbye to the band Hank Sherman took me aside and asked what I thought of their eccentric singer? He is a character I replied. Hank who seemed deep in thought then replied "Yeah, but he really means this Satanic stuff you know. It's his religion. The rest of us are really worried about what forces he may unleash without meaning to do so".

I left there convinced that King Diamond was not a man who dabbled in the Dark Arts simply to gain publicity, he was the genuine article. I have met him many times since then over the years and he has never changed his beliefs in any way, and he is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, but I will never forget that night in his flat

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2014, 07:45:10 am »
Wow! I already heard of the Girlschool episode, the one of Anita (wich I think was Timi's girlfriend at that time, if I remember well), and the one of the skeptical girl, but it's really interesting to read the entire article! Thank you very much SatanKing! :fingers:
Regarding this last one, I read somewhere that King was inspired by that for writing the song Lurking In The Dark! Does someone else remember the same?

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2014, 07:51:11 am »
Blackest: You are welcome and I know Lurking in the Dark was inspired by stuff from his apartment like many songs were. And GMYSP was as well quite a bit like the darkness breathing and is the dark an open door to these powers . And HOG the very beginning he said with the breathing sounded just like that night the thing breathed in his place

But I am sure it inspired the lines in that song about hearing someone breathing but no one is there if that is what you think you better beware.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:59:04 am by SatanKing »

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2014, 07:57:07 am »
I read too that two guys from Kerrang spent the night at Kings when they did the photo shoot with King and the "Nun" and in the morning one guy wanted to leave for the plane 4 hours early and get out as he too had something growl at him in Kings bathroom lol

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2014, 08:35:12 am »
Eheheh! Growls that come from bathroom... They scare lot of people! :icon_mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:38:10 am by Blackest »

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2014, 08:51:21 am »
Yeah King said the guys face was so white when he came out of the bathroom lol and King asked if something growled at him in there and the guy was like "What! how did you know? I didn't say that. We have to leave now"

Offline Raven

• Black Devil
    • Beyond Eternal
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:14 am »
That was a good episode though, it was cool to hear Kings thoughts on the topic, even if it was a brief interview segment   \m/
"Now I hear deceiving lying tongues...never have I done no harm to anyone..."

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2014, 02:47:52 pm »
Yeah I mean they go out of their way to Kings actual house and King lets them in and all we got was a VERY brief clip from all of that?

But going back to the incident with the singer from Girlschool. King said she came to him years later and wanted to talk to him in private as she was dying to tell someone what she experienced that night but was afraid people would say she was nuts but she knew King would understand due to his beliefs. So she told King when it happened she found herself floating above the audience toward the ceiling looking down at her physical body and watched as the roadie her boyfriend ran onstage and kicked the microphone off of her at which point she flew back into her physical body.

King mentioned that he and Livia were in Denmark a while back and King's brother drove them to King's old apartment there and the three of them stood outside looking up at the third floor where he lived and looked at the kitchen and bathroom windows where much of the weird stuff took place and King said it was like the priest in the Exorcist staring up at the windows except that it was daytime knowing they were still in there.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »
Interesting note I just heard a podcast where it was mentioned that a biker from the Church of Satan who died wanted the Church of Satan to do a Satanic Funeral for him and part of it was that he had paint done on him to resemble his idol King Diamond :)

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 11:30:21 pm »
I wonder if that was the same incident were the Girlschool singer was electrocuted from the microphone.  :icon_eek:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2014, 03:52:41 am »
Count: Yes that is the incident King is talking about. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:57:14 am by SatanKing »

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2014, 06:10:38 am »
an episode about shock rock and almost no mention of GWAR......give me a break

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »
I thought it was interesting too that when King went to meet Livia's family that her mother I guess would not let them leave until a Tarot reading was done on them to reveal things and King said even though he was not one to let cards dictate his actions he felt that if "THEY" the Powers were there that they would make sure that the cards fell into the proper places and that sure enough the cards did exactly that.