Author Topic: Digipack vs. Jewelcase  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Spooky

• Witches' Eye
Digipack vs. Jewelcase
« on: May 02, 2007, 07:58:06 am »
I was wondering if there's going to be anything special about the digipack version of Give Me Sour Soul... Please
It would be kinda nice to know before I preorder the album.
-Life is like a penis... When it's hard, you get screwed... When it's soft, you can't beat it-

-Poli

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
Re: Digipack vs. Jewelcase
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:00:25 am »
A digipack almost always involves some video whether be a double sided disc, or two discs.
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 09:38:37 am »
I have many digipacks, and most of them has nothing different, exept the fact that they are digipacks.  :P

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:40:56 am »
I have many digipacks, and most of them has nothing different, exept the fact that they are digipacks.  :P

Oh, having problems with my computer... But as I said in the post which never made it to this board, it's quite usual that album gets released in different versions, and that "extra limited bonus special edition" in digipak is a good way to get people rush to shops to get it before it's sold out. But not all digipaks are like it. Most of them aren't.

But I'd like to get some KD live stuff on dvd, I still don't have those 25th anniversary releases of Abigail and Melissa, re-buying albums which I already have doesn't sound that interesting...
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:40:12 pm »
Well,maybe there´s no difference between digipack or jewelcase.I´ll buy both ones,as usual.Nevertheless the vinyl version always looks best!

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 12:41:45 pm »
But I'd like to get some KD live stuff on dvd, I still don't have those 25th anniversary releases of Abigail and Melissa, re-buying albums which I already have doesn't sound that interesting...

It's worth it on those.  The DVD's are cool, and there are a lot of interviews and rare pics.

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 01:48:51 pm »
It's worth it on those.  The DVD's are cool, and there are a lot of interviews and rare pics.

Cool-- I've made up my mind and will definitely be picking those up!

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 10:16:26 pm »
Cool-- I've made up my mind and will definitely be picking those up!

yeah, it's worthy    ;)

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 12:08:18 am »
Hello, It is I. I just recently picked up a dvd called KING DIAMOND...HAUNTED( 3 concerts FATAL PORTRAIT  1986, ABIGAIL 1987, CONSPIRACY 1989.) Total Boot, Total RAw. Fucking KILLER!!!! :king:
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Wilmar

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 06:27:58 am »
The 25th anniversary CD's with DVD's are worth every penny of it. I should recommend you order it from Displeased Records, since they seem to be the cheapest.

Digipacks: most of the time I find them clumsy, every time the tray breaks loose from the cardboard...

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 06:39:16 am »
Digipacks: most of the time I find them clumsy, every time the tray breaks loose from the cardboard...

Yeah, that's annoying. Digipacks aren't very durable and they do tend to fall apart over time. I much prefer jewel CD cases - at least if a jewel CD case breaks you can easily replace it.
-Goat

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 07:54:10 am »
And if you have a slotted CD rack, they never fit!

Offline -lg-

• "Grandma"
  • It's a bool! A bad-gunky blood-bool!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 08:17:21 am »
I like when CDs come with extra features (like videos and such), of course, who wouldn't?  But, I'm not a fan of dual discs, I'd rather 2 separate CDs, so that I have at least one non-data side of a disc to ensure something doesn't get scratched.  I'd much rather a 2-CD jewel case though, and not a digipack cardboard case, which I rather despise.  The cardboard is usually flimsy, and it's oddly sized.  I can't think of any pros of that cardboard case, especially when any bonus material (like a thicker booklet or DVD disc) could fit into a jewel case.   

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 03:18:26 pm »
I prefer Jewel cases as well but i always feel like i am missing out on something if i don't get the digipack, even if there is nothing extra...i just feel like less of a fan if i don't get the digi i don't know why lol

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 06:42:48 pm »
I prefer Jewel cases as well but i always feel like i am missing out on something if i don't get the digipack, even if there is nothing extra...i just feel like less of a fan if i don't get the digi i don't know why lol

yeah, digipack has that special feeling to it

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 07:12:42 pm »
All I know is that the digipack for TPM was well worth it because of the DVD of King telling the story.   :king:

I really dug hearing him tell it in his terms. I hope that he does something similar for the new album, but live footage would also be GREAT.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 10:23:33 pm »
I think the only bad thing about digipacks is when that thing in the center breaks which holds the cd, you can't change it to a new one like for jewel case. :( (actually I've been able to fix one, but it's too much work  ::) )

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 12:18:57 am »
yeah they don't last...that is by far the worst part of the digi pack

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 01:26:26 pm »
Hmm, Finnish record store Swamp Music is already advertising pre-orders for Give Me Your Soul... Please, and there's also a limited digipak version. Not too big surprise that it's being released in two CD versions, but does anyone know if there will be any extras with that digi?

And they have written it "gimme"  :D
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 02:28:16 pm »
Hey, has anyone else here bought Rush's "Rush in Rio" 3-CD set? Worst digipack format ever...period. The discs are held by thin, flimsy carboard pockets. Needless to say, they break easily. When I first bought it, it only lasted a couple of weeks before the sides of the pockets broke away from the rest of the package. :(

Then one day, I lent Rush in Rio to my brother and he lost it. So I bought it again, this time being extra careful not to damage the digipack. And guess what: the stupid pockets broke AGAIN...after only one week! ::)

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 06:21:55 pm »
I can't find an online pre-order...there has be one